[Q] Samsung Conquer 4G Root?

Search This thread

brobin111

Aug 8, 2011
Any information on rooting the Samsung Conquer 4G released by Sprint recently? I'm planning on picking one up this week as soon as the return of my broken MoPho is processed and I'd like to root it as soon as I get it..

solodogg

Apr 2, 2009
i've got one on the way, if anyone needs a hand testing anything. root would be awesome! it's a nice little device.

solodogg

Apr 2, 2009
i've tried a lot of the general root methods, even tried just doing some experimentation, no dice. 2.3.4 might be a mofo to crack, but you'd think with source being released, someone would come up with a way.

brobin111

Aug 8, 2011
2.3.4 has been rooted on the Motorola Photon 4g (MoPho) so doing it on the conquer should be no problem. I'd do it myself but I have no idea how.

abaddon3k

Sep 2, 2010
Damn, this does not bode well. Was thinking about going with this phone over an HTC Evo Shift 4G since it has a faster processor and more RAM, but the lack of root and the apparent lack of interest in community support makes me lean the other way.

SRobby

Mar 11, 2010
Still no root that i can find, ive tried all known methods with no success.

Can't seem to find anyone doing anything to this phone.

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
i am getting the phone tomorrow and i am going to be sitting down and trying some different root methods and seeing if i can get this to work or not, So if anyone has any ideas or help please post it.

tikiratt

Dec 5, 2011
Finally Got It Rooted

Just got done using Superoneclick 2.3.1 and bygolly it worked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a new All-In-One Package now for everyone to use and posted the complete Tutorial with ALL files you will need, plus one less step here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610534
    Just a quick update on this. I am currently working on making a odin image for all the people that lost root. You can reboot the device into download mode with adb and then use the image I make. I haven't figured out the key presses for download mode yet, but if your phone isn't bricked, you will at least be able to use adb to do it. :)

I will definitely be able to make a EG15 image that won't ever ask to be updated, but I am going to try and get everyone an updated FC17 image. I'm currently working on removing things from the update that need removed to make sure I keep clockwork and root. My ROM is also deodexed, and the update is for a ROM with odex files, so I have to work on restoring it back to stock to apply the update. Not all hope is lost for those that lost root, I'll help you all.
    thankx brienj.........i did 1 step and i copy the 2 files inside sd card but canot go to recovery mode?help be appreciated thankx again

Did you follow the new tutorial I wrote. Use the new file and new instructions. It will do it all for you in one step now, and the recovery will work correctly for sure.
    OK well thanx for the info. guess I'm not getting my root back since I can not find stock Odin image and stock ops file.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using xda premium

Once again, it was posted EXACTLY three posts before your post asking for it.

Phr3d13's post that was right before mine.
    ops file in the FIXED file package, then press the PDA button and select the Odin image in this package. Press the Start button getting error invalid image type?thankx for help be appreciated

It even says the stock FC17 image is invalid when you load it, and you should already know this when you updated the phone to a stock image. ;)

It works just fine though, but if you have a phone updated to FC17 by the OTA update, as it says in the instructions, you MUST do step 1 and install the STOCK FC17 image, the UPDATED FC17 will NOT work with this.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

where do i find the stock odin file and stock oops files i need?

sorry everyone im pritty new to this.

It was posted exactly three posts before your post.