[Android 2.2+] MissedIt! -Text-based notifications for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Do you own a Peeble smartwatch?

• Yes, I already own it!

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • No, but I'm planning to buy one.

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, and I'm not interested.

Votes: 62 68.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Tirozz

Jul 9, 2011
Just now send you ons! It only happens when I have Wifi disabled... Weird!

Could be related to something else, 2 other apps also have issues without wifi..

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

EH15

Sep 30, 2010
Well, seems that with the latest version of Gmail Google has finally implemented a public API to allow third party apps to retrieve unread counters, so my previous post has become a bit outdated now, as I'm working to make use of this new API.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Will the new version you're working on be like how the widget use to be (before Google decided to change their Gmail app)?

nachomagic

Jun 15, 2010
Can you please describe those FCs?

Hi

I know that this is an English Forum but igece and me are spanish and my English is not very good so I will anwer him in Spanish.

Hola

Los FC no son muy descriptivos, simplemente el teléfono se queda como congelado y al rato aparece el mensaje Missetit se ha tenido que cerrar.
Pensé que era por el widget que tenía en la pantalla del Widgetlocker así que lo quité, pero aún así ha seguido pasando aunque mucho menos por lo que al final lo he desinstalado.
Necesitas algún log o información de mi configuración? Uso la ROM Wanamlite 10.7

Saludos

Thanks and sorry for the Spanish

Tirozz

Jul 9, 2011
Hmm...had to stop using MissedIt, my phone HTC Sensation + ICS + WidgetLocker was acting really slow all of a sudden, did a reset to factory settings to see if it fixed my problems. But it didn't, now trying WidgetLocker without the MissedIt widget and: WOW. Works like a charm! No idea why, but there seems to be something going wrong with both my phone and the app. Maybe some specific error related to this phone, don't know! Also had some random force closes now and then, maybe like the person above me.

Don't know what it is exactly, but something is wrong ;)

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
I'm currently not having any issues with Missed It! and ICS on a Galaxy Nexus. Don't know if its something related to 3.0.5 (or previous) version, because I acquired the phone recently and when I installed the app it already was on a cuasi-3.1 state. I will make some tests installing the 3.0.5 to see if I get any error.

And remember, a log is always welcomed when reporting an FC!

Hmm...had to stop using MissedIt, my phone HTC Sensation + ICS + WidgetLocker was acting really slow all of a sudden, did a reset to factory settings to see if it fixed my problems. But it didn't, now trying WidgetLocker without the MissedIt widget and: WOW. Works like a charm! No idea why, but there seems to be something going wrong with both my phone and the app. Maybe some specific error related to this phone, don't know! Also had some random force closes now and then, maybe like the person above me.

Don't know what it is exactly, but something is wrong ;)

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
I'm currently not having any issues with Missed It! and ICS on a Galaxy Nexus. Don't know if its something related to 3.0.5 (or previous) version, because I acquired the phone recently and when I installed the app it already was on a cuasi-3.1 state. I will make some tests installing the 3.0.5 to see if I get any error.

Well, after playing for a time with 3.0.5 installed on my Galaxy Nexus, I can't see any problem at all. I will keep this version installed for the rest of the day to keep sure.

Anyway, please report me (with logs) if you use ICS and Missed It! is causing problems.

Tirozz

Jul 9, 2011
Quick elaboration: The 'slowness' I was referring to was only when unlocking the phone, so the time between lockscreen and homescreen/app seemed longer. I currently still have FC's, even with WiFi enabled I just noticed.

This happens only when I: Click 'upload media' in whatsapp and choose either camera or gallery, both cause a FC of MissedIt and the picture itself is actually not uploaded. Weird right? :D No issues without MissedIt. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be a bit irritating

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Can you use the option 'Report problem' on the app, just after you get a FC? I would like to see a log from the app..

Quick elaboration: The 'slowness' I was referring to was only when unlocking the phone, so the time between lockscreen and homescreen/app seemed longer. I currently still have FC's, even with WiFi enabled I just noticed.

This happens only when I: Click 'upload media' in whatsapp and choose either camera or gallery, both cause a FC of MissedIt and the picture itself is actually not uploaded. Weird right? :D No issues without MissedIt. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be a bit irritating

Tirozz

Jul 9, 2011
Ye I've done that a 2 times already I believe last week, haven't seen it? It's a java.nullPointerexception if I recalll correctly

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi Igece,

do you have an idea when the new version of MissedIt! will be ready?

I've been using the app since the day I put android on my HD2 but I can't get it to work on my new One X.

It works well with messages and missed calls, but not with gmail.
Didn't work with the stock version of Gmail 4.0.5 that came with the phone, nor with the modified version of gmail 4.0.5 from this thread
I tried to add Gmail as a regular app as explained in the OP and in the app itself, but still didn't work.

At the moment I 'm running LeeDroid's rom. But I tried with the stock ROM and LeeDroid's ROM, both official as modified versions of gmail and MissedIt! didn't work in either case.
SMS Unread Count on the other hand works well.

Gracias.

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
I'm currently testing that everything is OK.

Hi Igece,

do you have an idea when the new version of MissedIt! will be ready?

I've been using the app since the day I put android on my HD2 but I can't get it to work on my new One X.

It works well with messages and missed calls, but not with gmail.
Didn't work with the stock version of Gmail 4.0.5 that came with the phone, nor with the modified version of gmail 4.0.5 from this thread
I tried to add Gmail as a regular app as explained in the OP and in the app itself, but still didn't work.

At the moment I 'm running LeeDroid's rom. But I tried with the stock ROM and LeeDroid's ROM, both official as modified versions of gmail and MissedIt! didn't work in either case.
SMS Unread Count on the other hand works well.

Gracias.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MissedIt!
    Text-based notification widget for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Link to the app on Google Play

Get information about the number of missed calls, unread SMS, unread e-mail messages and notifications from virtually any application a glance with this simple yet very customizable widget. You can use it with any lockscreen replacement app to access all this information without need to unlock your phone.

Missed It! must be enabled as an Accessibility Service to be able to receive application notifications ('Settings » Accessibility » Accessibility services'). If enabled and application notifications not detected, try disabling and then re-enabling.

Requirements
    • Android version 2.2 and up.

Features

• Reports number of missed calls, unread SMS and pending voicemails.
    • If you use Gmail or K-9 Mail, you can obtain the number of unread messages of each account individually. In the case of Gmail, you can also select which label to monitor.
    • Also reports notifications from any application that uses the notification bar to report events (including WhatsApp, Tweetdeck, e-mail clients, etc).
    • Customization of font and background color and transparency. Also font faces (can use fonts stored in external SD card) and styles (bold, italic, underline).
    • Customization of the layout (alignments, margins, etc).
    • Text messages can be customized to show whatever phrase you want.
    • Represent numbers as text.
    • Resizable widget on ICS. With previous Android versions, there are multiple widget sizes available (user can select which sizes appears in widget list).

-- PERMISSIONS USED --

READ_PHONE_STATE, to get the voicemail state.
    CALL_PHONE, to directly call to voicemail if there is any pending message.
    Hi all,

Missed It! has no received any update in weeks, but that not means I'm not working on it. I plan to release a new update (v3) before Christmas, featuring some important changes:

• Totally redesigned interface.
    • Support for multiple widgets, each of them with its custom configuration settings.
    • Better support to configure Accessibility Settings and detect configuration problems.

Also, the format for the output string will change. Until now, each monitored item used two different parameters/placeholders, one for the number of notifications and another for the description string ([param] and [param_str]). From now, there will be only one placeholder [param] for each monitored item. In the singular and plural forms editboxes, you will be able to enter different variables that will be replaced with their corresponding values.

As an example, for monitoring missed calls now you will use one placeholder [calls] and in it's configuration, the singular will look something similar to 'You have %c missed call' and the plural to 'You have %c missed calls'. When any of these string is displayed, the %c variable will be replaced with the current number of missed calls.

I think this change will add more flexibility when configuring each monitored element, an also the readability of the custom output string (removing too much [...] [...] items from it), but I need your opinions about this.

And at last (but not least), I've started to use the collaborative tool Crowdin.net to help with translations. If you are interested, you can join at http://crowdin.net/project/missed-it and help in the translation of the application to your language.
    Please, how do I fix this? I already set parameters, I thought, I just can't figure out how to make it work (it worked before the update).

Open the program settings
    Select - Output format
    Select - Accounts
    If you see nothing, hit the hard menu key and add your account(s)
    Select the account and click on parameter
    Remember this value or change it to something unique (example: Account1)

Go back once

Select - Customize

Now use the accounts value instead of mails

EXAMPLE:
    [Account1] [Account1_str] instead of [mails][mails_str]

EXAMPLE FOR 2 ACCOUNTS
    [Account1] [Account1_str] [nl] [Account2] [Account2_str]
    I have found those 2 photo's on missedIt! market page,and i have a question:

how can i set those two widget with weather and toggle???

i can't find those things..any idea?

24o26ba.jpg

2pyuavd.jpg

Hey dude. The first one is my screenshot. I use Beautiful Widgets 1x1 weather, then I have added Simi Folder with custom icon. The toggles are Extended Controls widget. Just put enough columns on Widgetlocker and those widgets side by side.
    Ok, I've uploaded the app again and now all seems to be ok.

Was a problem with the generated .apk. Sorry for the inconveniences.