MIME Feather Glass (Screen Protector)

Search This thread

deeevan

Mar 22, 2013
Thanks for clearing that up. I have a similarly minimal case so I can see the entire screen protector. I noticed they've had coupons for special days/holidays, I'm going to check if there's something coming up then order.

Well... Columbus Day came and went. To wait and see if there will be a coupon for Halloween or not?

One Hype

Nov 27, 2008
Waiting for mine to arrive, and was just wondering if it will work with the ViperOne Rom? Don't want to find out later that the touchscreen isn't sensitive enough. If anyone could confirm, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

naturecannon

Oct 27, 2007
Portland Oregon
Had regular MIME for about 3 weeks. pulled out of my pocket today and a 2.5" crack across SP :(

I wonder if the thinner feather would be less prone to cracking :confused:

One Hype

Nov 27, 2008
Just installed mine and it turned out pretty well, but there appears to be a mark where the tab used on the protective wrapping was placed underneath the protector. I have a slight outline of the tab, but am hoping it disappears over the next few days. Anyone else have this issue?

IINexusII

Nov 8, 2010
Great screen protector. Much better than SGP Glas.t Slim AND Glas.tR

Dont think the edges are rounded, but it doesnt matter. The glass is so thin you dont notice a sharp edge. feels almost as a normal plastic screen protector around the edges.

Best investment for your HTC One

IMG_6214_zps815936d0.jpg

IMG_6213_zpsb7900f59.jpg

IMG_6212_zpsffac1b7a.jpg

IMG_6210_zpsc529e9fe.jpg

IMG_6209_zps811662d9.jpg

IMG_6207_zpsa8783326.jpg

Last edited:

rlb4

Mar 18, 2011
Northern NJ

Dont think the edges are rounded, but it doesnt matter. The glass is so thin you dont notice a sharp edge. feels almost as a normal plastic screen protector around the edges.

What do you like about it that is better than the Glas.t and Glas.tr? Have you tried the Glas.tr nano? I saw a few reviews that said the rounded edges on the Glas.tr makes a big difference and some even said it(Glas.tr nano) felt better than the thinner ones even though it was thicker. I am trying to decide between the Glas.tr nano, the iloome flex, and the MIME Feather.

IINexusII

Nov 8, 2010
What do you like about it that is better than the Glas.t and Glas.tr? Have you tried the Glas.tr nano? I saw a few reviews that said the rounded edges on the Glas.tr makes a big difference and some even said it(Glas.tr nano) felt better than the thinner ones even though it was thicker. I am trying to decide between the Glas.tr nano, the iloome flex, and the MIME Feather.

There is no Glas.tR Nano for the HTC one, which is why ill never buy screen protectors from SGP again. Id highly recommend the MIME Feather, the illome flex feels abit to flexy and wont offer the same protection as the MIME

rlb4

Mar 18, 2011
Northern NJ
There is no Glas.tR Nano for the HTC one, which is why ill never buy screen protectors from SGP again. Id highly recommend the MIME Feather, the illome flex feels abit to flexy and wont offer the same protection as the MIME

Why do you feel that the MIME feather will give more protection? I think the MIME is a 9H and the iloome is an 8H. They both get very good reviews but the iloome is much cheaper, $16 vs $28.

RyanBurnsRed

Dec 15, 2011
Atlanta
It's pretty expensive, but I can see why. I don't have an HTC One yet, but I'll be getting one later this month (around Black Friday). I was thinking of getting the Just Like Glass screen protector. Hmm, but now I'm not sure. I just might go with my original option since it's a lot cheaper.

Has anyone here used Just Like Glass? And how is it compared to this one?

samehbasha

Dec 23, 2011
This looks like a good option for a screen protector. Most other ones are either rough or sticky. Thx.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

mr.alawi

Apr 15, 2011
Hi guys i'm thinking of getting MIME Feather Glass for my HTC one as i already got Glas.tR on it the rounded edge may gonna make a difference in experience but i still wanna try MIME feather glass :) ...so i'm wondering will Seidio Surface case fit on my HTC one while using Glas.tr or MIME ?

the waco kid

Jan 27, 2012
two problems with my ghost glass, defect on the top right corner and edges wont adhere properly. they are sending me a replacement. other than that i can say the touch works perfectly i don't see a decrease in sensitivity.

DSC06345.jpg

naturecannon

Oct 27, 2007
Portland Oregon
I cracked my original mime during daily work abuse after 3 weeks of owning (my fault), then ordered a feather and the corner didnt stick:(

Sent an email asking them to address both issues with proof of purchase and pics..... message returned next day: :victory: :good:

Hi John,

Thank you for the information, and apologies for this issue! We have set you up with a code for a free replacement for your latest order, and a discounted code for your Amazon order. As always, please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your patience.

Code: blahblahfakecode
Code: blahblahfakecode

Best,
MIME

Reactions: gl73

thebest

Nov 12, 2011
Long Beach
I cracked my original mime during daily work abuse after 3 weeks of owning (my fault), then ordered a feather and the corner didnt stick:(

Sent an email asking them to address both issues with proof of purchase and pics..... message returned next day: :victory: :good:

If the corner didn't stick, then you probably had the corner barely overlapping on the lip of the htc one screen. Happened to me when I was installing, only 1 corner wouldn't stick, just re-positioned and all was better.

rossvtaylor

Dec 9, 2008
...so i'm wondering will Seidio Surface case fit on my HTC one while using Glas.tr or MIME ?

This, too... I've also got the surface case and would like to know if anyone has experience with that case and any of the glass screen protectors. Is there a combo which works and you like? I believe I read that the Feather Glass won't fit on the Surface version, so I'm interested in other combos that you've found. Thanks!

naturecannon

Oct 27, 2007
Portland Oregon
If the corner didn't stick, then you probably had the corner barely overlapping on the lip of the htc one screen. Happened to me when I was installing, only 1 corner wouldn't stick, just re-positioned and all was better.

What do you mean? This install did go on a tad out of square but not very much. Was worried to peel and restick and be out protection. Will try when the new one arrives incase current install goes sour.

Thanks for the reply

thebest

Nov 12, 2011
Long Beach
Never be afraid to restick :p... I lift mine back up all the time on installs because every little piece of dust bugs me.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the glas slim screen protector for the last few months and it eventually gave its life up to rubbing along sand at the beach. It had a long gash and time for a new protector. I picked up the mime feather glass from the company's website and put it on last night. I've used many protectors but none has had a separate dust sheet that the feather had. I washed my hands, laid out the dust thing and glass. I cleaned the glass with the supplied cloth, then use the dust sheet. I worried it would leave something sticky, but nothing but a dustless glass. I pealed the protector off the feather and just placed it on the HTC. It's pretty cool the way the feather adhesive flows from the middle out. But I goofed up, I was off on the bottom. So I carefully pulled it up, careful not to touch the sides. Tried again and perfect. No bubbles and perfect fit with a Poetic atmosphere case. So the verdict? Love the touch of the feather, just like the naked HTC screen. Smooth and great feel. I feel confident it will protect my screen and keep it as its meant to be, smooth.

I saw some folks asking for a pic, hope this helps.

u7uzaqeb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Ha my Ghost just arrived today and I love it. If I only knew a few days ago I may have waited but it Looks like the only difference is $27.95 and .15mm compared to the original $24.95 @ .32mm. No biggiie.

Comparing my ghost to the zagg which I had for months. The zagg is like rubbing fingers across my hairy legs, the ghost is like rubbing my beautiful wife's silky smooth thighs and butt :good:

Best investment for your HTC One

IMG_6214_zps815936d0.jpg

IMG_6213_zpsb7900f59.jpg

IMG_6212_zpsffac1b7a.jpg

IMG_6210_zpsc529e9fe.jpg

IMG_6209_zps811662d9.jpg

IMG_6207_zpsa8783326.jpg
    Just applied my feather glass which was replacement for my ghost glass that died. And I have to say it is incredibly thin (even the ghost glass was thin but this is just nuts!)

Installed perfectly the first time with no bubbles or anything and all 4 corners adhered perfectly.

I must say, I don't know if it's just me, but the soft touch layer feels so much smoother compared to that of the ghost glass. Very happy with my replacement purchase.

Note: the product listing may not say that it has curved edges but trust me its so thin that the edges don't catch your thumb/finger at all. I actually do think there is some sort of curve to the edge.

Edit: added some pics. Apologies about the quality (another camera phone)

e8azypeh.jpg

e4amy8es.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    ordered!!!

Thanks for the update on the feather screen protector. I ordered it and I will be sure to update this thread when I see how it is!