(possible WIFI Fix) Let's try to figure out why WiFi stops auto scanning

Search This thread

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
As many of you know, since the 4.3 update, WiFi on the galaxy nexus stops automatically scanning after going into deep sleep. The only way to get it to scan again is to go into the WiFi menu or toggle it on and off. Let's try to find which change in 4.3 broke this on the galaxy nexus. It works fine on both nexus 7s. Its also not related to any particular router as the issue is the phone doesn't scan for WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

Edit:

I think I may have found something. In /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf
Theres a line:
disable_scan_offload=1 (has to do with allowing scanning to be offloaded to the driver)

This line didn't exist in 4.2.2. Change it to 0 and reboot and see if your wifi scanning doesn't stop working after a while.

I just ran an errand and it connected perfect when I got home which is usually when it stops working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mevordel

andQlimax

Jul 29, 2010
Rome
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I don't understand how Google do the tests..

They do testing ya?? I really have doubts

There are lots of network bugs to me, since years.. Like wifi drop with screen off in some conditions.. I can't accept that

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
Does anyone know the commit in aosp that added the always on wifi scanning for 4.3. I bet reverting it to the 4.2.2 behavior would get us working scanning. What good is always on scanning even when wifis off if it doesn't even work.

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
I think I may have found something. In /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf
Theres a line:
disable_scan_offload=1 (has to do with allowing scanning to be offloaded to the driver)

This line didn't exist in 4.2.2. Change it to 0 and reboot and see if your wifi scanning doesn't stop working after a while.

I just ran an errand and it connected perfect when I got home which is usually when it stops working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As many of you know, since the 4.3 update, WiFi on the galaxy nexus stops automatically scanning after going into deep sleep. The only way to get it to scan again is to go into the WiFi menu or toggle it on and off. Let's try to find which change in 4.3 broke this on the galaxy nexus. It works fine on both nexus 7s. Its also not related to any particular router as the issue is the phone doesn't scan for WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

Edit:

Theres a line: