[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

PythonFanTN

You're not the only one (and others have chimed in still over the last month and a half too). I check in periodically still and would be sad if this thread just completely died. WM6.5 may be all the rage right now, but I'm quite happy/content with 6.1. In fact, when AT&T finally gets around to releasing their Rhodium/TP2 model and I get to a point I can afford to move to it, I may be yet another rare soul, but I hope someone like hill here is around to actually work up a series of 6.1 kitchens for it somehow down the road. I just really don't care for 6.5 all that much. Maybe when 7's released I'll have more interest.

I'll have to download the latest base & kitchen pack updates since I last cooked myself a ROM here and see what's new to play with when I get some time in the next week or two. :)

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
Still using 6.1 via this kitchen and very happy with it at the moment (all things WinMo and 6.1 consdered).

AT&T, according to mobile blogs, will release TP2 and Diamond2 (Fortress,/Warhawk, whatever) on/about October wich is consistant with previous AT&T HTC releases.

I had a AT&T TP2 in my hands for a few minutes, a few weeks ago. WinMo 6.5, TF3D w/ landscape etc., but I didn't have enough time or presence of mind to check for versions etc.

I ran into the AT&T tester again today and he said he had to turn it in to get re-flashed...so I guess the AT&T ROMs are still a work in progress.

Anyway, just want to say thanks again for this kitchen and the caretakers who are keeping it current.

Regards...

nubail raja

Feb 11, 2006
complete replacement of Built-in programs

Very good 6.1 kitchen. as usual great job!
i was wondering is it possible to completely remove the following built-in applications and replace it with as follow

Mail with Webis

Task, calander & contacts with Informant

IE with Opera

Image viewer with Resco viewer

Win media with Coreplayer/ Mort player and so on

the most important file PIM.vol used by outlook, which i believe will be removed if i remove the files from Sys/Base appl folder of the Kitchen?

how do i identify the filies of the above builtin programs for removal. these are in Sys folder of the Kitchen.

Pls assist. Thanks in Advance

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
i was wondering is it possible to completely remove the following built-in applications and replace it with as follow

Mail with Webis

Messaging (aka Outlook) is a core component of Windows Mobile; look in the SYS portion of the kitchen. Note that HTC may have implemented enhancements as well - those would be found in the OEM/EXT folder.

This will likely break ActiveSync functionality.

Task, calander & contacts with Informant

Another set of core components of Windows Mobile; look in the SYS portion of the kitchen. Again, HTC may have implemented enhancements.

Not recommended; packages are found in SYS folder (browsing*). You will break Windows Mobile functionality such HTML & XML parsing.

Image viewer with Resco viewer

Not recommended; HTC leverages some of the registry settings in Manila.

Win media with Coreplayer/ Mort player and so on

It's already a separate package in the kitchen; packages are typically found in SYS folder (mediaos*). Audio/video playback on some applications will be broken as a result of missing codecs.

the most important file PIM.vol used by outlook, which i believe will be removed if i remove the files from Sys/Base appl folder of the Kitchen?

how do i identify the filies of the above builtin programs for removal. these are in Sys folder of the Kitchen.

Pls assist. Thanks in Advance

As noted above. Many of the components that you wish to remove are integral components of Windows Mobile and quite difficult to accomplish.

Most chefs keep that functionality in so I'm not sure how much assistance will be provided in troubleshooting ROM issues.

HTH,

nubail raja

Feb 11, 2006
Thank you Hilaireg. it seems should feel content with the great kitchen you have provided. it reminds me of the bird in hand moral. Cheers!

jmckeejr

Aug 11, 2008
Altoona, Pa
www.mckeeflooring.com
Hilaireg, Are you still thinkiung of the 6.5 kitchen? If not, I was wondering if you wouldnt mind helping to organize my complex kitchen to make it a bit more user friendly like your 6.1 kitchens. I would want it to easily cook a stocklike ROM as well as my customized ROMs. Shouldnt be too much involded aside from reorganizing the packages, updating a few things, and maybe there is 1 little script I would like to write to remove unneeded dpi files(lockscreen package has files for all dpi). I will PM u if I dopnt hear back, or catch me on PM too. I switched computers so I dont have trillian anymore to direct chat, but I should be getting this stuff updated too. So much to do, so little me :rolleyes:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Hilaireg, Are you still thinkiung of the 6.5 kitchen? If not, I was wondering if you wouldnt mind helping to organize my complex kitchen to make it a bit more user friendly like your 6.1 kitchens. I would want it to easily cook a stocklike ROM as well as my customized ROMs. Shouldnt be too much involded aside from reorganizing the packages, updating a few things, and maybe there is 1 little script I would like to write to remove unneeded dpi files(lockscreen package has files for all dpi). I will PM u if I dopnt hear back, or catch me on PM too. I switched computers so I dont have trillian anymore to direct chat, but I should be getting this stuff updated too. So much to do, so little me :rolleyes:

Send me a PM ...

I'm almost done recoding the Manila Decompilation kitchen; as soon as that's finished, I am actually looking to post a Raphael "Generic" 6.5 kitchen for folks to work with.

Cheers,

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
Hi guys.. I have a few questions. But first let me say thanks so much for all the hard work you put into making this level of phone modding so easily accessible. I have had great fun over the past few days cooking ROMs to be the way I like them.

But here are the few questions I have that I haven't been able to figure out:

First, what package do I need to leave out in order to have default Windows icons and startup screens (ie: start button, wait icon, signal strength)?

Second, how can I change the fonts on certain elements (ie: Volume Control, SIP keys)? I just want the default font, I don't really like Courier.

And, lastly, what do I need to do so that websites recognize my phone correctly? I have a Fuze (P4600) but websites think I'm using a TyTn (T7272). Also, in Settings > System > Device Info, the phone is listed as a T7272. I changed this with a registry edit to be correct, but it didn't fix the website issue.

Thanks again for your effort in this project, and thanks in advance for your time with my questions.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
First, what package do I need to leave out in order to have default Windows icons and startup screens (ie: start button, wait icon, signal strength)?

Look at the TSOWEN and ResourceUpdates package in the kitchen EXT/PACKAGES folder.

Second, how can I change the fonts on certain elements (ie: Volume Control, SIP keys)? I just want the default font, I don't really like Courier.

There are a few places; from easiest to most difficult to change: .REG/.RGU, .PROVXML, .MUI/.DLL/.EXE

And, lastly, what do I need to do so that websites recognize my phone correctly? I have a Fuze (P4600) but websites think I'm using a TyTn (T7272). Also, in Settings > System > Device Info, the phone is listed as a T7272. I changed this with a registry edit to be correct, but it didn't fix the website issue.

Need the version and build number of the web browser you are using; and the name of the kitchen packages if it's one of those.

T7272 should be TouchPRO (aka Fuze) but I could be mistaken. Look through the DEVICE package that you have selected (ex: DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0) - specifically .TXT/.PROVXML/.RGU/.REG files of the package.

HTH,

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
Thanks for your advice!

The Fuze is actually a P4600. I fixed the phone mis-identifying itself by editing the DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0 provmxl files. I edited any section that referred to a T7272 so that it read the same as what was in the ATT provmxl files. The phone correctly ID's itself now but I will have to go back and look deeper into this issue, because I still can't buy things from the ATT wap store (says my phone isn't supported, so there is some other settings I need to find).

The issue with the icons was fixed by not including the ResourceUpdates package. Later when I have more time i'll try to figure out what file specifically in this folder is changing the icons.

I was unable to figure out how to change the fonts, as there is no registry entry for these programs that changes the font, and there was nothing in the provmxl files for that either. I don't have the knowledge/tools for editing .exe or .dll files so I may have to settle until I can figure this out.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
The Fuze is actually a P4600. I fixed the phone mis-identifying itself by editing the DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0 provmxl files. I edited any section that referred to a T7272 so that it read the same as what was in the ATT provmxl files. The phone correctly ID's itself now but I will have to go back and look deeper into this issue, because I still can't buy things from the ATT wap store (says my phone isn't supported, so there is some other settings I need to find).

There is a .TXT file that contains a single line with the device model. The files in DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED originally came from the Official HTC TouchPRO. I tend not to use the AT&T versions as they contian many registry restrictions.

Still need the information about the browser you are using (version & build number). That may lend a clue as to why it isn't working.

Also, it may be possible that you need to enable the ATT Proxy settings for ATT website related content to function.

The issue with the icons was fixed by not including the ResourceUpdates package. Later when I have more time i'll try to figure out what file specifically in this folder is changing the icons.

Perfect, that was the purpose of that package; to allow extra files to be added/removed at a chefs discretion without impacting the rest of the kitchen. :)

I was unable to figure out how to change the fonts, as there is no registry entry for these programs that changes the font, and there was nothing in the provmxl files for that either. I don't have the knowledge/tools for editing .exe or .dll files so I may have to settle until I can figure this out.

Suspected that could be the case. I've noticed in some .MUI that HTC explicitly sets the font.

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
Still need the information about the browser you are using (version & build number). That may lend a clue as to why it isn't working.

Also, it may be possible that you need to enable the ATT Proxy settings for ATT website related content to function.
Sorry, I am mostly trying with internet explorer (the current 21054 kitchen build). I have been using the CABs that come with the original ATT rom to set up or take out the ATT proxy. I can browse the ATT wap website but when I try to buy games it says my device is not supported.

I also have Opera from this kitchen (v 9.5 build 16277) but I have not attempted to figure out how to correct the issue here (don't have proxy set up for opera, either). Websites think that I am using a P3700 when browing using Opera.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Sorry, I am mostly trying with internet explorer (the current 21054 kitchen build). I have been using the CABs that come with the original ATT rom to set up or take out the ATT proxy. I can browse the ATT wap website but when I try to buy games it says my device is not supported.

I also have Opera from this kitchen (v 9.5 build 16277) but I have not attempted to figure out how to correct the issue here (don't have proxy set up for opera, either). Websites think that I am using a P3700 when browing using Opera.

Not sure about IE; all I can suggest is to look through the DEVICE_ATT package to see if there is any other settings that you could add to your DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED package.

For Opera, you'll likely need to change the User Agent string as the various builds come from various devices. Have a look in the Dev & Hacking thread, there is an Opera Mobile and an fixFlashOpera thread that speak to the various strings.

The proxy settings for Opera can be entered in the Preferences section (OPERA:CONFIG in the address bar).

HTH,

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
Thanks for your advice!

Are you using Opera to access AT&T Media Net, Mall etc.? I just re-cooked, used DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0, and still have T7272 ID references in the phone.

I edited opera.ini to add AT&T proxys and changed the user agent string. Looks like I could shop (no real need), I can stream video from AT&T's portal etc.

A stock FUZE uses Opera with AT&T specific proxy and user agent settings. That may be all that is needed for Media Net portal compatibility.

Look at this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=469193

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Are you using Opera to access AT&T Media Net, Mall etc.? I just re-cooked, used DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0, and still have T7272 ID references in the phone.

I edited opera.ini to add AT&T proxys and changed the user agent string. Looks like I could shop (no real need), I can stream video from AT&T's portal etc.

A stock FUZE uses Opera with AT&T specific proxy and user agent settings. That may be all that is needed for Media Net compatibility.

Could you post the following info when you get a chance:

AT&T Specific Proxy
User Agent Settings

... just in case 'gilmorej' is using incorrect values.

Cheers,

:)

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
Could you post the following info when you get a chance:

AT&T Specific Proxy
User Agent Settings

Open my attached opera.ini with text editor and look at the following:

[Proxy]
Use Proxy On Local Names Check=1
HTTP Server=wireless.cingular.com
HTTPS server=wireless.cingular.com
Use HTTP=1
Use HTTPS=1
Enable HTTP 1.1 for proxy=1

[User Prefs]
Custom User-Agent=HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)

The attached opera.ini with at&t settings works for me. I mis-spoke earlier. I did not edit this file. It was already at&t ready when I looked at it. I installed a cabbed Opera (16984) and did not cook Opera into the ROM.

A stare and compare with a non-at&T opera.ini file will also reveal different home page settings etc. but these are not essential. Do this viewing/editing on a PC. I have noticed that at&t proxy settings dynamically disapear when using the preferences editor (opera:config) on the handset while connected to USB or WiFi.

A simple fix may be to replace opera.ini on the handset with my copy (\Windows\Opera9). Back up the original first. Soft reset after replacing the file.

AT&T Fuze PIE uses a different user agent.

HTC-P4600/1.2 Mozilla/4.0

PIE renders a generic Media Net portal experience. AT&T may not have bothered to specifically identify the Fuze on their portal when using PIE. Handset specific features on the Media Net wap site may not be available via PIE.

I also added a link to my earlier post on the same general topic.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
TF3D 2.1 Gen.Y_Manila_R1_5-EXT package

When using the Gen.Y_Manila_R1_5-EXT package, be advised that Raphael\COMMON\System - Configuration Profile (Single Selection Only) profiles contain _2330fc3c_manila and WeatherCityBase.provxml

These weather db files are not compatible with TF3D 2.1 and cause weather tab and home tab clock problems (TF3D restarts).

Update:
Removing them fixes the problem.

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Appreciate the "heads up"

Would make sense as those were for the old Manila and should likely be omitted for newer versions.

Cheers,

:)

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
Thanks, guys. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back with you on this.

xboomer, the opera INI file that you attached makes media net work properly with opera. Thanks for your help with this issue!