[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [d2vzw]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH
About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
screen2s.jpg
screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
screen5s.jpg
screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
screen8s.jpg
screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Last edited:

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] » Feb 6

First baby!! Sweet!!

sent from my blue police box flying through time!!!

Twisted politiks

Jul 16, 2010
Southern California

Glad to see the Carbon ROM is out. I'll be downloading tonight and installing tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it runs.

Sent from my SGS III baked with LiquidSmooth 4.2.1 Beta 3.1

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta

Congrats on getting this up and moving forward. I look forward!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Castanoff

Aug 21, 2012

Does this have the option for lockscreen rotation?

trbman

May 9, 2012
Berlin, NJ

I'm excited to try this out over the weekend. Someone report back with some feedback if they flash it sooner.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using the XDA App

bigee1212

Sep 19, 2010

Nice job.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

luv2increase

May 22, 2010

Wow I commend Liquid for bringing linaro to the Verizon GS3. Now, I commend Team Carbon for building off Liquid's work and bringing this ROM to us performance flash junkies :)

Awesome work guys!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
Wow I commend Liquid for bringing linaro to the Verizon GS3. Now, I commend Team Carbon for building off Liquid's work and bringing this ROM to us performance flash junkies :)

Awesome work guys!!!

Agreed Liquid did a great job! How come he's not getting any credit for this? Not trolling, I believe credit should go to where it's due... Even the github says LiquidSmooth...

Reactions: cordell12

prototype7

Apr 16, 2012
New Hampshire

I'm excited to try this out over the weekend. Someone report back with some feedback if they flash it sooner.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using the XDA App

Haven't flashed this newest one just yet, but it's great, and very stable. Tons more settings and customization than liquid, and I haven't found a single bug yet. :thumbup:

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi

Awesome work guys!!!

You seem to have got your facts wrong there...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi

Agreed Liquid did a great job! How come he's not getting any credit for this? Not trolling, I believe credit should go to where it's due... Even the github says LiquidSmooth...

We will give credit where its due, be assured.

nocoast

Sep 10, 2011
Chicago

Awesome work guys!!!

Thanks man, I actually implemented most of the linaro optimizations especially the more recent ones, in fact a lot of my commits have been getting merged/used in project unicorn butter, the project liquid0624 tracks upstream on his Git in order to compile with GCC 4.7 in the first place ...it was our manifest...sadly he didn't see it this wah and thus you have team carbon ^_^

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Read my above response, the same applies to the rest of the manifest

Reactions: mindflayyer

monkeypunch35

Jun 23, 2012
Just flashed Carbon. Looks good. Tons of options, a few more then Liquid. I have flashed about 10 different ROMs tonight, looking to find one to use this weekend. Carbon is certainly on the short list. I played with a couple of different features, and have had no errors yet. Looks like wireless tether is working, but haven't tested BT yet. Thanks for the hard work.

Reactions: nocoast

Deltadood24

Dec 1, 2011

Badass! :D flashing this when I get home

juancaperez2000

Jul 22, 2010
Hyattsville

Thanks for this release Team Carbon i just want to ask if rom is running latest RIL and also masta's APN commit, im on my way to flash it

cali4nia831

Dec 12, 2010
thx cant wait to try this out ! Can we get a different DL mirror tho ? its taking forever to download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.

Kejars talking about an update that's the fastest he's seen aosp. Granted it's on the note 2 but hopefully it will carry over

It will..great things are coming. Just be patient guys next release will be worth the wait! :D

Sup people :)

Thank you for your appreciation of our hard work. :) There are loads of more goodies coming your way, both ROM related as well as \m/ related ;)

i hope so and i hope carbon implements it into their rom asap! it would be great. been with carbon since day one and never left! love it!
    We hope to have it implemented quickly as well once it drops. Leave our wives and children to fend for themselves and go 100% on the rom lol