EVO 4G hits Sprint's EOL list... :(

Search This thread

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
What's the significance of EOL? Just simply that you won't be able to purchase them new anymore?

Wow, I got my Evo launch day 6/4/10, and have never had it replaced or had any of the hardware issues I've seen others complain about/report. I love my Evo. ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

willy900wonka

Dec 14, 2009
Penguinville
What's the significance of EOL? Just simply that you won't be able to purchase them new anymore?

Wow, I got my Evo launch day 6/4/10, and have never had it replaced or had any of the hardware issues I've seen others complain about/report. I love my Evo. ;)

+1
It has the best screen aspect ratio, and great visual resolution (biggest icons).
Just did a speed test compared to the 3d it sends and receives twice as fast.
If HTC and Sprint don't have a line item replacement with the same characteristics ... see ya later.

brad560

Apr 6, 2011
Houston
sad, to say the least. my evo is coming up on it's first birthday :), i may wanna grab one more brand new before it disappears into sprint heaven.......

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
One of the greatest phones mankind has seen. Or held. Experienced. *tear*

Sent from my

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
It's perhaps their best seller up until the iPhone 4S and new Samsung Galaxy phones came in.

I just had to have mine replaced and sadly ended up with a refurbished one. No biggie though. The EVO 4G is perhaps the best phone they've had at Sprint. I can't wait to see if there's a new HTC phone announced during the MWC for Sprint.

Reactions: wfussner

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
I device 'truly' hits EOL when the development stops, and I mean we have ICS. We're good to go for a while guys.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
October 2011 called they want their news back lol, evo 4g went eol just before Halloween meaning no new shipments of phones from HTC only leftover stock of new phones rest are all refurbs

We are legion, for we are many.

Reactions: fitz420

JayStation3

Nov 22, 2010
Houston,Tx
yeah, okay bud....

October 2011 called they want their news back lol, evo 4g went eol just before Halloween meaning no new shipments of phones from HTC only leftover stock of new phones rest are all refurbs

Guess my crystal ball was broken, but either way - that link was posted on the web the same day I posted in this post. Dated January 25, 2012 7:57 am. Don't you think if it was on the list back around Halloween, SOMEONE else would have posted it SOMEPLACE on XDA??? I do, and its not anywhere...

Moving on, and I quote - "the latest leaked EOL list is coming from Sprint and has a few key devices included."

Get over it dude, I was just passing on the info.... you're welcome...

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Speaks to the level of badassery of the Evo. EOLd TWICE! :eek:

Last edited:

SilverStone641

Jul 1, 2009
Dallas
Sad to see. I've had the same Evo since day 1. Love this darn phone. But, luckily, like the other posters have said, as long as the devs here keep developing for it, it's not EOL. At least until the Galaxy Nexus is available!

mentalcase87

Dec 15, 2008
I am just curious what they would replace with it, I have to get mine replaced so now I know to do it ASAP. Does any where keep track of what ends up becoming the replacement device if one becomes damaged after EOL and they have depleted there refurb stock.

ThrowingKs

Jul 11, 2010
Guess my crystal ball was broken, but either way - that link was posted on the web the same day I posted in this post. Dated January 25, 2012 7:57 am. Don't you think if it was on the list back around Halloween, SOMEONE else would have posted it SOMEPLACE on XDA??? I do, and its not anywhere...

Moving on, and I quote - "the latest leaked EOL list is coming from Sprint and has a few key devices included."

Get over it dude, I was just passing on the info.... you're welcome...

It was posted someplace on XDA back then. I made reference to it in this post back in Sept.:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17912172&postcount=18073

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I believe the HD2 was the first 4+" screen, nearly identical HW to Evo. In fact, devs have WinMo (native), Android 2.2,2.3, & 4.0, AND Ubuntu/Linux, and WinPhone7 running on it (multi boot)!!! Pretty amazing stuff, there.

But still, yeah, the Evo has been one wicked machine. And we were lucky with amazing devs from day 1 (toast, virus, lithid, etc). Its been fun. And continues to be, with devs still bringing ICS to it/us.

And post about EOLd twice due to badassery.....lol nice ;)

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I am just curious what they would replace with it, I have to get mine replaced so now I know to do it ASAP. Does any where keep track of what ends up becoming the replacement device if one becomes damaged after EOL and they have depleted there refurb stock.

Asurion has been replacing them with Evo 3ds, in many cases. There's a thread here in General about exactly that, just saw it yesterday. And apparently sprint has sent letters to 30,000 customers/ex-customers trying to get some Evo 4gs back to use for refurb. Lol (I personally prefer the OG to the 3d by far,..don't like the narrow screen or materials used on 3d).

JDM Civic EG8

Sep 16, 2010
Houston
OnePlus 7 Pro
I believe the HD2 was the first 4+" screen, nearly identical HW to Evo. In fact, devs have WinMo (native), Android 2.2,2.3, & 4.0, AND Ubuntu/Linux, and WinPhone7 running on it (multi boot)!!! Pretty amazing stuff, there.

But still, yeah, the Evo has been one wicked machine. And we were lucky with amazing devs from day 1 (toast, virus, lithid, etc). Its been fun. And continues to be, with devs still bringing ICS to it/us.

Tell me about it I miss that phone alot haha. It was so cool Dec 30th 2010 when we were finally able to run Android on nand. I showed that phone off alot. Windows phone running Android haha.

Then later down the line CLK recovery came out so the phone would go from splash screen straight to boot animation no more MAGLDR screen haha.
But before that I was hooked on Energy winmo roms. Good days...

Evo is still an awesome phone no complaints what so ever. We have Roms for days.
Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!

Reactions: scottspa74

PhxkinMassacre

Dec 4, 2010
Lemont
i don't care what anyone says this phone is revolutionary and in my mind still the best on the market and until they make a new evo that has the same screen size (not skinny like the 3d) and keep the look almost exactly the same as the 4g we all know and love this will be my phone of choice :')

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's perhaps their best seller up until the iPhone 4S and new Samsung Galaxy phones came in.

I just had to have mine replaced and sadly ended up with a refurbished one. No biggie though. The EVO 4G is perhaps the best phone they've had at Sprint. I can't wait to see if there's a new HTC phone announced during the MWC for Sprint.

Tell me about it I miss that phone alot haha. It was so cool Dec 30th 2010 when we were finally able to run Android on nand. I showed that phone off alot. Windows phone running Android haha.

Then later down the line CLK recovery came out so the phone would go from splash screen straight to boot animation no more MAGLDR screen haha.
    But before that I was hooked on Energy winmo roms. Good days...

Evo is still an awesome phone no complaints what so ever. We have Roms for days.
    Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!

If I remember right, the WHITE evo was EOLed in October - the bad-ass black one held on until now.