[DISCONTINUED][ROM][4.4.2 - UEU2CNE2][N5110] Terok Nor v3 Release 6 - 06/30

Search This thread

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey

Thanks!!! Downloading now, will post back:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

That did it Mr Hyde!!!!:highfive: I was even able to download and install from my drop box. I didn't even have to sign in- it accepted that I was signed in already from the samsung account. I am playing it now. Rock Ballads- You probably think I just wasted your time..lol:laugh: I will explore other stations, don't worry!! Thank you sooooo much :D

Now if I can figure out how to fix the ext sd card to make it writable that kitkat broke I will be in business!!!
**********************************************************************************************

Well, persistence is my friend tonite. Fixed the ext sd card problem with an app from the play store- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix
Currently backing up to my external sd card- unfortunately I formatted it thinking that would help before I knew it was a rom problem on stock samsung roms. So now I will copy all my back up stuff from my sd card. A long slow process.....
and my Milk Music is working too!!

*****************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your time and patience with this problem Mr Hyde!:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBot96

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
Thanks!!! Downloading now, will post back:fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

That did it Mr Hyde!!!!:highfive: I was even able to download and install from my drop box. I didn't even have to sign in- it accepted that I was signed in already from the samsung account. I am playing it now. Rock Ballads- You probably think I just wasted your time..lol:laugh: I will explore other stations, don't worry!! Thank you sooooo much :D

Now if I can figure out how to fix the ext sd card to make it writable that kitkat broke I will be in business!!!
**********************************************************************************************

Well, persistence is my friend tonite. Fixed the ext sd card problem with an app from the play store- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix
Currently backing up to my external sd card- unfortunately I formatted it thinking that would help before I knew it was a rom problem on stock samsung roms. So now I will copy all my back up stuff from my sd card. A long slow process.....
and my Milk Music is working too!!

*****************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your time and patience with this problem Mr Hyde!:eek:

Glad you got it working :highfive:

Reactions: sashusmom

addison892

Sep 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
Side load?

MrHyde, currently my N5110 is bricked. I am going to try ADB tonight and need a good ROM to start with.
I ignorantly bricked on my first flash after rooting, so I don't believe I have any ROM, including stock, installed. I am boot looping to recovery and not able to see the Samsung splash screen.
If you think this ROM will work, I will use it.
Thank you.

Last edited:

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
MrHyde, currently my N5110 is bricked. I am going to try ADB tonight and need a good ROM to start with.
I ignorantly bricked on my first flash after rooting, so I don't believe I have any ROM, including stock, installed. I am boot looping to recovery and not able to see the Samsung splash screen.
If you think this ROM will work, I will use it.
Thank you.

I suggest downloading a stock ODIN image from sammobile and flash in ODIN. This will get you back to 100% factory stock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

addison892

Sep 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
I suggest downloading a stock ODIN image from sammobile and flash in ODIN. This will get you back to 100% factory stock.

Thank you for the quick response. I have tried that first. Odin keeps giving me a FAIL! right after starting at the sboot.bin or NAVY WRITE section.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yeeahnick

Aug 3, 2011
No problem. It was a pleasure but I've moved on to the Galaxy S5 and only have time for 1 device :good:
Civato's ROM is excellent and doubt mine will be missed at all haha.

nice enjoy your S5, ill think of you when its my turn to change phones =)

I actually prefer your rom its closer to stock, civatos has too much custom stuff, i like his kernel a lot though hehe. I might give his rom another try eventually but everything running great already so i dont see any benefits hehe

Reactions: BigBot96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

rominfo_0000_Terok%20Nor.jpg

home.png
    androidLkeyboard.png

milk.png
    kindlefs.png

***Disclaimer***
    I am not responsible if you break your stuff. Use at own risk!

I am not a developer and do not pretend to be one. I'm an Android enthusiast.

Why no Aroma?
    Because I've made this ROM to my liking for myself, removing apps I'd never use. I have no need for a customized installer. I'm sharing this with you all because I'm sure there's somebody else who wants a simple, optimized ROM with the basic, stable features. If you want more options or customizations, this ROM isn't for you.

No complaints
    I do this in my spare time.

Special requests
    I'll accept special requests, but that doesn't mean they'll come true.

Bug Reports
    Bug reports are welcome! Keep in mind: This is mostly stock and most bugs will be official firmware bugs.

Updates will come along when I have time and when I see something I'd like changed :good:

rominfo_0001_ROM%20INFO.jpg

ROM: Terok Nor
    Based on UEU2CNE2 US Official Firmware
    DeKnoxed system and kernel
    Deodexed
    build.prop improvements
    Slimmed down
    Busybox
    AOSP 4.4 KitKat system sounds
    Added AOSP 4.4 ringtones, alarms, notifications, and UI sounds
    Removed power on sound
    Custom, smaller S Pen pointer
    Scrolling Wallpaper enabled in SecLauncher3.apk (TouchWiz Launcher)
    Android L Keyboard
    Galaxy S5 Boot Animation
    SELinux: Permissive

Special Feature: @civato SphereKat blazing fast kernel with S Pen fix! For more info on his kernel, please see the SphereKat thread!

rominfo_0002_Additional%20Features.jpg

milk.png
    Samsung Milk Music - Powered by Slacker
    - Milk is supposedly available for all Galaxy devices, except it's not available for all Galaxy devices. I've added it here for you all to enjoy :)

kindlefs.png
    Amazon Kindle for Samsung

Special Note:
    * Images are copyright to their respective owners

rominfo_0003_Requirements.jpg

A GT-N5110
    One of the latest recoveries that supports Andoird 4.4. I recommend the latest PhilZ recovery: Found here, flash in ODIN

Bootloader upgrade: With Civato's SphereKat kernel, the 4.4 bootloader upgrade is no longer required!

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.. STOP HERE!

rominfo_0004_Installation.jpg

A full wipe is only necessary if coming from a different ROM, including Terok Nor v2. All updates to v3 r1+ can be dirty flashed (unless otherwise noted).
    1. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!
    2. Flash
    3. Reboot

(click the image ^)​

MD5 hash: 25e41bad0695fc543dd75bde681fefb0

Don't forget to hit the thanks button!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Terok Nor v3, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors
    MrHyde03
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.4.2 Bootloader and TZ
    Based On: UEU2CNE2 Official 4.4.2

Version Information

Created 2014-05-26
    Last Updated 2014-08-18
    R5 will come tomorrow

rominfo_0006_Change%20Log.jpg

2014-06-30
    Release 6
    Added Android L Keyboard!
    Added Galaxy S5 Boot Animation
    Updated @civato 's SphereKat to v4.0

2014-06-10
    Release 5
    Removed S Note 3.1 (If you want, the install this APK S Note 3.1 APK
    Rebuild on UEU2CNE2 US Official Firmware (XAR)
    Now released with @civato's SphereKat kernel! Make sure you hit THANKS in his SphereKat thread and send him a beer!
    Bootloader upgrade: With Civato's SphereKat kernel, the 4.4 bootloader upgrade is no longer required!

2014-05-28
    Release 4
    Deodexed /system/app, /system/framework, and /system/priv-app

2014-05-27
    Release 3
    Corrected issues brought on by R2 where the device would not boot after a clean flash.

2014-05-26
    Release 2
    Enabled Scrolling wallpaper in SecLauncher3.apk (TouchWiz Launcher)
    Corrected Text Cursor offset in framework-res.apk, Thanks Civato

2014-05-26
    Release 1
    Initial release

rominfo_0007_Thanks.jpg

Civato
    All others who've made modding Android possible

rominfo_0008_Donations.jpg

Thanks to all who have donated :) I hope I can continue bringing a stable, smooth experience to the great people here at XDA :good:
    Each * represents an additional donation! Much appreciated!!

rfb813 *
    Ok.... the wife is feeling MUCH better now. Going to put some time into Terok Nor this weekend! I'm also considering a name change.. :)
    There are currently two versions of S Note installed. The orange-red icon is the new version which is available on the GS5 as a "Galaxy ESSENTIAL". The brown icon is the stock Note 8 version. I may remove one of them in future updates.

STOCK KERNEL AND RECOVERY
    Download this zip file and extract. The kernel (boot) and recovery are in their own .tar.md5 archives. Flash each in ODIN.