Search This thread

alchemist316

Jan 5, 2011
greenwich ct
Well, my issue is I can't get su to work. I've rooted two phones, my og evo and my 3D. Both times everything was done in the root process. I did the HTVDev unlock and spent most of today trying to figure out how to install su binary and su. Should I install superuser or SuperSU?

I suggest re reading the rooting process and doing the root process One clock posted in dev section its not that hard just read again and give it a try

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Compressed backups are not working for me. Can anyone else confirm?
My compressed backups are working fine. I've successfully backed up and restored the stock rom with it.

bernechad said:
Well, I'm not really sure where to ask this, since there isn't a thread related to it, but..

What the hell am I doing wrong with the htcdev unlock?
I'm not sure if the phone should be in recovery, bootloader or what. I've tried both and the dev site still does nothing for me.

I'm feelin pretty damn stupid at this point, because I know I'm missing something obvious.
I just posted for you in Mik's thread, but if you choose all other supported devices from the drop down menu and then follow the directions for the HTC unlock to a T, it should go through for you no problem. It did for me. Do you have all the proper drivers installed, and are you in hboot/fastboot when doing the process?

Last edited:

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
Can't wait to try this I'm waiting on my activation email from HTC though..tried two different emails on chrome and IE and no luck so...

I sent HTC an email and I'm hoping for the best :p

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

bernechad

Aug 15, 2007
BFE Indiana
You mean flashboot has to be ON to flash the IMG and then turn it OFF after.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I think he's saying to use fastboot through adb.
The command would be:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.1.6-jewel.img

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I just posted for you in Mik's thread, but if you choose all other supported devices from the drop down menu and then follow the directions for the HTC unlock to a T, it should go through for you no problem. It did for me. Do you have all the proper drivers installed, and are you in hboot/fastboot when doing the process?

I finally got that problem fixed. When I was clicking on "Begin blah blah" nothing was happening.

I had to uninstall and reinstall a couple different browsers before it finally worked. Some sort of weird issue on my pc side.

corcgaigh

Apr 12, 2012
Boston
Android Automotive OS
You mean flashboot has to be ON to flash the IMG and then turn it OFF after.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

i had the same problems but i think the issue was trying to boot into recovery while the the phone was plugged into my computer even though it was set to charge only. so i unmounted and started over again from goo manager and all is good.
Believe me when i tell you i know next to nothing about any of this but thought i'd mention it cause it worked for me

corcgaigh

Apr 12, 2012
Boston
Android Automotive OS
No from twrp. They didn't even show up in the restore folder.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Same. my backups are not showing up in the restore folder although there is a copy of them on the internal SD.
Do i need to move these to specific location or is there a setting i didn't apply.?
Also if i have trouble can i flash these backups like a regular zip ?

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Same. my backups are not showing up in the restore folder although there is a copy of them on the internal SD.
Do i need to move these to specific location or is there a setting i didn't apply.?
Also if i have trouble can i flash these backups like a regular zip ?

If you can then yes move them to the twrp folder. No you cannot flash them like a Rom. It is only good through twrp.
I just did a normal backup before flashing viper Rom and they are there. Just compressed don't seem to show.
Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: corcgaigh

Tazmandeux

Sep 5, 2010
HTC U11
Waiting For Device

I'm doing this and all I got is the "Waiting For Device", I have bootloader unlocked, could be this the reason i can get the S-OFF from HTC Unlocker?

I too am getting "Waiting For Device". I know we are not really getting S-OFF but just the same unlocked for our purposes for now.

I've installed drivers, Java, Android SDK, etc and still get Waiting For Device" when issueing "fastboot oem get_identifer_token".

Gotta be doing something lame... can someone straighten me out.

TIA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
    -Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    -Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    -Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    -A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    -Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    -Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    -Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    -Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    -Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    -Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    -Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    -Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
    -Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    -Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    -Updated exFAT to latest commits
    -Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    -Update SuperSU binary
    -Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    -Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    -Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    -Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    -Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    -Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16], a Tool/Utility for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
    eyeballer, dees_troy

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.6.3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2013-09-16

Created 2013-09-16
    Last Updated 2013-09-16
    doin stuffs here one day
    The ROM that I was testing was MeanBean-v30-jewel-ltevo.zip. Further test reveals that this particular zip is using an older ICS-based update-binary. I built a new update-binary in CM10.0 which devs can find here. I further updated the updater-script slightly to use this:
    Code:
    format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p35", "0", "/system");

The ROM installed fine after updating the update-binary in META-INF/com/google/android folder and making the updates to the format command that are required by the newer updater-binary. To me this is my recommended path, that developers update their updater-binary and scripts to JB methods. If you're lazy, you can use the call to mke2fs instead:
    Code:
    run_program("/sbin/mke2fs", "-t", "ext4", "-m", "0", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p35");

As an additional side note (and a pet peeve of mine), this ROM also does not unmount system before it performs the format command. This is unsafe and may cause problems with installing the zip. This line should come before the command to format:
    Code:
    unmount("/system");
    So ROM devs, while you're updating things, make sure you unmount system before you format it please.
    Updated to 2.5.0.0
    Updated OP with 2.4.0.0