Display issue after 4.4.4 upgrade

Search This thread

Neosaurus

Feb 9, 2014
Hey, so I Just upgraded my moto to 4.4.4 in the UK, and now there's a sort of smudge on my screen near the center left of the display, its very obvious when i use my phone in bed, and it annoys me non stop. The smudge looks like a white fingerprint but its on the display, like a dead pixel or something which it obviously isnt. I will take a photo on my tablet so you can see it, as unsurprisingly it doesnt show up in screenshots. I would greatly prefer software alternatives over hardware ones due to the fact im in quite a rural area. Thanks, Neo

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium HD app

Neosaurus

Feb 9, 2014
Here's the picture. Sorry for horrible quality, but at least you can distinctly the smudge.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406243317014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406243317014.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 205

vn800art

Sep 2, 2010
Pescara - Adriatic coast
Try to dry the humidity with an hair dryer, carefully, really. This was the suggestion I can second, in my opinion. The better photo?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Neosaurus

Feb 9, 2014
I've been really busy today working, so I'll take one in the morning. Also, if its water under the screen should I put the dryer on minimum heat?

Neosaurus

Feb 9, 2014
Try to dry the humidity with an hair dryer, carefully, really. This was the suggestion I can second, in my opinion. The better photo?

Forgot to quote and no idea if you get a notif for that post above so here's a notification

vn800art

Sep 2, 2010
Pescara - Adriatic coast
Correct, I suggest medium heat and try short, multiple time heating. Difficult to sort out without a much clearer photo as stated from smbody else.

Neosaurus

Feb 9, 2014
Correct, I suggest medium heat and try short, multiple time heating. Difficult to sort out without a much clearer photo as stated from smbody else.

Here's a "better" photo, as my moto has the best camera of my devices, and my tab 2 has a 3mp shooter so the quality ain't great.

EDIT: been blow drying to seemingly no gain, will try later. In the meantime, any other ideas?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406468619603.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406468619603.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

vn800art

Sep 2, 2010
Pescara - Adriatic coast
Are ( or is, the spot appears to be the same of the other photo) the places of the screen responsive to touch inputs with your littlest finger?

Neosaurus

Feb 9, 2014
Are ( or is, the spot appears to be the same of the other photo) the places of the screen responsive to touch inputs with your littlest finger?

Yes they are. Also, better photo from my dads S3. EDIT: Photo wont upload, I'll try later

Minuum-ed from my Moto G 16GB

Last edited: