Automatic multiwindow tweak

Search This thread

dalbee

Aug 18, 2014
Hi all first post on XDA. I discovered a small tweak that would would automatically open an app in Multiwindow mode. Say you are on Google search results and one of the results is on YouTube or play store, clicking that result would automatically open the app in Multiwindow mode instead of a new window. Clicking the whatsapp icon under any of your contacts will also open whatsapp in multiwindow mode.

Here is how to do it:

1. Using SQlite editor go to settings storage and open it.
2. You will see a file settings.db
3. Open it and go to system.
4. Under system scroll down to open_multi_window_view
5. Change the value from 0 to 1.
6. Save and reboot.

Enjoy!!!!

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
Hi all first post on XDA. I discovered a small tweak that would would automatically open an app in Multiwindow mode. Say you are on Google search results and one of the results is on YouTube or play store, clicking that result would automatically open the app in Multiwindow mode instead of a new window. Clicking the whatsapp icon under any of your contacts will also open whatsapp in multiwindow mode.

Here is how to do it:

6. Save and reboot.

Enjoy!!!!

is it for every app or only those u mentioned..

dalbee

Aug 18, 2014
It will work on any application that have a link and request another app installed to be opened. I have used it on Gmail opening automatically pdf files on Adobe in multiwindow and on evernote as well. Not sure if all apps will behave the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is how to do it:

6. Save and reboot.

Enjoy!!!!
    Nice find, doesn't matters if Samsung already has it already, but you still did an effort, and this might help developers.