[Q] Charging and Ports on the Nook

Search This thread

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN
Hi all,

I purchased a used Nook HD+, and have already began reading threads here about how to root it, etc. I have rooted my last two HTC phones with help from XDA, so look forward to being part of this Nook community as well.

My Nook is still in transit right now, but I already know it is missing the charger and cable, so I'm trying to determine whether I need to purchase replacements, or whether I could use standard micro-USB cables and phone chargers. I see an HDMI port listed as being on the Nook, but does it have micro-USB as well? Like I said, mine is still in transit, so I can't look myself. Any idea if a standard Android phone charger would suffice? If I need a dedicated/proprietary charger and cable, I wanted to go ahead and order them even though my Nook hasn't arrived yet.

I appreciate any help. TIA

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
It does not have a standard microUSB port. It uses a proprietary connector and charger. Look in the accessories forum to see sources.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdjohn

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN
It does not have a standard microUSB port. It uses a proprietary connector and charger. Look in the accessories forum to see sources.

Thanks. I had forgotten there was a B&N store nearby, so I actually went in today at lunch and was able to check one out in person. The plug is reminiscent of an iPod/iPhone. I usually shop on eBay for cables and chargers, so will probably go that route.

Goggles2114

Mar 13, 2013
Thanks. I had forgotten there was a B&N store nearby, so I actually went in today at lunch and was able to check one out in person. The plug is reminiscent of an iPod/iPhone. I usually shop on eBay for cables and chargers, so will probably go that route.

The problem is the nook HD/+ is NOT compatible with iPhone accessories.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.