Bluetooth audio quality

Search This thread

_Raziel666

Jun 15, 2011
Athens
Can someone comment on the bluetooth audio quality on OmniROM 4.4.2? I tested it today and, to my ears, it sounds much worse than 4.3 (either CM or Omni).

I tried searching around but there were conflicting opinions. So I'd like to know what people around here think.

Krsnik

Feb 9, 2013
I too feel that audio quality over Bluetooth was better a few weeks ago.
There were one or two builds where it got really bad but it's OK now but not as good as it once was.
It may have been the use of GravityBox which I used for two or three nightlies before canning it again but I'm not sure.

I use Omni on a Sony Xperia Z so this is only in regards to this phone.

Krsnik

Feb 9, 2013
I'm now sure that the audio quality over bluetooth is worse than it was a few weeks ago.
Today I flashed CM11 to compare BT audio quality and on CM it was so much better (like it was on Omni when I started using it).
On Omni there is almost no bass at all and highs are a bit distorted whereas on CM audio over bluetooth (Xperia Z with Sony SBH20) sounds almost identical to directly plugged in headphones.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Don't know about Sony but on oppo the problem was using too old blobs which derped the ACDB setup.
So this can be really a device specific issue

Unfortunately this depends on the device maintainer to
1) test and confirm it
2) try to fix it

I dont know what the maintainer situation for the Z is at the moment

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Don't know about Sony but on oppo the problem was using too old blobs which derped the ACDB setup.

1) test and confirm it
2) try to fix it

humberto is coming up to speed, but the Z isn't particularly well maintained right now. Doesn't help that I can't even FIND mine at the moment... I'm not sure where it went. :(

Most of the Z guys are trying to solve the camcorder issues properly. (I don't like Thomas' approach, there's got to be a cleaner solution esp. since all third-party cam apps work OK...)

Reactions: _Raziel666

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
Entropy512 said:
humberto is coming up to speed, but the Z isn't particularly well maintained right now. Doesn't help that I can't even FIND mine at the moment... I'm not sure where it went. :(

Most of the Z guys are trying to solve the camcorder issues properly. (I don't like Thomas' approach, there's got to be a cleaner solution esp. since all third-party cam apps work OK...)

Happens when u use 10 smartphones simultaneously :p

cgx

Apr 22, 2011
I have newly installed yatour box with bluetooth receiver on my car and the sound quality over bluetooth from I9100 with Omni is really bad.
The sound is almost crackling on some quiet places. Sound is perfect if connected to yatour's aux input with cable.
I have to test it with another transmitting device (without Omni) to rule out problems with the bt receiver though.

ludoo

Jan 29, 2011
Milano
qix.it
Bluetooth audio quality is pretty awful on the N7000 too, with my sony mw1 the n7000+omni 4.4.2 is distinctly bad compared to any other bluetooth source I have (phones, laptop, pc).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) test and confirm it
    2) try to fix it