[HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe

Search This thread

fundoozzz

Sep 21, 2011
New Delhi
hi everyone, just one question: What have i to do? I flashed the cm9 beta4 on my p500 there wasn't baseband, it said unknown baseband. So i went to the thread to read about baseband, and in the first post it said:"rom will be only new baseband 'cause cyanogenmod support it natively!" i downloaded the v20g baseband and put the baseband on the phone following step by step your instructions (i did this process few days ago with cm7 and all went good), and now i'm stuck in emergency mode and lgmdp in timeout after 20 min of amsss burnig. I didn't touch anything as you said..

What i have to do now? Unplug the usb and reboot?

Edit: I unplugged the phone and kdz doesn't work.. The phone is bricked

i had already read it somewhere in cm9 thread....
Do not flash baseband while on cm9 as while phone gets restarted, it isn't recognised in cm9

Reactions: Echelonex

Echelonex

Sep 25, 2011
Dok should put in first post "not to update BB while on CM9".

I flashed new baseband while i was in Perfect peso2.2 and it got a bunch off errors, but after clicking ok it said download successful, but the phone stayed shut down so i needed to unplug it and turn it on. On first boot it bas black screen with bunch of white letters saying some kind of error and phone restarted and after that it booted normaly, and everything worked well, exept that in baseband there were just a few strange symbols and not baseband version! :confused:

Anyhow, then i flashed ICS beta 4 and in baseband version it says: V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009? Is it right??? I thought it should be v20g, but gsm works regardless...o_O So i tried updating my BB once more and everything went ok without errors this time, exept when it finished, phone was again off so i needed to unplug it and turn it on, but it still says baseband v07u???:confused:
It all works well but is this a problem?:confused:

Last edited:

fundoozzz

Sep 21, 2011
New Delhi
Dok should put in first post "not to update BB while on CM9".

I flashed new baseband while i was in Perfect peso2.2 and it got a bunch off errors, but after clicking ok it said download successful, but the phone stayed shut down so i needed to unplug it and turn it on. On first boot it bas black screen with bunch of white letters saying some kind of error and phone restarted and after that it booted normaly, and everything worked well, exept that in baseband there were just a few strange symbols and not baseband version! :confused:

Anyhow, then i flashed ICS beta 4 and in baseband version it says: V07u-000-000-MAR-23-2009? Is it right??? I thought it should be v20g, but gsm works regardless...o_O So i tried updating my BB once more and everything went ok without errors this time, exept when it finished, phone was again off so i needed to unplug it and turn it on, but it still says baseband v07u???:confused:
It all works well but is this a problem?:confused:

Strange symbols in baseband is normal, its a ROM problem,
n dont worry abt what it shows in basbeband version till gsm is working....:D

normal73

Feb 8, 2012
eb7ba8167d6f426baec6ee8.png

:( i cant do this. Please Help :(

Bennji

Feb 4, 2011
Liverpool
Hi everyone, just one question: what have I to do? I flashed the cm9 beta4 on my p500 there wasn't baseband, it said UNKNOWN baseband. So I went to the thread to read about baseband, and in the first post it said:"ROM WILL BE ONLY NEW BASEBAND 'CAUSE CYANOGENMOD SUPPORT IT NATIVELY!" I downloaded the v20g baseband and put the baseband on the phone following step by step your instructions (i did this process few days ago with cm7 and all went good), and now i'm stuck in emergency mode and lgmdp in timeout after 20 min of amsss burnig. I didn't touch anything as you said..

what i have to do now? unplug the usb and reboot?

edit: i unplugged the phone and kdz doesn't work.. the phone is bricked

I have done exactly what you have done and stuck on TIMOUT after 20odd minutes, how do I get out of this?

HELP

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I have done exactly what you have done and stuck on TIMOUT after 20odd minutes, how do I get out of this?

HELP

It's now moved to 'Download end' with 'Error! AMSS' written at the bottom.

Phone is still in Emergency Mode.

What next?

Bennji

Feb 4, 2011
Liverpool

HELP

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

It's now moved to 'Download end' with 'Error! AMSS' written at the bottom.

Phone is still in Emergency Mode.

What next?

Can I assume that due to the lack of response that I am now the proud owner of a plastic frisby?

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Can I assume that due to the lack of response that I am now the proud owner of a plastic frisby?

Umm I don't know but I don't think so. I can't help sorry, but I'm sure I have seen posts in this thread that tell how to recover from this situation. But it might have been another thread, I suggest you look through all the thread titles in the Q+A section and post in one that looks relevant. Make sure to quote your posts here and mention the lack of response, so that you don't get flamed for double-posting.

Good luck bro.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

Bennji

Feb 4, 2011
Liverpool
Hi everyone, just one question: what have I to do? I flashed the cm9 beta4 on my p500 there wasn't baseband, it said UNKNOWN baseband. So I went to the thread to read about baseband, and in the first post it said:"ROM WILL BE ONLY NEW BASEBAND 'CAUSE CYANOGENMOD SUPPORT IT NATIVELY!" I downloaded the v20g baseband and put the baseband on the phone following step by step your instructions (i did this process few days ago with cm7 and all went good), and now i'm stuck in emergency mode and lgmdp in timeout after 20 min of amsss burnig. I didn't touch anything as you said..

what i have to do now? unplug the usb and reboot?

edit: i unplugged the phone and kdz doesn't work.. the phone is bricked

I did the same as you and thought my phone was bricked, I tried this and it really worked, my phone is back from the dead.

Beware, it may not work first time, it certainly didn't for me but keep trying and it will eventually.

Edit - forgot to add the link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883314&highlight=last+chance+to+repair

Last edited:

j3toxic

Aug 16, 2011
Guyz..
Will i loose my root rights after flashing this new baseband ?

and also can i flash directly the NightlyFourE V4.6 Final on my o1??

Thnxx ! :)

j3toxic

Aug 16, 2011
M really in a serios Problem. Plz Help Me Out!! :(

I Dont know if i m on new BB or not...
I will tell wht i Did.

I did everything correctly what was said.(But i got only warning 2 Times and not 3 as mentioned).
My Phone got Switched off after "Download Complete" came. I waited long.
Then I tried to manually start my phone but it didnt started. Then i removd the Usb Cable and pressed the power button.It Started but when i flashed the "NightlyFourE v4.6 Final" m not getting any network n other.
I dont know if m on new bb or not ?

And today when i again tried this method, It said "Error! Erase" and was stucked (abt 1/2hr) in emergency mode. Then i removd the battery and cable and started the phone and i was on my current rom...Plz let me know whts happend??

I have attached the screenshot link!
I know there are many who wud help me...plz!!! :)

o2qkhboql

kiraXce

Aug 25, 2011
Space-Time
I tried..but it showed Error Erase after NV Backup...!!
I dont kno about it.
I would try once again but it wont brick my phone ??

well for me, upgrading to new baseband with this method was really a piece of cake...:Dit was the most safest way either, so I was pretty confident that I won't end up with a brick...did u read all the FAQs?? like disabling LG virtual modem and all???
or try upgrading to official GB...u will automatically get the new baseband with that...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P-509 Old Baseband (v10S)

I've noticed that no one on these forums has ever posted the old baseband for us Optimus-T users who applied the new baseband but want to revert to the old baseband given that the old baseband fix is available (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35924286&postcount=2). I finally got around to doing extracting the old baseband files myself (with DZDecrypt) from the v10S KDZ and packaged them with the tool from this thread. This means that a full restore with the stock Froyo ROM is no longer necessary to get the old baseband. Just run the tool in my .zip as you would the tool in the original post to return to the old baseband and flash the old baseband fix to get compatibility with new baseband ROMS.

Will an admin or the OP please place my attachment in the original post so that us Optimus-T users no longer have to go the longer and more dangerous route of a full restore to get the old baseband? Attached is a screenshot of my phone with the old baseband running the Oxygen Gingerbread ROM.

Thanks!
    Reviving a dead P500!

Hi,
    I'd like to share my experience for those having problems with nv2.
    3 days ago, my Optimus One couldn't boot at all. The only working part was the Emergency Mode. KDZ couldn't fix this as it didn't recognize the chipset.
    I used LGDMP and upgraded to V20 Romania, but there was no signal. I figured out that the NV2 was gone! But the good point was that luckily I had backed up my NV2 a few months ago. But I couldn't restore it at all. LGDMP said: "NV2 file doesn't exist". Actually this file should be in a folder named as "_COM_6_". Notice that 6 is the COM port I used in my own PC. Yours might be different. Then create another folder having the same name as your IMEI and put _COM_6_ in it. For example: LGDMP/3540430**********/_COM_20_/NV_P500_20110808-212402.nv2
    But the point is that the NV2 can't be restored while the phone is connected to your PC in Emergency Mode. So all you have to do is to install a ROM, whatever it is (I used CM7), and enable USB Debugging, and then connect it to your PC. Now Open LGDMP and Select Port, and finally NV2 Restore.

I was happy I could bring my dead mobile phone back to life.

I hope this can help you.
    Hossein from Iran!
    Which file should i flash if i want to switch to cm7? If i have to flash p500 v20g baseband to get back to cm7, the name seems to be a misnomer.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
    if I would like to perform only one new baseband upgrade.

is it follow the step to do for 20g baseband - it will done? don't even need to re-flash ROM or my custom rom will gone, and need install back the custom recovery, root access and flash new ROM ?

1) let say now i only want to upgrade to new baseband and maintain current gsnap v2.3 SE. how can i do that step by step?
    assuming now i had done with my nand backup ?

2nd question ) if i'm doing the [HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe by doktornotor.
    after perform the step. do my custom recovery still there?

do i need to re-flash the the entire ROM?

i'm scare to brick my phone, some one can advice me?

thanks

1. follow the first post
    2. yes, recovery will still be there
    YOU CANNOT BRICK YOUR PHONE BY CHANGING BASEBAND
    Does anybody upgraded to 20H baseband which is the latest?if yes then what is the difference between 20G & 20H basebands???

yeah not much difference better 3g and gps lock other then this i didn't find any difference btw a nice battery backup in v20h

Press thanx if i helped you.. :D
    Sent from LG-P500 using xda premium