C:\Users\---->fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-evita.img
error: cannot load 'openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-evita.img'

EDIT Error Fixed.

Also, thought we were flashing 3,1?

Last edited:

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
Oh crappers that's right you had taken the ota to jelly bean.... My bad you'll need the newest version :/

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

adb push romname.zip /sdcard/downloads(your desired folder
You could technically push the Rom while in recoverytry that

Kilburn

Feb 22, 2013
Alright, now I got 3254 KB/s (335514992 bytes in 100.680s).
Think it worked

Though, I'm not sure if that worked, as the file I downloaded was 600MB large, and I can't find it in the install menu

Last edited:

Kilburn

Feb 22, 2013
No, going to try again. Redownloading the rom.
At first I kept getting "Device not found" Or "Device offline"

I'll let you know when I get it downloaded.

Kilburn

Feb 22, 2013
I just sent a pm......... what is the current state of the phone now.....won't boot, boots to recovery, bootloader only?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Basically the state hasn't changed.

I'm able to boot into Recovery, and bootloader. Just crash when I try to try anything else ("HTC Logo, red text, crashes")

Would I be able to install a rom to fix the problem, or perhaps RUU? ("Can't find one for my device")
Can't download the ViperXL Rom.

Kilburn

Feb 22, 2013
I tried downloading 3 other roms, all with the same error. Tried with 7Zip, winrar, and even windows built in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just sent a pm......... what is the current state of the phone now.....won't boot, boots to recovery, bootloader only?

Your steps to freedom...
    Download viper xl 3.2.3 to your computer (for now then you can switch roms)
    Connect your phone via usb to your comp Go into twrp mount your storage and drag the Rom over to the phone where you'll be able to find it on your sd
    Now go into the wipe menu in twrp select wipe system and factory reset..
    Nowclicj on install in twrp find viper where you put in on your sd and click on and flash it
    You now have a custom Rom/root/ fixed phone

He should pay you 20.00 for this advice. You just fixed his phone indirectly

---------- Post added 24th February 2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 23rd February 2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

I tried downloading 3 other roms, all with the same error. Tried with 7Zip, winrar, and even windows built in.

You don't have to uncompress the ROMS you download. Leave them as is once you have the files on the computer. Copy them over to your phone as is using TWRP Mount option then you're good to go
    The issue wasn't his phone, it was his PC. It would try and decompress any ,zip he tried to download automatically when only 20-30% downloaded. I pushed viper ROM over to his PC from mine using TV and he flashed it. He's up n running