[Q] Google Glass Stuck at the “Glass” screen and would not turn on :(

Search This thread

shen747

Jan 19, 2012
Can anyone tell me how can I hard reset and start the google glass ?. It used to work fine but now it's getting stuck at the "Glass" screen as shown in the diagram below and would not switch on. Can anyone please help me ?.

edit

I tried pressing the power button for 15 seconds and tried switching the glass on again but it would not help :(. Can anyone please help me out ?.

Attachments

• glass_capture.JPG
    glass_capture.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 154
Dec 8, 2009
Nawlins
Can anyone tell me how can I hard reset and start the google glass ?. It used to work fine but now it's getting stuck at the "Glass" screen as shown in the diagram below and would not switch on. Can anyone please help me ?.

edit

I tried pressing the power button for 15 seconds and tried switching the glass on again but it would not help :(. Can anyone please help me out ?.

try powering off glass completely, unplugged from any power/usb cord. hold down the camera button and the power button and watch for the white led on the end of the touchpad to illuminate, hook Glass up to your computer and run in terminal/command:

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

hopefully that should help....worse case scenario you may need to download the Glass XE 12 OS files directly from Google and completely wipe the device and reinstall the software.

Hope this helps!

shen747

Jan 19, 2012
Tried Fastreboot but still no luck :(.

try powering off glass completely, unplugged from any power/usb cord. hold down the camera button and the power button and watch for the white led on the end of the touchpad to illuminate, hook Glass up to your computer and run in terminal/command:

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

hopefully that should help....worse case scenario you may need to download the Glass XE 12 OS files directly from Google and completely wipe the device and reinstall the software.

Hope this helps!

Thanks you very much for your answer. I tried exactly what you suggested. But When I executed the 1st command I get the following result :

Code:
$ sudo fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'cache'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.002s

and it is the same for the second command as well. And when I execute the 3rd command it reboots like shown below :

Code:
$ fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.000s

But still it is stuck at the glass screen :(. Could you please help me out ?.

drinovc

Jul 7, 2014
Thanks you very much for your answer. I tried exactly what you suggested. But When I executed the 1st command I get the following result :

Code:
$ sudo fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'cache'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.002s

and it is the same for the second command as well. And when I execute the 3rd command it reboots like shown below :

Code:
$ fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.000s

But still it is stuck at the glass screen :(. Could you please help me out ?.

I have the same issue. :(

atutorme

Aug 13, 2014

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

Hope this helps!

I tried booting in fastboot mode - but no devices are appearing when I run fastboot devices. Any ideas of the problem?

Thanks