[HUGE BUG] Partitions disappeared!

Search This thread

blackbird5308

May 20, 2011
Padua
Hello everyone. Wanted to share an experience with my OPO,.
Today i rebooted the phone, and when it booted up it presented me the first configuration wizard. I thought, "ok this is strange" but after i completed again the configuration everything was still there.
Tonight I tried to install the XNPH33R update via TWRP, i loaded the file into the sdcard and rebooted into TWRP.
I thought "let's make a nandroid before, in case of problems", and i saw it could not mount the /system partition. The backup failed and then i tried to reboot. The phone does now not start and when i try to boot into TWRP, it reports that now ALL the partitions are borked and can't be mounted, reporting them 0MB, except for the boot one.

My question is, am i the only one that experienced something similar?! :eek: :eek:
I'm goin on to flash factory image but this seems a big problem!

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
I doubt OnePlus (or any other mfg) would count this sort of thing a bug if your phone is running anything other than 100% stock.

blackbird5308

May 20, 2011
Padua
I doubt OnePlus (or any other mfg) would count this sort of thing a bug if your phone is running anything other than 100% stock.

Obviously i don't want to report a "bug" that i want oneplus to fix :)
I just wanted to know what happened, my partitions corrupted themselves by... rebooting?

since i saw that many users reported being stuck at the oneplus logo after updating to XNPH33R i wanted to know if this is related to their experience :silly:

Little hint: try to install another recovery (e.g. CWM, Philz...) before returning to stock

I flashed the factory image except for recovery and everything works, same old TWRP now reports everything as ok and running.. it's just strange! i flashed countless devices and i own a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 5!

Last edited:

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Obviously i don't want to report a "bug" that i want oneplus to fix :)
I just wanted to know what happened, my partitions corrupted themselves by... rebooting?

since i saw that many users reported being stuck at the oneplus logo after updating to XNPH33R i wanted to know if this is related to their experience :silly:

I flashed the factory image except for recovery and everything works, same old TWRP now reports everything as ok and running.. it's just strange! i flashed countless devices and i own a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 5!
Sorry wrong thread

Sent from E.P.D.Center

nasvi

Oct 17, 2012
I had the same weird problem last night.....

Except my recovery was also reverted to stock.
it happened after i got notifed about an update available couple days in a row which i canceled.

I even have Droidwall and everything but a few apps are blocked from data usage.

What i would suggest is to freeze the ""system update" system app.

I kinda have a feeling the OTA updates have something to do with it.

This happend to me 1 other time a while back with an HTC One X device. Same pattern, System update notifications then couple days of ignoring .... then pooffff...

Hello everyone. Wanted to share an experience with my OPO,.
Today i rebooted the phone, and when it booted up it presented me the first configuration wizard. I thought, "ok this is strange" but after i completed again the configuration everything was still there.
Tonight I tried to install the XNPH33R update via TWRP, i loaded the file into the sdcard and rebooted into TWRP.
I thought "let's make a nandroid before, in case of problems", and i saw it could not mount the /system partition. The backup failed and then i tried to reboot. The phone does now not start and when i try to boot into TWRP, it reports that now ALL the partitions are borked and can't be mounted, reporting them 0MB, except for the boot one.

My question is, am i the only one that experienced something similar?! :eek: :eek:
I'm goin on to flash factory image but this seems a big problem!