Petition to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

scryan

Oct 19, 2013
We are 431 signatures away.

Away from what :confused:

edit: Jesus, just clicked the link... at least make a real attempt? what the hell is

"To:
Kwon Oh Hyun, Samsung USA
Daniel S. Mead, Verizon Wireless
Samsung USA and Verizon Wireless

Please unlock the bootloader of the SCH-I545, respectively. We wouldn't want this device to be retired due to the fact that the people are not fully satisfied with it in its current state.
Sincerely,
[Your name]"

First off, this was clearly copy and pasted... Why does it say "Please unlock the bootloader of the SCH-I545, respectively". The word "respectively" would be used if there was multiple things being asked for, with different details to each... saying respectively lets you know that the list of details was given in the same order as the list of things those details apply to.

Secondly, who is "We" in the "We wouldn't want this device to be retired due to the fact that the people are not fully satisfied with it in its current state"? Because Samsung DEFINITELY wants you to retire you S4 and buy an S5...

Thirdly, that sounds vaguely like your trying to come off threatening... is that really the intent?

Lastly... Is this a letter I am supposed to send it? Its like the description of this petition but then has a generic [your name] at the end where I would expect the author of the petition to have signed?

I'm on your side and I found more things wrong with your petition the the number of sentences it features. Thats not good.

Please don't come back and say "OHHHH I DIDNT WRITE IT". If you didn't, please don't redistribute such crap... really poor representation of our requests.

Last edited:

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond

edit: Jesus, just clicked the link... at least make a real attempt? what the hell is

"To:

Please unlock the bootloader of the SCH-I545, respectively. We wouldn't want this device to be retired due to the fact that the people are not fully satisfied with it in its current state.
Sincerely,
[Your name]"

First off, this was clearly copy and pasted... Why does it say "Please unlock the bootloader of the SCH-I545, respectively". The word "respectively" would be used if there was multiple things being asked for, with different details to each... saying respectively lets you know that the list of details was given in the same order as the list of things those details apply to.

Secondly, who is "We" in the "We wouldn't want this device to be retired due to the fact that the people are not fully satisfied with it in its current state"? Because Samsung DEFINITELY wants you to retire you S4 and buy an S5...

Thirdly, that sounds vaguely like your trying to come off threatening... is that really the intent?

Lastly... Is this a letter I am supposed to send it? Its like the description of this petition but then has a generic [your name] at the end where I would expect the author of the petition to have signed?

I'm on your side and I found more things wrong with your petition the the number of sentences it features. Thats not good.

Please don't come back and say "OHHHH I DIDNT WRITE IT". If you didn't, please don't redistribute such crap... really poor representation of our requests.

Hey buddy hop off. I will say I didn't write it because that's what I want to do. Secondly, maybe you should work on developing and attempting to better the community rather than being an ass hole. Thanks and have a nice day while leaving me alone so that I may do so as well.

scryan

Oct 19, 2013
Hey buddy hop off. I will say I didn't write it because that's what I want to do. Secondly, maybe you should work on developing and attempting to better the community rather than being an ass hole. Thanks and have a nice day while leaving me alone so that I may do so as well.

xda-developers.com

If you want to watch thats fine.... but Its an Android Development community. You reposting ridiculous online petitions is certainly not bettering the community and honestly if I can do even a little to keep us from being represented by that piece of **** I will have done a great service.

Reactions: mike.s

mike.s

Apr 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6a
If I were an executive, and got a letter/petition written like that, I'd just dismiss it as coming from someone having a hard time keeping up in middle school (and who's parents were actually paying for their phone). Seriously, that petition is a waste of time and effort.

Reactions: asianstud69

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Your hearts in the right place man. Maybe just clean it up a bit and make it more professional.

Also... go easy guys...a mod is definitely going to step in here and clean this thread and possibly close it due to the language.

I'm not taking sides... I get where both of you are coming from... just maybe could have been said better is all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
THIS IS A PETITION TO UNLOCK OUR PHONES BOOTLOADERS
Yes I realize this has been posted several times but it seems to have died out again so im restarting it. We are 431 signatures away. Sign here - http://www.change.org/petitions/sam...ock-the-bootloader-of-the-verizon-s4-sch-i545

I think the other threads died for a reason. It's a futile effort.

I'm pretty sure that I read recently that the Department of Defense just approved the Knox security system. What's that mean? Samsung can potentially sell millions of phones to the government, who is not interested in phones that can be hacked. Now, consider the hacking community. A couple of thousand potential hackers. Which do you think Samsung is more likely to pay attention to?

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Your hearts in the right place man. Maybe just clean it up a bit and make it more professional.

Also... go easy guys...a mod is definitely going to step in here and clean this thread and possibly close it due to the language.

I'm not taking sides... I get where both of you are coming from... just maybe could have been said better is all

This thread should be closed lol only a complete idiot would think that petition could work

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

dm1105

Oct 24, 2010
Just signed the petition. Mr. Hyun & Mr. Mead are probably going to laugh their asses off when they get it, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We are 431 signatures away.

"To:

Sincerely,
    [Your name]"

This thread should be closed lol only a complete idiot would think that petition could work

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

xda-developers.com

If you want to watch thats fine.... but Its an Android Development community. You reposting ridiculous online petitions is certainly not bettering the community and honestly if I can do even a little to keep us from being represented by that piece of **** I will have done a great service.
    If I were an executive, and got a letter/petition written like that, I'd just dismiss it as coming from someone having a hard time keeping up in middle school (and who's parents were actually paying for their phone). Seriously, that petition is a waste of time and effort.
    Let's get this all the way to president Barack Obama's desk!