[RUU] EVO 4G LTE 4.3 + Sense 5 MR update - Software Version: 4.13.651.3

Search This thread

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
You don't get stuck...it just doesn't do anything. So there is nothing to get stuck on...lol

I'm almost to the point of wiping my entire PC and doing a fresh install of win7. It doesn't make any sense the 3.17 ruu runs just fine!
?

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

Yea, i meant stuck for nothing...Im gonna do a fresh win 7 install on a spare hard drive...ill post results...

Reactions: gunfromsako

celticking

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles
No idea what's wrong here. I'm on an old version of twrp.

Downloaded the ruu, plugged the phone in, and get error 158. Claims it's not the correct ruu.

Even downloaded an old ruu to roll it back to stock. Nothing. Win 7 here.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
No idea what's wrong here. I'm on an old version of twrp.

Downloaded the ruu, plugged the phone in, and get error 158. Claims it's not the correct ruu.

Even downloaded an old ruu to roll it back to stock. Nothing. Win 7 here.

Sent from my SPH-L900
If your bootloader is unlocked, you have to relock it first for this to flash.

Reactions: celticking

Hi5josh

Dec 11, 2010
Saint Louis
Hey Captain, can you make a separate thread dedicated to explaining the status of the device. I mean like explaining how the storage partition conflicts with older ROMs, and why the standard users should or should not update right now. I know you have two ROMs built from source that support the partition tables. The thing holding me back is knowing I can't go back to legacy ROMs. I was wondering if you or any other devs have looked into the possibility of decompiling the RUU, allowing for the 'Stock' ROM to have the older partition table, making it possible to simply flash, and revert back if need be. Last but not least a possibility of updating everything else from the RUU such as HBOOT, radios, etc. Sorry, I'm not a dev, I'm just wondering about these things since the OG EVO seemed to be straight forward like this. I know we should be thankful that HTC even gave us this. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
Hey Captain, can you make a separate thread dedicated to explaining the status of the device. I mean like explaining how the storage partition conflicts with older ROMs, and why the standard users should or should not update right now. I know you have two ROMs built from source that support the partition tables. The thing holding me back is knowing I can't go back to legacy ROMs. I was wondering if you or any other devs have looked into the possibility of decompiling the RUU, allowing for the 'Stock' ROM to have the older partition table, making it possible to simply flash, and revert back if need be. Last but not least a possibility of updating everything else from the RUU such as HBOOT, radios, etc. Sorry, I'm not a dev, I'm just wondering about these things since the OG EVO seemed to be straight forward like this. I know we should be thankful that HTC even gave us this. Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Look in his rom thread.,....its all explained there in detail

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

Reactions: Hi5josh

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Well fact HTC still lists this phone in the integration phase kinda is worrisome to depend on their software site to be up to date with status of devices.....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Raun14

Dec 29, 2013
So do I follow the same method to root the Evo? I'm s-on and locked and I updated the evo to sense 5 Android 4.4

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
To those experiencing issues with the RUU not recognizing your device, flash stock ROM then connect USB with debugging enabled. Make sure HTC Sync is installed, running, and it detects the phone. If it does, then you're all good and the RUU should work just fine now. Thanks to Jamie for helping me out with this.

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
To those experiencing issues with the RUU not recognizing your device, flash stock ROM then connect USB with debugging enabled. Make sure HTC Sync is installed, running, and it detects the phone. If it does, then you're all good and the RUU should work just fine now. Thanks to Jamie for helping me out with this.

Stock Rom is loaded, USB debugging is enabled, ADB and FASTBOOT BOTH work fine, HTC SYNC is installed and up to date, ALL Drivers are installed and im not good to go...LOL However i cant even get to the screen to detect my device...smh

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Stock Rom is loaded, USB debugging is enabled, ADB and FASTBOOT BOTH work fine, HTC SYNC is installed and up to date, ALL Drivers are installed and im not good to go...LOL However i cant even get to the screen to detect my device...smh
Did you already try what I suggested?

Hint: see Post #68

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
No. My recommendation is that everyone S-OFF and update.

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
Did you already try what I suggested?

Hint: see Post #68

Yes I did... however i dont think anything is getting extracted as the newest files in my temp folder are from last night and i just tried to run it 10 mins ago. I know i can flash your rom zip from dev host and all the firmware but i would like to figure this out just for my sanity. I dont even use my evo for my daily device so its not that big of a deal but when i cant get something working it just irks me...lol. If you check my screen shot from post #53 that is as far as it runs. After the setup screen it just crashes and i can run the 3.17 RUU and it goes through the whole process.

Edit: I'm updating win7 at the moment we'll see if this helps. ?

Last edited:

xhaui

Mar 17, 2011
Farmington, NY
Yes I did... however i dont think anything is getting extracted as the newest files in my temp folder are from last night and i just tried to run it 10 mins ago. I know i can flash your rom zip from dev host and all the firmware but i would like to figure this out just for my sanity. I dont even use my evo for my daily device so its not that big of a deal but when i cant get something working it just irks me...lol. If you check my screen shot from post #53 that is as far as it runs. After the setup screen it just crashes and i can run the 3.17 RUU and it goes through the whole process.

Edit: I'm updating win7 at the moment we'll see if this helps. ?

Do you have another windows 7 machine available? The RUU wouldn't work on my desktop but when I threw it on a flash drive and ran it from my laptop it worked just fine.

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
Do you have another windows 7 machine available? The RUU wouldn't work on my desktop but when I threw it on a flash drive and ran it from my laptop it worked just fine.

Unfortunately I do not...I'm in the process of doing some serious PC cleaning and then I may just install a fresh win7 on my 2nd HDD. Updating did not help either it still just runs the setup screen and then crashes...

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From Mo Versi w/HTC:

Thank you for your support on HTC EVO 4G LTE 4.3 + Sense 5MR update. Below is the link for the final software release that includes support on Win8. Please note the following as this is an RUU update (side load):
    It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by installing this software may be covered under warranty.*Please understand that you will not be able to return your device to the original state or earlier software, and going forward your device may not be held covered under the warranty for all claims resulting from installing this software. HTC bears no responsibility if your device is no longer usable afterwards. We strongly suggest that you do not install this software unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved and the potential consequences both to your device and to your warranty.
    In order to install the SW, double click the RUU file with your device connected to the PC. The upgrade process will take approximately 20 minutes. Please do not unplug the device from the PC.
    Download link here
    Thanks,
    Mo

----------------------

EDIT: The official link has been taken down. If you would still like to download the RUU anyway, I have uploaded it here and here.

NOTE: For those having issues updating via the RUU (drivers, Windows 8.1, etc), see this post for an alternative install method.

NOTE 2: There is an updated RUU (4.13.651.4) which was released to some testers from HTC. The update fixes the data roaming issue. It hasn't been released officially, but there is a download link for it here and a mirror here.
    For those having RUU install issues....

For those of you having trouble getting the RUU to run correctly, follow the following steps to run in Bootloader instead.....I just followed Captain_Throwbacks instructions from this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50487437&postcount=3

You must have a way to access your Micro SD Card from your PC so you can transfer and delete files from it.
    Of course make sure all your data is BACKED UP!!!

1. Download both files to your PC....
    2. Rename PJ75IMG1.zip to PJ75IMG.zip and place on root of SD Card.
    3. Reboot phone to Bootloader Menu and run .zip file and let it do its thing....
    4. After file is done, remove Micro-SD Card and delete PJ75IMG.zip and replace with PJ75IMG2.zip making sure to rename it to PJ75IMG.zip again.
    5. Place Miro-SD Card back into phone and reboot while holding Volume Key down for Bootloader Menu.
    6. Run .zip and let it finish (this part takes a bit of time to complete).
    7. Reboot phone into a fresh install of Sense 5 Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.3

Enjoy.....
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/kJ0hyseJba/PJ75IMG1.html
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/XFtJmjlqba/PJ75IMG2.html
    Can anyone using this RUU comment on if their bootloader is still unlocked after?

Still on hboot 1.12.2222 (I think) and can probably figure out flashing supersu through TWRP after I flash TWRP.

Captain, can you link your thread? I've only used your zips for flashing firmware bits, radios, etc.

Thank you,
    Skid
    My bootloader stayed unlocked the entire time. My thread is in OG Dev. If you flash the RUU, you'll only need a recovery.
    Interesting, I don't think I've ever seen an official update that voided your warranty before.
    Will my phone stay S-off after taking this RUU?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
    Yes.