[2/9/12] Updated All in One Noob Guide For Downgrade and S Off

Was this guide good?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Epic.

May 11, 2012
Hey guys, I have had a lot of requests for how to S Off and Downgrade HBOOT etc.
So here it is! The most easy guide! Read the key first! Also if you are on a custom rom, it will be deleted but then you can install it after this process.
Update: I have updated the Downgrade Toolkit thanks to nonverbose :)
People who have already completed my guide WILL NOT have to do it again. Also I cant promise that phones shipped with ICS and Sense 3.6 will be compatible with this guide!

Key:
If you have HBOOT 1.13.0000, S On = Follow from Section 3 but if you already have Root Access skip Steps from 13 and onwards

If you have HBOOT 1.16.0000, or HBOOT 2.00 S On= Start from the top

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device! But if you follow word to word, nothing will happen! :)

*Note if you haven't, install HTC Sync for the drivers then uninstall before doing anything!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Section 1
1. Make a new folder on desktop called 'Downgrade'
2. Download this: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1254644&stc=1&d=1344674749
3. Make a new folder in 'Downgrade' called 'Downgrade Kit'
4. Extract the download into 'Downgrade Kit'
5. Now you should have a folder called 'Downgrade' on your desktop, inside that should be another folder called 'Downgrade Kit', inside that there should be a folder called 'files' and a program called 'runme.cmd'.
6. Make a new folder inside 'Downgrade' called 'RUU'
7. Download this and save it to folder 'RUU': http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0a...5AU_3805.06.03.03_M_release_199308_signed.exe
8. Connect phone to computer, and choose ‘Charge Only’ not ‘Disk Drive’. Enable USB Debugging, and disable Fastboot (If you don’t know how to, ask Dr. Google)
9. Open runme.cmd, it will ask questions! Answer according to your phone not mine! The questions are (If I can remember) i) Do you have root? I answered n. ii) Have you unlocked through htcdev.com? I answered no. iii) Do you want to create a goldcard? I answered y
10. After it successfully completes (if it doesn’t post below) run the RUU in the RUU folder (Remember it erases all data so if you need to, backup everything) , it will take around 10 mins. BE PATIENT!
11. After it installs check if your HBOOT has been downgraded! It should be 1.13.0000!
Section 2
1. Go to (revolutionary.io) and scroll down to hit ‘Downloads for Windows’ (But keep the website open)
2. Download and extract the .zip to a folder
3.Fill in the boxes for the beta key (on the revolutionary website)
You should fill it out like this
Your Operating System: Windows/Linux (Depending on yours)
Your Device: HTC Incredible S
HBOOT Version: 1.13.0000
Serial Number: (Your serial number)
4. Copy and paste that beta key into a notepad file and save it to the desktop! Beware copy and recheck if it matches
5. Connect phone, choose ‘Charge Only’, enable USB Debugging and disable Fastboot
6. Run revolutionary.exe
7. When it asks you to input beta key, do it!
8. When it asks you whether you want to flash Clockwork Mod Recovery, type y
9. Once it is done, the cmd will close
10. Confirm that you have S – Off in the bootloader!
11. So far so good!
12. Reboot into bootloader if you are not and then open up recovery, it should go to Clockwork Mod Recovery
13. While phone is in Clockwork Mod, connect phone to computer
14. Select Mounts and Storage by using the volume buttons to move and power to select.
15. Then select mount sdcard (the sd card directory should pop up on your computer screen)
16. Download the root .zip file and save it to your computer (do NOT extract it) (http://d-h.st/yzV)
17. Copy the root .zip file to the root of your sdcard and wait for it to transfer (not in any folders, just on the sd card itself).
18. On your device, select unmount sdcard.
19. On your device, select go back.
20. Then select Install zip from sdcard and choose the root .zip file.
21. Wait for it to flash, once done, select reboot system now.
22. Once your device reboots, open the app drawer and you should see Superuser permissions there. If so, you are all set, you are rooted, have S-Off and a custom recovery image.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Thanks if I helped you and if you want a guide to update radio, ask below!

Credits:
Samer_D for A massive help
Poongdog/Markj338
Nonverbose
Tpblake
Nikhilmmus007

Last edited:

owendesira

Aug 1, 2011
What about hboot 2.00? Just like 1.16?

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

Epic.

May 11, 2012
Guys if u hv hboot 2.00 start from the top and no it doesn't wipe ad card

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

naathaanb96

Apr 10, 2012
Melbourne
Guys if u hv hboot 2.00 start from the top and no it doesn't wipe ad card

Do I need the gold card ?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

during the runme process. my hboot said relocked security warning ? am i ****ed ?

sharkman3d

Apr 12, 2011
no you aint just click on the RUU and iff you see 2.00 on that and it upgrading to 2.30 or somthing like that then it should worked this is what i thought

naathaanb96

Apr 10, 2012
Melbourne
no you aint just click on the RUU and iff you see 2.00 on that and it upgrading to 2.30 or somthing like that then it should worked this is what i thought

yeah it was just a scare , ruu just completed and my hboot is downgraded :D:D:D now to to the section 2

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Hey guys, I have had a lot of requests for how to S Off and Downgrade HBOOT etc.
So here it is! The most easy guide! Read the key first! Also if you are on a custom rom, it will be deleted but then you can install it after this process
Key:
If you have HBOOT 1.13.0000, S On = Follow from Section 3 but if you already have Root Access skip Steps from 13 and onwards

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device! But if you follow word to word, nothing will happen! :)

*Note if you haven't, install HTC Sync for the drivers then uninstall before doing anything!
Section 1
2. Download this: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1121595&d=1339391278
5. Now you should have a folder called 'Downgrade' on your desktop, inside that should be another folder called 'Downgrade Kit', inside that there should be a folder called 'files' and a program called 'runme.cmd'.
7. Download this and save it to folder 'RUU': http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0a...5AU_3805.06.03.03_M_release_199308_signed.exe
8. Connect phone to computer, and choose ‘Charge Only’ not ‘Disk Drive’. Enable USB Debugging, and disable Fastboot (If you don’t know how to, ask Dr. Google)
9. Open runme.cmd, it will ask questions! Answer according to your phone not mine! The questions are (If I can remember) i) Do you have root? I answered n. ii) Have you unlocked through htcdev.com? I answered no. iii) Do you want to create a goldcard? I answered y
10. After it successfully completes (if it doesn’t post below) run the RUU in the RUU folder (Remember it erases all data so if you need to, backup everything) , it will take around 10 mins. BE PATIENT!
11. After it installs check if your HBOOT has been downgraded! It should be 1.13.0000!
Section 2
1. Go to (revolutionary.io) and scroll down to hit ‘Downloads for Windows’ (But keep the website open)
4. Copy and paste that beta key into a notepad file and save it to the desktop! Beware copy and recheck if it matches
5. Connect phone, choose ‘Charge Only’, enable USB Debugging and disable Fastboot
6. Run revolutionary.exe
11. So far so good!
12. Reboot into bootloader if you are not and then open up recovery, it should go to Clockwork Mod Recovery
14. Select Mounts and Storage by using the volume buttons to move and power to select.
15. Then select mount sdcard (the sd card directory should pop up on your computer screen)
16. Download the root .zip file and save it to your computer (do NOT extract it) (http://d-h.st/yzV)
17. Copy the root .zip file to the root of your sdcard and wait for it to transfer (not in any folders, just on the sd card itself).
22. Once your device reboots, open the app drawer and you should see Superuser permissions there. If so, you are all set, you are rooted, have S-Off and a custom recovery image.
Click Thanks if I helped you and if you want a guide to update radio, ask below!

thanks bro :D this guide is the best, im downgraded and s off :) , 2 quick things. should i install blackrose for future roms? and on the guide for root.zip when it says mount sd card. i think you were ment to write mount usb storage

zukri90

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Noobie question! Will my radio change?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here it is! The most easy guide! Read the key first! Also if you are on a custom rom, it will be deleted but then you can install it after this process.
    Update: I have updated the Downgrade Toolkit thanks to nonverbose :)
    People who have already completed my guide WILL NOT have to do it again. Also I cant promise that phones shipped with ICS and Sense 3.6 will be compatible with this guide!

Key:

Section 1
    2. Download this: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1254644&stc=1&d=1344674749
    Section 2
    6. Run revolutionary.exe
    11. So far so good!

Credits:
    Samer_D for A massive help
    Poongdog/Markj338
    Nonverbose
    Tpblake
    Nikhilmmus007
    Section 1

2. Download this: http://xdaforums.com/atta...1&d=1343393270

That download is not working? No file found?

i might still have the file hang on mate

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Section 1

2. Download this: http://xdaforums.com/atta...1&d=1343393270

That download is not working? No file found?

here :)
    http://d-h.st/7Vm
    The link in section1, step 2 isn't working, I see that there is a mirror for step 7 link with the RRU but not for step 2

Here is the link for step 2:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1373697