2.4.24 Update Available For Motorola Milestone 2 !!

Search This thread

scald88

Sep 25, 2009
Motorola provides new update for MM2 few hours ago. Check the link below.

"There's an update available for your Milestone 2 via the MSU (Motorola Software Update) service and/or OTA (Over the air).

The regions/providers are:

- O2 Germany (OTA and MSU)
- Retail DACH (MSU only)
- Retail France (MSU only)
- Retail UK (MSU only)
- Vodafone Germany (OTA and MSU)

The MSU installation package is available at this URL: www motorola com / update

I'cant post the links because lack of post count :(

supportforums motorola com/message/379926

"Release Notes:

Software update for the Motorola Milestone ™ 2

Introduction

This is a software update for Motorola Milestone™ 2 users who are currently using software
versions 2.2.13, 2.2.16 or 2.3.4. This new software package will update Motorola Milestone™ 2
phones to software version 2.4.24 and will provide several improvements to device performance.
For optimal performance, we encourage you to download and install this latest software update.
For more information on your Motorola Milestone™ 2, visit us at
www motorola com/mymilestone2.

Who can use this release?
Only for Motorola MILESTONE™ 2 users

Highlights
After downloading and installing the software update, you will notice:

Phone and call stability: Improved stability, resulting in fewer occurrences of unresponsiveness and/or programs closing unexpectedly.

Updated Google Android Applications: This enhancement provides an updated version of Google Mobile Services apps.

Improved phone performance: Performance improvements for touch screen, proximity sensor and the ambient light sensor .

Improved security: This enhancement contains new Google security patches.

Instructions for installing software

For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update while the battery in your
phone is at least 50% charged. Make sure you have an active SIM card installed in your phone.

Go to www motorola com/update for instructions on how to download the software update
If you have difficulty with this update, visit us at www motorola com/mymilestone2 "

Last edited:

smacky_wolf

Mar 2, 2007
Sydney
Please, please do a hard reset before complaining about this update.

It has made things noticeably snappier for me (especially mobile data) and fixed a few issues. But it was horrible and crashy before SBFing to standard UK FW and doing a full reset.

There's no noticeable difference in Blur, but the base kernel seems quicker and generally more stable. Back up all apps you want to use in Titanium, and flash.

WongJames

Dec 7, 2010
directly flashed the 2.4.24 sbf and used for one day.

I didn't do a hard reset, but only wipe cache.
What I feel is the phone really become faster :)
I was using Argen2Stone 1.9 before and this 2.2.2 upgrade make the phone even faster!:D

MegaBubbletea

Oct 29, 2010
directly flashed the 2.4.24 sbf and used for one day.

I didn't do a hard reset, but only wipe cache.
What I feel is the phone really become faster :)
I was using Argen2Stone 1.9 before and this 2.2.2 upgrade make the phone even faster!:D

How to flash it from stock rom?

[EDIT] I've rooted and droid 2 bootstrapped' my phone....what now?

Last edited:

mkmck

Feb 1, 2011
I flashed my phone with this update and that's it - no hard reset, wipe data etc. Everything works great :) I think a little bit faster than the 2.2. Asphalt 6 works much better in menu and garage :D

jambo89liam

Mar 25, 2010
has anyone succeeded with an over the air update, thinking of restoring my nand backup and reverting to UK sbf and then trying that.

gabri741

Jul 27, 2010
Paris
Flashing stock ROM via RSDLite right now... I will update via Motorola Update and wipe /data and /cache partition ASAP. I hope it will solve the phone's slugginess... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to give this a go on an Australian phone, here are the things you need to do to get the keyboard working properly (so it doesn't type like a UK keyboard, with Euro/Pound instead of Tab/Dollar):
    • Download the attached file
    • Download the UK retail version of the ROM
    • Download and install the Android SDK (you need ADB) (including Java JDK if required)
    • Flash UK ROM
    • Restore to default settings
    • Use GingerBreak earlier in the thread to root your phone
    • Open a command prompt and change directory to the where you installed Android SDK. Open the android-sdk\platform-tools directory. This is where ADB is located.
    • Enable USB debugging and plug your phone in
    • At the command prompt type "adb shell"
    • Make sure your phone screen is on. At the command prompt type "su", press enter and accept the SU request on the phone.
    • At the command prompt type "mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system"
    • At the command prompt type "cd /system/usr"
    • At the command prompt type "chmod 777 keylayout"
    • At the command prompt type "chmod 777 keychars"
    • At the command prompt type "rm keylayout/umts_milestone2-keypad.kl"
    • At the command prompt type "rm keychars/umts_milestone2-keypad.kcm.bin"
    • At the command prompt type "exit", then type "exit" again
    • Back at the windows command prompt, type "adb push <full path using /s>/umts_milestone2-keypad.kl" "/system/usr/keylayout/umts_milestone2-keypad.kl"
    • At the windows command prompt, type "adb push <full path using /s>/umts_milestone2-keypad.kcm.bin" "/system/usr/keychars/umts_milestone2-keypad.kcm.bin"
    • Then start up ADB again by typing adb shell
    • Make sure your phone screen is on. At the command prompt type "su", press enter and accept the SU request on the phone.
    • At the command prompt type "cd /system/usr"
    • At the command prompt type "chmod 755 keylayout"
    • At the command prompt type "chmod 755 keychars"
    • At the command prompt type "mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system"
    • At the command prompt type "exit", then type "exit" again

And you're done. Phew. Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes in that. Worst comes to worst, reflash the same way you did with the new firmware using original Optus firmware (which of course you made sure you had before you played with your phone, right????) and then reset to defaults and you should be fine.

Hopefully that will save some of you the few hours it took me to work this out.

New ROM seems faster than the default Optus firmware (and I haven't even removed the **** from it yet). Hopefully I won't have any radio trouble (so far so good). Enjoy folks (and screw waiting for bloody Motorola to put out their updates so slowly)!

(Note: This process should work for any phone keyboard version. If you want to do it, while your phone is still on stock firmware use the "adb pull" command to download your .kcm.bin and .kl file and substitute those for the ones in the file I attached).

Don't forget to hit "thanks" if I helped you :-D. I often wonder if anyone gets any use out of these things when I go to the trouble of posting them. If you like them, be sure to let me know!
    Motorola provides new update for MM2 few hours ago. Check the link below.

"There's an update available for your Milestone 2 via the MSU (Motorola Software Update) service and/or OTA (Over the air).

The regions/providers are:

- O2 Germany (OTA and MSU)
    - Retail DACH (MSU only)
    - Retail France (MSU only)
    - Retail UK (MSU only)
    - Vodafone Germany (OTA and MSU)

The MSU installation package is available at this URL: www motorola com / update

I'cant post the links because lack of post count :(

supportforums motorola com/message/379926

"Release Notes:

Software update for the Motorola Milestone ™ 2

Introduction

This is a software update for Motorola Milestone™ 2 users who are currently using software
    versions 2.2.13, 2.2.16 or 2.3.4. This new software package will update Motorola Milestone™ 2
    phones to software version 2.4.24 and will provide several improvements to device performance.
    For optimal performance, we encourage you to download and install this latest software update.
    For more information on your Motorola Milestone™ 2, visit us at
    www motorola com/mymilestone2.

Who can use this release?
    Only for Motorola MILESTONE™ 2 users

Highlights
    After downloading and installing the software update, you will notice:

Phone and call stability: Improved stability, resulting in fewer occurrences of unresponsiveness and/or programs closing unexpectedly.

Updated Google Android Applications: This enhancement provides an updated version of Google Mobile Services apps.

Improved phone performance: Performance improvements for touch screen, proximity sensor and the ambient light sensor .

Improved security: This enhancement contains new Google security patches.

Instructions for installing software

For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update while the battery in your
    phone is at least 50% charged. Make sure you have an active SIM card installed in your phone.

Go to www motorola com/update for instructions on how to download the software update
    If you have difficulty with this update, visit us at www motorola com/mymilestone2 "
    Is this update still rootable?

Yes but with SuperOneClick, not with z4root
    I've successfuly updated my phone.
    I just had to rollback using the sbf file ^^
    Is there RSD Lite for Linux?
    Yes:sbf_flash
    Is work great from root.