ICS here: (more to come) (no bugs)

Search This thread

nim.whit

Sep 21, 2011
I'm donating some after school :) not much yet pay day is next week xD but ics on the infuse o.o i would keep it another year. If it doesn't get out by summer them i will have hopped shops to the note community

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

bzo

Jul 17, 2007
Is it ok if you work with another guy? Quarx is first in line as to get a device, and you may be second. Thanks for being honest off the bat, makes things easier. Right noe theres two options: 1 a donated device with broken glass (quarx wants) or 2 for 100 dollars but bedwas phone, in perfect shape and ready for trouble lol. If another person can donate another full device, ill let you know.

since jt1134 is willing to work with a loan, maybe Optimus-Prime's offer could work out?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23742818&postcount=18

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
Stop donating! (for now) Not necessary at the moment.
Hello, I am very excited to open this post. If you donate, you can help this fellow get an infuse. He has successfully ported ICS to the defy, with just an old kernel! The defy was an abandoned phone like us, deeming to never get an update. It was locked up in every way possible, with bootloaders and little sources available. Thanks to his work, the defy has gotten ICS. Now, if your so kind and want ICS on this phone badly, donate to him: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=513620 . He is interested in this phone, so do not worry if you donate. If you can, please post how much money you donated down below. I can then maybe keep the money made updated. This is legit, the dev is Quarx. Look him up on the defy forums, he is there and working hard.
GOAL: $100 DOLLARS! SO FAR 42. BEDWA IS SELLING HIS, JUST NEED 100.

Don´t steal our developer! hahaha just kidding! Quarks is awesome, has made GREAT WORK ON DEFY...first in Gingerbread, and now with ICS! :D Thanks Quarks!

DangKid

Jun 22, 2011
Maybe we can start up a bounty for ics on the infuse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

theROMinator

Nov 23, 2010
once the goal has been reached this thread should be closed to avoid misconceptions.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
One for quarx, need one for jt. Jt needs to give my his paypal, only way is if someone loans him one. Ill talk to bedwa about it, I may buy it and lend it out or he could.

xIC-MACIx

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
So did Quarx get Optimus' Infuse? I think getting Jt an Infuse is rather necessary since he has had experience with our boards.

Ryan you've got a PM sir

theROMinator

Nov 23, 2010
I'm more than happy to loan my Infuse to jt as I remember the trailblazing he did with the Fascinate. Get me the addy and it'll be out by week's end.

Sent from yet ANOTHER Phone.... (MB860/Olympus)

Bedwa, please pm jt :), I highly doubt he'd be lurking this post.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

xIC-MACIx

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm more than happy to loan my Infuse to jt as I remember the trailblazing he did with the Fascinate. Get me the addy and it'll be out by week's end.

Sent from yet ANOTHER Phone.... (MB860/Olympus)

Saves me the headache of tryin to get mine out to Jt, left the damn thing in Dallas during spring break lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    preview

Here's a preview build now that my source tree is mostly sorted out: http://www.mediafire.com/?1nhagihfoqqpkf3

To flash, you must first flash this recovery: http://www.mediafire.com/?2000k5y512spft4

Then boot into recovery, wipe data/cache, go to mounts and storage and format system, then flash the rom. Gapps are here: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip . You'll probably have to mount system manually under mounts and storage before flashing gapps.

I've only tested this using gingerbread bootloaders, no idea if it works using froyo bootloaders. If you don't want to deal with the caveats of gb bootloaders, then well, fix it yourself.

what works:
    radio (calls/sms/data)
    touchscreen
    audio
    wifi
    sensors
    hw acceleration
    software and hardware video decoding
    data usage monitor (for wifi at least)

what doesn't work:
    camera/camcorder
    bluetooth

anything else is either broken or completely untested.
    Fixed since preview build:

external sdcard mounting
    USB mass storage (both internal and external)
    Camera and camcorder (front and rear cameras)

on to bluetooth and gps...then a real release :D
    oh the lulzy memories...

dman3285 said:
    Then you don't know much bruh...

lol

dman3285 said:
    The four devices I built aosp ics for... Not ports... Prove you wrong.. Period... I was building roms since the original.... But there's always some dew who thinks they know it all.... But this I know about.... I have a build for this device.. No kernel because our kernel is so hard to develop for....and when you port ics... What do u use as proprietary files? That's right... Gingerbread files... This is like talking to a wall... You have fun porting...

lol again. build date on my current kernel is March 11. I built it before I had the device in hand ;) and yes, I had fun porting, thanks :)

dman3285 said:
    Nonsense....have you built it... do you even understand what your saying??? I HAVE built it... all that technical mumbo means 0... bottom line...I've done it...3 now 4 other devs have also done it...

thrice the lols...yes, I have built it :) here's a video for all the kiddies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2EE9ct-Wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player (crappy quality, but you get the gist ;))

herp derp good nite
    Going to start working this weekend on some love for us "typical XDA'ers". I got some learning to do.

Thanks for all who are paving the way.
    So after "brunch infuse4g", what next?

You should have a flashable zip.

Oh... See attached... (specific location censored...)

Got a line on Bluetooth from LB too.