[Q] Samsung Conquer 4G Root?

Search This thread

brienj

Feb 24, 2009
Louisville, KY
ops file in the FIXED file package, then press the PDA button and select the Odin image in this package. Press the Start button getting error invalid image type?thankx for help be appreciated

It even says the stock FC17 image is invalid when you load it, and you should already know this when you updated the phone to a stock image. ;)

It works just fine though, but if you have a phone updated to FC17 by the OTA update, as it says in the instructions, you MUST do step 1 and install the STOCK FC17 image, the UPDATED FC17 will NOT work with this.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

where do i find the stock odin file and stock oops files i need?

sorry everyone im pritty new to this.

It was posted exactly three posts before your post.

Last edited:

weasel4ami

Mar 17, 2011
OK well thanx for the info. guess I'm not getting my root back since I can not find stock Odin image and stock ops file.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using xda premium

weasel4ami

Mar 17, 2011
ok sorry like i said i was new at this. thanx again but it wont download ops file. ill figure it out.

joe zack

Dec 14, 2008
thankx brienj.........i did 1 step and i copy the 2 files inside sd card but canot go to recovery mode?help be appreciated thankx again

tikiratt

Dec 5, 2011
Ill try it out

I was just wondering if making a stock Rom that has root and rooted boot might work just thought i could try to make one if someone has a cwm back up of the newest update??
If you guys have recovery n could flash n try it out ill make it

If you acn make it ill try it out

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA App
IF you make it I will try it out.

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
Tikiratt I need a back up first preferably with the newest update
I can add the power menu mod and such to this Rom i just need files to build it and a tester

I've tried the tar.md5 i can't get it to extract to build off si if anyone has a backup they can link too be appreciated..

Edit: got it Will have a deodex version for testing soon

Last edited:

tikiratt

Dec 5, 2011
Tikiratt I need a back up first preferably with the newest update
I can add the power menu mod and such to this Rom i just need files to build it and a tester

I've tried the tar.md5 i can't get it to extract to build off si if anyone has a backup they can link too be appreciated..

Edit: got it Will have a deodex version for testing soon

Good to hear would like to try it out when its done. im rooted with CWMR and cant do the update. Would like to have something to flash to try it out

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
Stock Deodex Rom for test

First Im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone..
download here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46879286/YGX_SPH-D600_DEODEX_TEST.zip
please make sure your able to restore a back up in case its needed.

so make back up. next format system/data/cache in recovery..
rom dont wipe so need to format.
install zip from sd card reboot phone
if this rom boots i need testers to check send receive messages, phone calls bluetooth wifi etc..
please report whats not working..
included an alternate phonesky.apk(vending/market) if this has trouble try renaming it to vending.apk
also no stock launcher I included adw use what ever launcher you choose till I can get stock one deodexed

if rom is not booting try data factory reset then flash rom..
if it will not boot at all restore your back up..
on first boot it will take time wait atleast 10 min to verify before restoring..
also i dont own this phone so please report issues..

thanks

Last edited:

tikiratt

Dec 5, 2011
download here:

if this rom boots i need testers to check send receive messages, phone calls bluetooth wifi etc..
included an alternate phonesky.apk(vending/market) if this has trouble try renaming it to vending.apk
also no stock launcher I included adw use what ever launcher you choose till I can get stock one deodexed

on first boot it will take time wait atleast 10 min to verify before restoring..

thanks

I installed this and so far seems ok. booted nicely for me WIFI,Phone,GPS,3g all seem to be working.I have no bluetooth devices so cant check that. Will report back if any bugs happen. Thanks alot for your work

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
I installed this and so far seems ok. booted nicely for me WIFI,Phone,GPS,3g all seem to be working.I have no bluetooth devices so cant check that. Will report back if any bugs happen. Thanks alot for your work

Ok great!! Will wait for others then ill start some modding and tweaking..

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
Also want to theme it so suggestions?? Ics blue maybe.. Oh did it play the cm9 boot animation?

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
Ok I'll update files to allow custom boot once updated with all tweaks thanks

tikiratt

Dec 5, 2011

brienj

Feb 24, 2009
Louisville, KY
download here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46879286/YGX_SPH-D600_DEODEX_TEST.zip

thanks
I deodexed this several days ago, but never released it, because I couldn't deodex four of the system apps, Launcher2 and Phonesky being 2 of the 4, and the other two are Google apps, so I guess you had the same problem I did and just didn't include the other 2 apps.

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
I deodexed this several days ago, but never released it, because I couldn't deodex four of the system apps, Launcher2 and Phonesky being 2 of the 4, and the other two are Google apps, so I guess you had the same problem I did and just didn't include the other 2 apps.
Yep same issue but with other apk available or just using market and other launchers all is fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a new All-In-One Package now for everyone to use and posted the complete Tutorial with ALL files you will need, plus one less step here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610534
    Just a quick update on this. I am currently working on making a odin image for all the people that lost root. You can reboot the device into download mode with adb and then use the image I make. I haven't figured out the key presses for download mode yet, but if your phone isn't bricked, you will at least be able to use adb to do it. :)

I will definitely be able to make a EG15 image that won't ever ask to be updated, but I am going to try and get everyone an updated FC17 image. I'm currently working on removing things from the update that need removed to make sure I keep clockwork and root. My ROM is also deodexed, and the update is for a ROM with odex files, so I have to work on restoring it back to stock to apply the update. Not all hope is lost for those that lost root, I'll help you all.
    thankx brienj.........i did 1 step and i copy the 2 files inside sd card but canot go to recovery mode?help be appreciated thankx again

Did you follow the new tutorial I wrote. Use the new file and new instructions. It will do it all for you in one step now, and the recovery will work correctly for sure.
    OK well thanx for the info. guess I'm not getting my root back since I can not find stock Odin image and stock ops file.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using xda premium

Once again, it was posted EXACTLY three posts before your post asking for it.

Phr3d13's post that was right before mine.
    ops file in the FIXED file package, then press the PDA button and select the Odin image in this package. Press the Start button getting error invalid image type?thankx for help be appreciated

It even says the stock FC17 image is invalid when you load it, and you should already know this when you updated the phone to a stock image. ;)

It works just fine though, but if you have a phone updated to FC17 by the OTA update, as it says in the instructions, you MUST do step 1 and install the STOCK FC17 image, the UPDATED FC17 will NOT work with this.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

where do i find the stock odin file and stock oops files i need?

sorry everyone im pritty new to this.

It was posted exactly three posts before your post.