Vivid charge port and audio port: some questions

Search This thread

projectisaac

Jan 7, 2014
Hey all,
I have replaced the charge port once already on my vivid, as it would no longer connect to a computer, and while the replacement worked wonderful, I noticed that after a couple months it got looser (cord wasn't anchored in as well) like the one I replaced, until one of the pins bent inward. I attempted to pull it back out but that just broke it off.

Are there any charge ports I can get that are more... Life proof or me-proof? More so than the original one.

Also, my audio port is being very picky about when it thinks there is a cord in it, making playing music in my car a hassle. Is Is his happening happening anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? Are there replacement audio jacks, or do I need to replace the whole case?

Thanks for whoever can point me in the right direction!

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G using XDA Free mobile app

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
Hey all,
I have replaced the charge port once already on my vivid, as it would no longer connect to a computer, and while the replacement worked wonderful, I noticed that after a couple months it got looser (cord wasn't anchored in as well) like the one I replaced, until one of the pins bent inward. I attempted to pull it back out but that just broke it off.

Are there any charge ports I can get that are more... Life proof or me-proof? More so than the original one.

Also, my audio port is being very picky about when it thinks there is a cord in it, making playing music in my car a hassle. Is Is his happening happening anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? Are there replacement audio jacks, or do I need to replace the whole case?

Thanks for whoever can point me in the right direction!

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G using XDA Free mobile app
Lesson learned by me...

Spend at least $12 on your port...

I replaced 2 cuz I bought a $5 one and it lasted about 2 months...

The $12 one I bought lasted till the phone no longer took a charge... Got another year by buying that charge port and a $15 3500mah battery at the same time

projectisaac

Jan 7, 2014
Thank you, I've since bought another ~$15 port and it's doing fine so far. I also got my 3.5mm audio port working just fine again! I cleaned it out using a paperclip and got loads of dust and rubbish out of it, and now it's fine. Unfortunately the touchscreen doesn't work properly in a few areas, and reseating the flex cable did not resolve that issue, so I'm thinking I may upgrade to an Asus Zenfone 2 (still can't believe it's running an intel chip). Still gonna grab a new digitizer and repair, but my poor Vivid is getting pretty sluggish with my usage, and its age doesn't make it an appealing device to develop for, so the PAC rom is the newest we're gonna get for an OS.

Definitely gonna figure out a way to use it as a security cam though :)

Reactions: rignfool

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you, I've since bought another ~$15 port and it's doing fine so far. I also got my 3.5mm audio port working just fine again! I cleaned it out using a paperclip and got loads of dust and rubbish out of it, and now it's fine. Unfortunately the touchscreen doesn't work properly in a few areas, and reseating the flex cable did not resolve that issue, so I'm thinking I may upgrade to an Asus Zenfone 2 (still can't believe it's running an intel chip). Still gonna grab a new digitizer and repair, but my poor Vivid is getting pretty sluggish with my usage, and its age doesn't make it an appealing device to develop for, so the PAC rom is the newest we're gonna get for an OS.

Definitely gonna figure out a way to use it as a security cam though :)