[ROM] Rock Steady / CM7 (GingerSense) (5-1-11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
A

AspenTree

Rock Steady / CM7 (GingerSense) (5-1-11)

BEFORE READING ON, MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY!!!​

Who is Rock Steady for?/About Rock Steady

Looking for the faster 2.3.3 hero cdma rom with HTC Sense Theme??!?! This is just for you!!! This rom is a developed by me and cyanogenmod and the cyanogenmod team. The name inspired by the Rock Steady Break bboy crew. They are the original bboy crew that inspired future generations to breakdance like myself, but yet they remain true to the dance. That short explanation reminds of this rom and how android went from 1.5 to 2.3.3 but this rom remains original to the default theme of android when you first bought your phone from sprint, sense ui framework. If you can't tell by now I like to breakdance so that is the basis of where the name came from. Please read on for more information.

What Needs Work?
- modify the lock screen pattern to have that same green streak like sense's lock screen pattern does
- modify the lock screen and notification bar "sprint" text to say either "gingersense" or "heroc"
- also i need to include a super circle battery mod as extra for those of you who would like a super circle battery instead of the sprint battery (coming soon :D)

Instructions:

1. Backup EVERYTHING (SD Card, Titanium Backup, Nandroid)

2. Wipe EVERYTHING (Data/Factory Rest, Wipe Cache, Format Boot, System, Cache, and Data, Wipe Dalvik)

3. Download and Copy RockSteady & Gapps to your sdcard

Get Rock Steady Here

Get Gapps Here

4. Flash RockSteady and Gapps and Reboot

5. Skips gapps setup and reboot into recovery and wipe data, cache, and dalvik again

6. reboot into system

7. After setting up gapps, in the menu > sense settings > ui setting > check tint ab and make the scale factor 1 instead of 7

8.Press menu > add > custom shortcut > then click the phone icon and use es file explorer and choose the transparent.png I provided for you on the root of your SD card. Change the activity to say phone by pressing pick your activity > applications > phone. Okay the custom widget and the drag and drop it over the phone button. Do the same for right sense dock button (choose a custom activity of your choice)

9. Add the sense clock by using the fancy widget widget i provided for you.

10. Press menu > settings > cyanogenmod settings > lockscreen > style options > lockscreen style > lense. This is the new modified lockscreen I've been working on Its not perfect yet but it's a start. This is just my way of saving you a few bucks from buying a lockscreen from the market. Although, if you'd like a sense-like lockscreen which looks slightly different from the stock lockscreen (in terms of shading/brightness/darkness), please see here about widgetlocker. Please purchase this app from the market to use as the sense lockscreen. I REALLY RECOMMEND IT. And you can easily disable the default lockscreen once you start using this app by going into the cyanogenmod settings > tablet settings > and checking disable lockscreen.

Screenshots:

See attached...

Change Log/Notes to Self

Code:
3-21

- initial release

4-3

- ditched ntsense and did everything he did on my own with my own icons xml settings and all
- optimized rom
- now updated to rc4 release
- includes a special version of my v1.3 tweak (changed a tad)
- Opera Mini instead of Opera Mobile 10 Beta
- Includes Deca's kernel now
- io scheduler tweaks
- other things i can't remember its 4am and i'm sleepy i've been working on this for over 12 hours straight....

4-4

-fixed reboot problem with flash zip
- now uses v1.4 mp tweaks
- now there are 768 and 691mhz versions because you can't simply just flash v1.4 768mhz version over this rom because it won't go into effect fully because the tweaks in this rom are customized for this rom
- hardware acceleration for ui
- fixed media volume up/down icon
- fixed manual apk install warning icon
- screen state governor switcher :D so this rom is now almost a mp & bl rom (the balance is now like 80/20 with majority of the tweaks being for performance but battery life is still awesome for all the performance gained)
- phone lag is GONE! :D finally got my phone lag script correct for the heroc
- i/o scheduler tweaks helped performance/smoothness  A LOT
- boot time tweak so rom boot in about 20 seconds or less for me after first boot :D

4-5

- changed I/o tweaks
- removed phone lag tweaks because we don't need them
- removed decas kernel because we have no need for it in cm7
- changed saga tweak
- fixed wifi connection issue (stays connected without disconnect longer )
- FIXED REBOOT ISSUE NOW THIS ROM IS ABLE TO BE A DAILY RUNNER 

4-9

- officially eliminated ALL boot problems
- removed kifno tweaks from this rom because i feel that should be the user's choice as to weather they'd like to apply that
- added sense green theme!! now it has sense buttons, green text boxes, and more!
- fixed battery saying its fully charged when only at 90%
- changed settings icons and other minor icon edits
- stuck with aosp notification bar until i figure out how to implement sense notification bar without FC's on every app
- came close on the lock screen VERY VERY close but i need to learn java to complete it so i removed it until i learn java :D
- found a gingersense bootanimation but although it played on the boot process it was too big and the images didn't fit our screen and i don't know how to convert bootanimations to fit different size screens....YET!

4-10

- added custom kifno tweaks to rom
- odexed rom because not much theming left to do
- added gapps to rom
- changed android-sprint-xx in build.prop to android-google-xx in build.prop (for you oostah :D)
- added sense notification bar and icons and fixed all fc's involved with that
- hardware acceleration
- sdcard r/w speed fix applied (my sdcard speed fix is a more improved branch off of brainmaster's sdcard speed fix so that you get the full read/write speeds from your sdcard's class except class 10 cards).

4-21

- FINALLY!!!! this is rom is now self compiled and HEAVILY modified by kifno, myself, from the cyanogenmod gingerbread source files
- framework edits
- added back almost all the gingerbread apps
- included sense wallpapers
- dns tweak (faster internet)
- now has sense fonts
- now has sense ringtones, notification sounds, alarm, and ui sounds
- new sense boot animation (it isn't the stock sprint animation because not all of us use sprint as our carrier)
- new busybox
- optimized our 2D/3D hardware

5-1

- modded the lense lockscreen style to look almost like sense
- minor optimizations
- removed kifno's tweaks so that you have the choice of using it or not
- fixed lockscreen pattern circles
- used latest busybox
- removed the wallpapers (you can easily find them if you'd like)
- menu icons fixed

Rock Steady Credits

Cyanogen + Cyanogenmod Team

Thank you for allowing me use the source to make another gingerbread rom for our hero cdma's​

Code:
[B]JAguirre1231[/B] - Sense Dock
[B]thoughtlesskyle[/B] - MIUI Camera
[B]brainmaster[/B] - sdcard speed fix idea for heroc 
[B]ranger61878[/B] - helping me test framework styles.xml edits when my apktool was not working
[B]Saulcho009[/B] - opengl es 1.1 for the motorola cliq
[B]cypis[/B] - boot animation that i ported

Attachments

• 20110321224708.jpg
    20110321224708.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 6,057
  • 20110321224744.png
    20110321224744.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 5,194
Last edited:

ccrosno

Aug 24, 2010
Indianapolis
OK, installed. Going through the setup instructions on the OP

9. Press Menu > Sense Settings > Sense UI (last step should be >IU Settings)

10. Check Tink AB (Should be Tint AB)

35. Repeat steps 24-34 except for an shortcut of your choice (creating add to homescreen shortcut isn't capable right now) - (Dont really know why or what you are attempting here? Please clarify)

41. Wallapaper (Misspelled)

Your set up is completed.

So far so good. I will let you know when I have My set up completed. Installing stuff.

Can I use A2SD? (I assume I can since it is a GB base)

A

AspenTree

OK, installed. Going through the setup instructions on the OP

9. Press Menu > Sense Settings > Sense UI (last step should be >IU Settings)

10. Check Tink AB (Should be Tint AB)

35. Repeat steps 24-34 except for an shortcut of your choice (creating add to homescreen shortcut isn't capable right now) - (Dont really know why or what you are attempting here? Please clarify)

41. Wallapaper (Misspelled)

Your set up is completed.

So far so good. I will let you know when I have My set up completed. Installing stuff.

Can I use A2SD? (I assume I can since it is a GB base)

Yup or data2ext. If TGF gives me permission I'm going to upload the data2ext fast version :)

A

AspenTree

I have used the data2ext before but my card is only a class 4. Causes much lag. I am fine with just A2sd. Right now I am using Jason's 691 uncapped kernel and it is working fine so far.

That is fine :) also I'm working on my own kernel :) but glad to hear good reports

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
Is this real "HTC Sense" integrated with gingerbread, or is it just a "Sense theme" for gingerbread? I assume by looking at the rom size that it is just a theme. I really like the sense widgets: calendar, messaging,email, etc, but I assume that if it is just a sense theme then those widgets will not be available? I will still download and give it a whirl. Thank you for your hard work!

jasonmaloney

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2010
Lafayette, LA
www.masterjason.com
Is this real "HTC Sense" integrated with gingerbread, or is it just a "Sense theme" for gingerbread? I assume by looking at the rom size that it is just a theme. I really like the sense widgets: calendar, messaging,email, etc, but I assume that if it is just a sense theme then those widgets will not be available? I will still download and give it a whirl. Thank you for your hard work!

It's probably just the themed ADWLauncher and warez version of Fancy Widget that have been floating around.

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
It's probably just the themed ADWLauncher and warez version of Fancy Widget that have been floating around.

Thats what I was thinking. Without the sense widgets, I'll just go back to launcher pro plus, the sense theme doesn't me do me much good in that regards. Other than that the rom looks pretty solid

Last edited:
A

AspenTree

Yeah its just a theme and fancy widget is warez?!?! Since when???

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
Widgets ....I'm on it :) will be a while to work on port

I know that most folks that use Froyo or Gingerbread think that Sense is a dirty word, for some reason I always find myself going back to a sense rom after being on froyo or gingerbread for a while. I really like the interface and widgets. Thank you again for your hardwork

jasonmaloney

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2010
Lafayette, LA
www.masterjason.com
Yeah its just a theme and fancy widget is warez?!?! Since when???

Fancy Widget is not warez. The oudated version that you've included here (the one that you've likely included without license from the creator) was taken off of the Market a long time ago after HTC sent a cease-and-desist letter to the creator for ripping off their work (if you crack open the apk, you can see pretty clearly that he blatantly copied the image resources from the original). It was later re-released after a code rewrite, sans the ripped-off bits.

Reactions: PTown599
A

AspenTree

Fancy Widget is not warez. The oudated version that you've included here (the one that you've likely included without license from the creator) was taken off of the Market a long time ago after HTC sent a cease-and-desist letter to the creator for ripping off their work (if you crack open the apk, you can see pretty clearly that he blatantly copied the image resources from the original). It was later re-released after a code rewrite, sans the ripped-off bits.
Will use that for next release BC I want no problems :) thanks again jason you're the man....or chilli pepper ;)

A

AspenTree

I know that most folks that use Froyo or Gingerbread think that Sense is a dirty word, for some reason I always find myself going back to a sense rom after being on froyo or gingerbread for a while. I really like the interface and widgets. Thank you again for your hardwork

No problem but my hardest work /problem I'm going to face is Widgets but I like challenges :)

JakedGr8

Aug 18, 2009
wait, hold up.

So this is gingerbread 2.3.3 with an HTC Sense theme over it? does stuff work?! If texting, calling, and teh netz works, I'm down for trying this out.

~ Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts