[App][2.1+] ArmAmp - audio player, all formats, popular playlists, effects, …

Search This thread

Srahman

Jun 27, 2012
Dibrugarh, Assam
Which attachment to download

ArmAmp is an audio player designed to be as easy to use as a desktop application. Features include:
- plays basically all audio formats (decoded by ffmpeg)
- reads playlists: m3u, ram, pls, xspf, asx
- built-in file browser
- gapless playback
- replay gain
- really configurable 10–band equalizer
- preamp, postamp
- balance
- configurable reverb
- speed
- pitch
- tempo
- headset button support
- last.fm: scrobbling, ban/love track (not fully tested on 2.1)
- bookmarks
- sorting by file name or by tags or manual

It's not finished yet, however unless you want to crash it (for example by entering enormous equalizer gain) there should be no problems. But because of possibility of deliberately crashing the app and planned UI enhancements there is no official release yet. The app can be downloaded from:
https://sites.google.com/site/armampreleases/home/ArmAmp-arm.apk?attredirects=0&d=1 (for arm CPU)
https://sites.google.com/site/armampreleases/home/ArmAmp-x86.apk?attredirects=0&d=1 (for x86 CPU)
https://sites.google.com/site/armampreleases/home/ArmAmp-mips.apk?attredirects=0&d=1 (for mips CPU)

I am using HTC Incredible S running ARHD v 5.3 ROM...which attachment should I download???:confused:

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
This player replaced PowerAmp as my default music player. No more downloading trials:)

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
Update uploaded. Not many immediately visible changes but a lot of small problems was fixed (mostly in UI). Still beta but a lot less beta. Also:
- added option to wrap long lines in playlist - this make song description fully visible
- playlist is saved after switching to other app
- gapless mp3 and pitch can be used at the same time

noflegrapor

Mar 24, 2011
Library not staying populated

Is anyone else having a problem where, after restart of your device, the ArmAmp library is cleared and you need to re-add folders? This player would be perfect if not for this small bug. Let me know if I can provide any additional info.

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
Is anyone else having a problem where, after restart of your device, the ArmAmp library is cleared and you need to re-add folders? This player would be perfect if not for this small bug. Let me know if I can provide any additional info.
I assume by ArmAmp library you mean current playlist.
In first versions saving playlist was only partially implemented. It was changed in last release 3 days ago so this update may solve your problem. But it is still possible that playlist won't be saved if option "Always show in status bar" is checked. That will be changed in next release. However unless requested I won't be saving playlist if:
- song is playing - that may cause playback problems on slow devices
- ArmAmp window is shown - I assume that soon playlist may be changed and I dont want to do too many writing - again this may case problems on slow devices.
If you don't want to wait until next release your current options are:
- exit ArmAmp if it is not playing using Menu -> Exit (before exiting current playlist will be saved)
- save whole playlist as a bookmark (there can be any number of different playlists saved that way)
- disable "Always show in status bar" option (current playlist will be saved allways if song is not playling and ArmAmp window isn't shown)

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
Update uploaded. Changes:
- added samba support
- added lyrics viewer
- widget can be shown on lockscreen (4.2+)
- current playlist is saved more often
- fixed memory leak in http playback

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
New version uploaded. The only change is a fix for a problem with http playback introduced in previous version. Anyone who doesn't listen to icecast streams most likely doesn't need to update.

20degrees

Oct 11, 2012
So can this play shout cast streams? If so, will there be a way to search for genre or something in the future?

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
So can this play shout cast streams?
Yes, it will play shoutcast stream, it will display stream info, it will extract artist and track from stream making displaying lyrics of current song easy.
The easiest way to add shoutcast stream to the playlist is simply click on the browser's link (from shoutcast.com or broadcaster site). By default it will replace current playlist but it can be changed in settings. And favorite streams can be bookmarked so next time browser won't be necessary.

If so, will there be a way to search for genre or something in the future?
I don't know. I'v been looking for a while how to do this and the only option I'v found is to become shoutcast partner. I don't know yet what it means and if they will agree.

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
- automatic tag's encoding detection
- correct sorting for non english languages
- small ui enhancements
- fixed some rare crashes, for example when playing mp4 video files (the player can't show wideo, but it can play audio from video files)
- finished code responsible for error detection (mostly added checks for malloc failures) - now it will be hard to break anything even if someone really tries

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
Next update will be available on google play. Before that release I'd like to set app's user id. I't is not necessary and possibly never will be, but if I don't do this now I won't be able to this later if I find some reason to set user id.
For existing users changing user id means that they will have to uninstall beta version before installing a new one. This also means that all settings (for example bookmarks, effects settings, samba servers) will be lost. On rooted devices those settings can be manually backed up and restored after installing new version.

My question: will that change cause any problem for anyone?

sdotmouse

Oct 12, 2011
Derby
Not for me. You've done a great job with this app in my opinion. Was using DeadBeef for over a year, but been on this since I found it.

Sent from my LT26i

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Next update will be available on google play. Before that release I'd like to set app's user id. I't is not necessary and possibly never will be, but if I don't do this now I won't be able to this later if I find some reason to set user id.
For existing users changing user id means that they will have to uninstall beta version before installing a new one. This also means that all settings (for example bookmarks, effects settings, samba servers) will be lost. On rooted devices those settings can be manually backed up and restored after installing new version.

My question: will that change cause any problem for anyone?

I would like request you that please make it available as an APK in this thread also as you did earlier in the case of Beta versions.The Playstore is sometimes somewhat cooking up.So please consider my request.It will be helpful to others who are following this thread also.Thanking you again for your good effort....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ArmAmp is an audio player designed to be as easy to use as a desktop application.

Features include:
    * Uses FFmpeg for decoding, meaning that it supports almost all audio file formats including mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, real audio (*.ra), windows media audio (*.wma), monkey's audio (*.ape), musepack (*.mpc) and many more.
    * Reads playlists: m3u, ram, pls, xspf, asx.
    * Plays local files, files shared over Samba, and any web stream including Shoutcast radio stations.
    * Built-in file browser with:
    - access to audio files on local storage,
    - access to audio files on Samba servers,
    - bookmarks for easy access to often used folders.
    * Gapless playback:
    - for audio formats that natively support gapless playback,
    - for mp3 option to remove silence.
    * Replay gain.
    * 10–band equalizer with ability to set exact frequency, width and gain for every band.
    * Preamp, postamp.
    * Balance.
    * Reverb - 5 different parameters can be used to set preferred sound.
    * Speed effect.
    * Pitch effect.
    * Tempo effect.
    * Fade in and fade out with configurable time.
    * Can be controlled using:
    - main window,
    - headset and other media buttons (supported actions: play, pause, stop, next, previous),
    - buttons in notification area,
    - widget (on Android 4.2+ can be placed on lockscreen).
    * Last.fm:
    - built-in scrobbling (no separate scrobbling app is necessary),
    - love track,
    - ban track.
    * Displays lyrics using LyricWiki.
    * Displays Shoutcast/Icecast stream information.
    * Bookmarks - single song or whole playlist can be bookmarked.
    * Playlist sorting:
    - by file name,
    - by tags,
    - easy manual control.
    * Automatic playlists containing favorites or random songs.
    * Shuffle - as long as it's possible it will not repeat songs. Also whole playlist can be randomized with similar effect.
    * Tags viewer with automatic encoding detection.
    * Supports devices with ARM, x86 or MIPS processors.

Download link:
    Beta version must be uninstalled before installing this one.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.armamp

Ad remover (free only for XDA forum members):
    https://sites.google.com/site/sdpowiupowmxoaj/home/NoAds.apk?attredirects=0&d=1

1.png

2.png
    Hello, can you add a sleep timer function? Set the hour and the minute and after this time the app stops to play and remember the file and time. So i can add a big library (audio book) for sleeping.
    Done. And it took me only a little longer than a year.
    Other changes:
    - added shortcuts to common folders
    - file selection available also from the menu
    - improved compatibility with android 5.0
    - minor widget changes
    - updated dropbox library
    - workarounds for few android bugs

Now in a dialog opened from browser's menu: Folders hopefully SD card folder will be displayed. But in android it's pretty much guessing so if for someone it isn't displayed, please show me the content of /proc/mounts file.
    - added WebDAV filesystem
    - added playback over https
    - added playback of http streams with multiple redirections
    - track description can be configured
    - widget can be configured
    - notification panel can be configured
    - easier folder selection
    - added an option to play a track after short touch on a playlist
    - additional sort option
    - better integration with android
    - better error reporting for SkyDrive and Google Drive
    - workaround for android bug that may cause rare crashes
    - fixed UI bug in filesystem dialog
    - progress is correctly refreshed in android 4.4
    - added audiobook mode (for bookmarks and on exit)
    - automatic resampling if sampling rate is not supported by device
    - added ability to set exact values for pitch, speed and tempo
    - with speed/tempo enabled file time not play time is shown
    - fixed cue playlists referencing multiple files
    - better handling of not responding remote hosts
    - remove won't reset paused position
    Update uploaded. Changes since the last official version:
    - added Exit button in notification panel (android >= 4.0, by default disabled)
    - changed behavior of Previous button in shuffle mode
    - network timeouts can be configured
    - improved compatibility with android 6
    - current version of BBM can read currently playing song
    - m3u8 playlist are always read using UTF8 encoding
    - updated LyricWiki API calls
    - connection with Dropbox always via SSL
    - minor UI changes

Additionally, not official, and not really working very well, there is support for some youtube links (audio only). I've not tested it a lot, but it looks like most music only videos don't work and most others work.