Search This thread

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Thank you to the CYANOGENMOD TEAM for this source and rom. I am doing this only because I feel since this is open source some of us should be able to help. So I figured with something like this we could help out the team if anyone knows the code and can submit it. This isn't some secret and its not against any rules. I am just making it easier to get people to help out the cm with code for bug fixes to get this phone compiling perfect for cyanogenmod. I will not modify any code, this is strictly all CM code and I will not modify any code. This is gingerbread from the cm repo. VERY VERY UNSTABLE!

On that note I will be updating this every so often when I think there is enough code to make a difference merged. Mainly for those who can't compile themselves will have a place to get a rom.

This is not made for just anyone. No one is to blame but you for what you do to your phone. I am just giving people the tools. I just wanted to let people know if they are fans of the CM team and know and want to help this is how you start off.

Make sure ADB is installed and its working. Also to pull all the needed proprietary files you might need a cm rom and stock rom just to flash really quick to pull these needed files later on in the how to. You would only need to pull them once.

This guide is for using Ubuntu Linux. Change out what you may need to for your own distro.

READ THIS BEFORE FLASHING!
THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED PREVIEW. DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT ON THIS BUILD YOU WILL BE LAUGHED AT AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Packages:

Note* If you are using ubuntu 10.10 then you will need to use this repo for the java download
Code:
add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com lucid partner"
Then you need to:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
32 and 64 bit systems:
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush
64 bit systems:
Code:
sudo apt-get install g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
Create the directory:
Code:
mkdir -p ~/android/system
Installing repo tool:
Code:
sudo bash
curl http://android.git.kernel.org/repo > /usr/bin/repo
chmod a+x /usr/bin/repo
exit
Initializing the CM repository:
Code:
cd ~/android/system/
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync
*Note this could take some time.

Copy the proprietary files:
This is where you need adb and the two roms to pull the needed files or else you will not be able to build! Make sure you have a stock sense rom, and a cyanogenmod rom. Connect the phone via usb then run the following. If you get errors. You would then need the other rom to flash and get the other files from. Its a pain but is necessary.
If you need help with adb here is something simple about it:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10070233&postcount=72

Code:
cd ~/android/system/device/htc/supersonic/
./extract-files.sh
Get RomManager
Code:
cd ~/android/system/vendor/cyanogen/
./get-rommanager
Configure the build finally:
Code:
cd ~/android/system
cp ./vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_supersonic.mk ./buildspec.mk
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch cyanogen_supersonic-eng
now we compile! Now what does this command mean? Check here for details!
Code:
make -j`grep 'processor' /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l` otapackage
Your zip should be here:
Code:
~/android/system/out/target/product/supersonic/update.cm-XXXXX-signed.zip
Pre-compiled CM7 RC0 Builds

Here you can download a build that I compiled and I will build one every so often so that people who can't compile can test out the latest builds. You will also find the gapps for gingerbread compiled and working thanks for echoside & barnacles10 for creating those gapps for us to use.

Mediafire folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nh5o11gz08f3z
Latest build is CM7RC0-20110115-supersonic-lithid.zip

You can find builds for the last 7 days in the "Old Builds" folder.
SCREENSHOTS

Gapps Updated 20110106!

YOU NEED TO DO A FULL WIPE TO FIX PREVIOUS GAPPS ISSUES!
Now with green icons!

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Change Log:

I sync once a day at the same time give or take an hour or two. Wanna see the last 24 hours? Check below.

Here are the changes in the last 24 hours. These are just the package groups that have changed. If you want more information please learn gerrit or follow @cmsrc. No one should do your homework unless your getting kanged for it.
Code:
Syncing it

... A new repo command ( 1.10) is available.
... You should upgrade soon:

cp /home/lithid/android/system/.repo/repo/repo /home/lithid/.sdk/tools/repo

Fetching projects:  48% (98/203)  From git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/external/qemu
   3fd4433..3bf6efc  tools_r9   -> korg/tools_r9
Fetching projects:  61% (124/203)  remote: Counting objects: 50, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (30/30), done.
remote: Total 30 (delta 20), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (30/30), done.
From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
   87b6d2d..7314c36  gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
Fetching projects:  67% (137/203)  remote: Counting objects: 131, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (63/63), done.
remote: Total 86 (delta 43), reused 22 (delta 11)
Unpacking objects: 100% (86/86), done.
From git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/libcore
   5bcbe1c..2891830  gingerbread -> korg/gingerbread
   27020e1..a16bf8b  master     -> korg/master
Fetching projects:  96% (195/203)  remote: Counting objects: 253, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (140/140), done.
remote: Total 182 (delta 100), reused 0 (delta 0)
Receiving objects: 100% (182/182), 22.72 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (100/100), completed with 35 local objects.
From git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/sdk
   b4e316b..42dd7c3  master     -> korg/master
   787c87b..36e3d64  tools_r9   -> korg/tools_r9
Fetching projects: 100% (203/203)  remote: Counting objects: 9, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
remote: Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (5/5), done.
From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen
   479e96d..cc0a549  gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
Fetching projects: 100% (203/203), done.  
Syncing work tree: 100% (202/202), done.
You can find this information here:
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z
http://pastebin.com/zb5Te4FP

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Known Issues:

- HDMI (of Course)
- 4G (not yet at least)
- Please be aware that the cm gapps don't work. Get the gingerbread gapps here Gapps
- Also the lockscreen animation is currently disabled by the cm team until they fix another issue. If that is an issue don't flash it then. I will only release what the cyanogen team has merged. Sorry. Enabled (Kanged)
-
Camcorder doesn't work.
- Camera is 3mp, no toggle to switch to front yet. Front cam works, and 8mp works as well!
- Mms download currently not working. Working now!
- Battery History in spare parts force closes. Works!
-
Some Leds don't work. Once at 90% charge green led comes on.
- Front cam seems to appear upside down for now... none the less works. just flip your phone! Works normally now.
- Gps is very iffy right now in early stages. I found out that the GPS works fine right when you boot up. Like within the first min or two. Then doesn't. Still looking into it.
-
Can't lock location on networks.

Myths:

- Bad Data Speeds
Some people have stated that the 3g isn't working as it should in the cm7 builds. Here are pics showing speed tests > http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10122575&postcount=360

Extras:
I updated the folder with some extras from CM6.1. Just incase someone was looking for the flash.

Kernels
Savage-Kernel
ZenDroid-Kernel
Updated Kernel for 0004 Hardware (Thanks to Cyanogen)

Last edited:

BlueHarford

Aug 11, 2010
Abingdon, MD
I dont think that zendroid has the new wifi drivers i think he went back a few vetsions... not sure

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you to the CYANOGENMOD TEAM for this source and rom. I am doing this only because I feel since this is open source some of us should be able to help. So I figured with something like this we could help out the team if anyone knows the code and can submit it. This isn't some secret and its not against any rules. I am just making it easier to get people to help out the cm with code for bug fixes to get this phone compiling perfect for cyanogenmod. I will not modify any code, this is strictly all CM code and I will not modify any code. This is gingerbread from the cm repo. VERY VERY UNSTABLE!

On that note I will be updating this every so often when I think there is enough code to make a difference merged. Mainly for those who can't compile themselves will have a place to get a rom.

This is not made for just anyone. No one is to blame but you for what you do to your phone. I am just giving people the tools. I just wanted to let people know if they are fans of the CM team and know and want to help this is how you start off.

Make sure ADB is installed and its working. Also to pull all the needed proprietary files you might need a cm rom and stock rom just to flash really quick to pull these needed files later on in the how to. You would only need to pull them once.

This guide is for using Ubuntu Linux. Change out what you may need to for your own distro.

READ THIS BEFORE FLASHING!
    THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED PREVIEW. DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT ON THIS BUILD YOU WILL BE LAUGHED AT AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Packages:

Note* If you are using ubuntu 10.10 then you will need to use this repo for the java download
    Code:
    add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com lucid partner"
    Then you need to:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    32 and 64 bit systems:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush
    64 bit systems:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
    Create the directory:
    Code:
    mkdir -p ~/android/system
    Installing repo tool:
    Code:
    sudo bash
    curl http://android.git.kernel.org/repo > /usr/bin/repo
    chmod a+x /usr/bin/repo
    exit
    Initializing the CM repository:
    Code:
    cd ~/android/system/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
    repo sync
    *Note this could take some time.

Copy the proprietary files:
    This is where you need adb and the two roms to pull the needed files or else you will not be able to build! Make sure you have a stock sense rom, and a cyanogenmod rom. Connect the phone via usb then run the following. If you get errors. You would then need the other rom to flash and get the other files from. Its a pain but is necessary.
    If you need help with adb here is something simple about it:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10070233&postcount=72

Code:
    cd ~/android/system/device/htc/supersonic/
    ./extract-files.sh
    Get RomManager
    Code:
    cd ~/android/system/vendor/cyanogen/
    ./get-rommanager
    Configure the build finally:
    Code:
    cd ~/android/system
    cp ./vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_supersonic.mk ./buildspec.mk
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cyanogen_supersonic-eng
    now we compile! Now what does this command mean? Check here for details!
    Code:
    make -j`grep 'processor' /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l` otapackage
    Your zip should be here:
    Code:
    ~/android/system/out/target/product/supersonic/update.cm-XXXXX-signed.zip
    Pre-compiled CM7 RC0 Builds

Here you can download a build that I compiled and I will build one every so often so that people who can't compile can test out the latest builds. You will also find the gapps for gingerbread compiled and working thanks for echoside & barnacles10 for creating those gapps for us to use.

Mediafire folder:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nh5o11gz08f3z
    Latest build is CM7RC0-20110115-supersonic-lithid.zip

You can find builds for the last 7 days in the "Old Builds" folder.
    SCREENSHOTS

Gapps Updated 20110106!

YOU NEED TO DO A FULL WIPE TO FIX PREVIOUS GAPPS ISSUES!
    Now with green icons!
    Change Log:

I sync once a day at the same time give or take an hour or two. Wanna see the last 24 hours? Check below.

Here are the changes in the last 24 hours. These are just the package groups that have changed. If you want more information please learn gerrit or follow @cmsrc. No one should do your homework unless your getting kanged for it.
    Code:
    Syncing it

... A new repo command ( 1.10) is available.
    ... You should upgrade soon:

cp /home/lithid/android/system/.repo/repo/repo /home/lithid/.sdk/tools/repo

Fetching projects:  48% (98/203)  From git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/external/qemu
       3fd4433..3bf6efc  tools_r9   -> korg/tools_r9
    Fetching projects:  61% (124/203)  remote: Counting objects: 50, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (30/30), done.
    remote: Total 30 (delta 20), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Unpacking objects: 100% (30/30), done.
    From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base
       87b6d2d..7314c36  gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
    Fetching projects:  67% (137/203)  remote: Counting objects: 131, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (63/63), done.
    remote: Total 86 (delta 43), reused 22 (delta 11)
    Unpacking objects: 100% (86/86), done.
    From git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/libcore
       5bcbe1c..2891830  gingerbread -> korg/gingerbread
       27020e1..a16bf8b  master     -> korg/master
    Fetching projects:  96% (195/203)  remote: Counting objects: 253, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (140/140), done.
    remote: Total 182 (delta 100), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Receiving objects: 100% (182/182), 22.72 KiB, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (100/100), completed with 35 local objects.
    From git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/sdk
       b4e316b..42dd7c3  master     -> korg/master
       787c87b..36e3d64  tools_r9   -> korg/tools_r9
    Fetching projects: 100% (203/203)  remote: Counting objects: 9, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
    remote: Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Unpacking objects: 100% (5/5), done.
    From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen
       479e96d..cc0a549  gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
    Fetching projects: 100% (203/203), done.  
    Syncing work tree: 100% (202/202), done.
    You can find this information here:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z
    http://pastebin.com/zb5Te4FP
    Known Issues:

- HDMI (of Course)
    - 4G (not yet at least)
    - Please be aware that the cm gapps don't work. Get the gingerbread gapps here Gapps
    - Also the lockscreen animation is currently disabled by the cm team until they fix another issue. If that is an issue don't flash it then. I will only release what the cyanogen team has merged. Sorry. Enabled (Kanged)
    -
    Camcorder doesn't work.
    - Camera is 3mp, no toggle to switch to front yet. Front cam works, and 8mp works as well!
    - Mms download currently not working. Working now!
    - Battery History in spare parts force closes. Works!
    -
    Some Leds don't work. Once at 90% charge green led comes on.
    - Front cam seems to appear upside down for now... none the less works. just flip your phone! Works normally now.
    - Gps is very iffy right now in early stages. I found out that the GPS works fine right when you boot up. Like within the first min or two. Then doesn't. Still looking into it.
    -
    Can't lock location on networks.

Myths:

- Bad Data Speeds
    Some people have stated that the 3g isn't working as it should in the cm7 builds. Here are pics showing speed tests > http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10122575&postcount=360

Extras:
    I updated the folder with some extras from CM6.1. Just incase someone was looking for the flash.

Kernels
    Savage-Kernel
    ZenDroid-Kernel
    Updated Kernel for 0004 Hardware (Thanks to Cyanogen)
    Camcorder fixes just went in to the repo, no 720P yet because the way it works on qsd8k phones is a GIANT MIND-DESTROYING HACK and I'm not sure how to wedge it into Stagefright yet. OpenCORE had better support for esoteric OpenMAX features like "movable buffers", which is what we need for 8K 720P. Regardless, it's a decent framerate on H264 at 720x480 with AAC audio encoding. I put a lot of time into figuring out how this new stuff works and it's still a WIP. We'll have 720P soon but my brain needs a break :eek:

I've got some camera patches queued to fix invalid parameters on the FFC, but need verified on Glacier first and it's late :) The rest of the CM-camera features will go in soon like touch-to-focus, camcorder zoom, and brightness/saturation/contrast controls. I'm doing it a little more cautiously this time because the camera code is subtle and easily angered (read- breaks other phones like Droid and NS if done wrong). The FFC is no longer upside down anymore too!

Qik FFC isn't working yet. I'll tackle that after some sleep.

Thanks lithid for keeping this moving, and everyone else for being guinea pigs during this rapid-development iteration. We should have buildbot spewing out nightlies in a couple of days and maybe a beta version so we can collect bug reports. There aren't really any major showstoppers that directly affect Evo, just features we haven't yet self-kanged from CM6.

Also- we'll be bumping the kernel up to 2.6.37 very soon (already using it on N1 and Bravo). Toast is on the case. It's super smooth on my N1.
    Not to be a pest or ask too much about OTA's, but it has been 3 weeks now since 4g on cm was supposedly cracked. Can we have some expectation of ever seeing anything on that? Really 4g and HDMI out and this rom would be set.

Mitchell's EVO
    Not sure, some douche got the thread closed

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App