I told you so..

Search This thread

Last-Chance

Aug 16, 2010
just doesn't quite say it.

Like I've said in my previous posts, when it comes to samsung supporting ANY of their phones, well you don't get any. They make buggy phones which have problems after a few days of use, and then instead of recalling or updating kernels/roms, they just totally ignore the customers and run off with the money. The "legal" alternative of scamming.

And they have done the same with samsung epic.

http://www.talkandroid.com/13036-samsung-epic-already-having-issues-on-launch-day/

It's not the issues per say, but it's the fact that they KNEW about the issue, and ignored it. I know evo had some issues from the start as well, but this was usually do to a bad batch and htc didn't know about this until mass release. BUT samsung knew about this issue before they even released the phone.

tl;dr: samsung is a crap company when it comes to phones, they don't support their products, and will screw you over when they get the chance.

Last-Chance

Aug 16, 2010

no, not really. People are comparing evo to samsung epic, and to me it seems like a right forum to warn everyone about the problems with the epic. I had a chance yesterday to trade my evo for a samsung + 25$. I was thinking about it since my evo has a broken 4g, and the only reason i thought about it was the processor speeds, but after reading that article upon many others, I was re-assured that I will never buy another samsung phone.

omegasun18

Jun 14, 2010
my favorite are all the posts of people saying "i bought the phone an hour ago it pwns it is so leeet" now give them a few dys they will be the ones going back and shouting "omg this phone sucks my back button doesnt work ... wth screw you samsung".

skydeaner

Sep 29, 2008
champaign
xda.chambanatech.com
Well... I guess this isn't really any different then the screen seperation issue and the light spot on the lcd over the processor and the power button crack on Evo's. I am sure testers ran into all those problems. it is a matter of what is going to cost more; retooling and redesigning a few pieces of the phone and replacing it on 100,000 handsets, or replacing a few thousand handsets that run into the issue.

I'm sure my numbers aren't really in the ballpark, but you get my drift. Every company has to make decisions like this.

Last-Chance

Aug 16, 2010
Well... I guess this isn't really any different then the screen seperation issue and the light spot on the lcd over the processor and the power button crack on Evo's. I am sure testers ran into all those problems. it is a matter of what is going to cost more; retooling and redesigning a few pieces of the phone and replacing it on 100,000 handsets, or replacing a few thousand handsets that run into the issue.

I'm sure my numbers aren't really in the ballpark, but you get my drift. Every company has to make decisions like this.

I don't buy in the lcd separation bs. I saw people take pictures of claiming about separation and it looks fine to me. If it was separating, then the touch screen wouldn't work as well and you would be experiencing more problems than "dust settling under the screen".

As for the hairline crack on the power button, most of the people that had it, didnt even know about it. Sprint techs probably didn't know about it as well.

Hanson68

Mar 25, 2008
Actually, this is a whole other ballpark. You could argue that the Evos were pushed out the door for launch, but Samsung released the first Galaxy S phone in the beginning of June in Europe, and every issue Epic users are running into now were discovered back then. Three months ago. Three months and no fixes for their new phone. They knowingly released a defective phone, will probably never fix it, and will move on to their next phone in January. So long suckers! Oh, and watch this space for complaints about the keyboard Oreo. The only reason this is new is because the Epic is the first Galaxy phone with a keyboard. I mean, you didn't think they'd get that working properly out of the gate, did you?

Sorry for all the FUD, but I'll probably have Gingerbread on my Evo before the Epic gets froyo.

00_MACKIE_00

Aug 5, 2010
Florida
Actually, this is a whole other ballpark. You could argue that the Evos were pushed out the door for launch, but Samsung released the first Galaxy S phone in the beginning of June in Europe, and every issue Epic users are running into now were discovered back then. Three months ago. Three months and no fixes for their new phone. They knowingly released a defective phone, will probably never fix it, and will move on to their next phone in January. So long suckers! Oh, and watch this space for complaints about the keyboard Oreo. The only reason this is new is because the Epic is the first Galaxy phone with a keyboard. I mean, you didn't think they'd get that working properly out of the gate, did you?

Sorry for all the FUD, but I'll probably have Gingerbread on my Evo before the Epic gets froyo.

hhahaha CLASSIC

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
samsung couldn't (and still can't) do flip phones right (had a couple, they would always break; switched to sanyo, i've had that sucker for >4 years and I still bring it out of the box as a backup from time to time, and everything still works on it), why would we expect them to do smart phones any better? they just do not make quality product. burn in on the screens, wow - basically one of your hot selling points is the AMOLED screen, and it has huge burn in problems in less than a month? and they are mass producing these things? no epic for me, and no samsung AMOLED for me on any phone, thanks.

love my evo. no, HTC is not perfect, not saying that at all. but they do make a better quality product than sammy any day, hands down.

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
Quick off-topic question. I am seriously considering the EVO. However, I need Wifi to work. Are there still issues with poor Wifi signal on the Evo or has this been resolved?

Hanson68

Mar 25, 2008
After the froyo update, I went from 2 bars on my couch sitting 20 feet from my router to full bars and I can now go into the bedroom and still get signal. I used to switch to my Diamond and use Opera Mini whenever I was in the bedroom, but that's no longer an issue. 3G signal got stronger as well.

Or was there a different wifi issue you were referring to?

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Yeah, WiFi is big for me too and I noticed a while ago it seemed to be better than when I first bought the device. But I thought this was done some time ago. But yeah, WiFi is good. :D

Last-Chance

Aug 16, 2010
After the froyo update, I went from 2 bars on my couch sitting 20 feet from my router to full bars and I can now go into the bedroom and still get signal. I used to switch to my Diamond and use Opera Mini whenever I was in the bedroom, but that's no longer an issue. 3G signal got stronger as well.

Or was there a different wifi issue you were referring to?

same thing, getting full bars in two rooms down. About 2 or so bars throughout the house.

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
After some research I went with the EVO. I have no problems with wifi throughout my house or any other issues with this phone. I came from the Samsung Moment and that phone was a nightmare, no updates to fix the known issues, they deemed it EOL after the 2.1 update. Even with a ROM rooted it was bad. I am half expecting the same with the epic.

chino0131

Feb 22, 2010
Washington, DC
I purchased the Epic to compare it to the Evo. It really is a great phone, but I think I'm going to stick with my EVO. There were small issues I had that may have been no problems for others, but to me they were dealbreakers. The screen truly does wonders and makes the EVo appear washed out. However, the size is noticeable when compared to the EVO. They realistically could have kept the screen the same size as the EVO had they made the "SAMSUNG" on the front smaller. The email would also never update without a manual refresh, the touch screen buttons are hardly responsive. The email was a big issue to me. However, the biggest deal breaker was the battery. My battery life on the Epic was worse than the EVO. Not a huge deal since Im always near a charger. However, the battery would take hours to charge. My evo could be completely shut down and charge from 10%-100% in about an hour tops. The EPIC took several hours.

That said, the phone is incredibly snappy stock. I would love to see what developers can do with it, but I dont think I have the patience to wait. I'm a regular flashoholic on my EVO.

hooover

Aug 3, 2008
State of VA
y. My battery life on the Epic was worse than the EVO. Not a huge deal since Im always near a charger. However, the battery would take hours to charge. My evo could be completely shut down and charge from 10%-100% in about an hour tops. The EPIC took several hours.

Once again I'm calling BS EVO will not fully charge in 1 hour.:rolleyes: