[Q] Camera so slow...

Search This thread

Drachnem

Dec 14, 2010
Boston
So I'm guessing its the device being slow but I wanted to see what everyone else had experienced and if there is a fix.

Basically I find the camera terrible. The only way to get a decent shot with less than perfect light is to use the stabilizer, which as many of you know slows down the pictures as it has to process the picture. This is VERY annoying to me. My iPhone 5s takes a much better shot and instantly without processing.

Has anyone found a fix for this be it prop settings or alternate camera apps?

I have to imagine there is a fix for this...

BigMcGuire

Nov 29, 2010
California
My last iPhone was the 5 (had the 4s before it). Apple sure has the whole "just works" thing down. That said, I REALLY like the Note 3 camera and the screen - I think it's better than the 5 - but in low light, the processing thing is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. For a phone with this hardware, you'd think a 2 second "processing" bar would be a thing of the past.

Drachnem

Dec 14, 2010
Boston
Yea, so anyone find a fix? I want to take pics of my kid and don't have time to wait between pictures... :(

Drachnem

Dec 14, 2010
Boston
A Fix!

Hey guys I found a fix!

After poking around on my rom (Beans) I noticed they had the option for the CM 11 camera app so I grabbed it...

BOOM instantly better quality, speed, the works. :good:

So seems like the stock camera app was just terrible. CM got it right and now I'm really happy with the quality.

I compared both cameras and in almost ever case the note 3 was on par or even better than my 5s.

If you guys want some compare shots between both android cams and vs. iphone 5s let me know and i'll post some. :confused:

If you want the CM 11 camera I'm sure a little goggling will get you the APK. :laugh:

I'd also love to see what your experiences are and if you found the CM camera app to your liking. :cool:

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Hey guys I found a fix!

After poking around on my rom (Beans) I noticed they had the option for the new camera app (from kitkat) so I grabbed it...

BOOM instantly better quality, speed, the works. :good:

So seems like the stock camera app was just terrible. Kitkat got it right and now I'm really happy with the quality.

I compared both cameras and in almost ever case the note 3 was on par or even better than my 5s.

If you guys want some compare shots between both android cams and vs. iphone 5s let me know and i'll post some. :confused:

If you want the KitKat camera I'm sure a little goggling will get you the APK. :laugh:

I'd also love to see what your experiences are and if you found the KitKat camera app to your liking. :cool:

If it's the Google camera you can get it from the Play Store also.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
I really miss a macro mode. I take a lot of close up detail photos for work. Now I use an eye loupe over the lens and it actually works better than before but.. you would have to carry it in your pocket...

On a side note I find the kit kat camera faster than the jellybean camera.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I really miss a macro mode. I take a lot of close up detail photos for work. Now I use an eye loupe over the lens and it actually works better than before but.. you would have to carry it in your pocket...

On a side note I find the kit kat camera faster than the jellybean camera.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The CM11 camera has macro mode.

saddog5523

Jun 2, 2011
Jonesboro, AR
Can anyone provide a link to a legitimate download for the CM11 camera? I'm always a little worried of an apk from a Google search. Lol. Unless it is from a reputable website.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts