Which Firmware to go with ViperOne 5.8 on Sprint HTC One

Search This thread

coctostan

May 10, 2013
I've recently upgraded to ViperOne 5.8 from 3.5 (and prior to that 1.0) on a Sprint HTC One running TWRP 2.7.0.1. I've never updated the firmware, done an S-Off or an Hboot update. Does anyone have recommendations regarding firmware version, hboot version and s-off software that work well with my setup. Thanks in advance.

slickrick54

Jan 21, 2011
Tampa
I've recently upgraded to ViperOne 5.8 from 3.5 (and prior to that 1.0) on a Sprint HTC One running TWRP 2.7.0.1. I've never updated the firmware, done an S-Off or an Hboot update. Does anyone have recommendations regarding firmware version, hboot version and s-off software that work well with my setup. Thanks in advance.

I believe i understood you were s-off already. If so you could update your recovery to the latest 2.7.0.4b and i would update your firmware to the latest as well. As for hboot i flashed roots aroma hboot and worked perfectly.

Last edited:

coctostan

May 10, 2013
I believe i understood you were s-off already. If so you need to update your recovery to at least 2.6.3 and i would update your firmware to the latest. As for hboot i flashed roots aroma hboot and worked perfectly.

No, it is not s-off presently. I originally rooted it a year ago when new and installed ViperOne 1.0.

Do you know where I can find the latest firmware? Are you suggesting I downgrade TWRP from 2.7.0.1 to 2.6.3.0?

slickrick54

Jan 21, 2011
Tampa
No, it is not s-off presently. I originally rooted it a year ago when new and installed ViperOne 1.0.

Do you know where I can find the latest firmware? Are you suggesting I downgrade TWRP from 2.7.0.1 to 2.6.3.0?

No dont downgrade your recovery you will be ok there but you can update it if you want. Here is the link to the newest firmware bud http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687690. I would definitely recommend getting s-off though if i were you

coctostan

May 10, 2013
No dont downgrade your recovery you will be ok there but you can update it if you want. Here is the link to the newest firmware bud http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687690. I would definitely recommend getting s-off though if i were you

Anybody else have actual experience with a specific Firmware version that works nicely with ViperOne 5.8? My phone works well as it is but it I wouldn't mind getting more up to date performance.

slickrick54

Jan 21, 2011
Tampa
Anybody else have actual experience with a specific Firmware version that works nicely with ViperOne 5.8? My phone works well as it is but it I wouldn't mind getting more up to date performance.

Dude i've flashed every firmware update there was. The newest one would be the best for you but if not why not try them all then and find out which one works best for your phone. Here's the link to the newest one if you want http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687690. Also searching really helps out. ;)

coctostan

May 10, 2013
Dude i've flashed every firmware update there was. The newest one would be the best for you but if not why not try them all then and find out which one works best for your phone. Here's the link to the newest one if you want http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687690. Also searching really helps out. ;)

Much appreciated. So I flashed the latest firmware from that link and when ViperOne loads back up it keeps showing "Unfortunately Setup has Stopped". Did I do something incorrectly?

slickrick54

Jan 21, 2011
Tampa
Much appreciated. So I flashed the latest firmware from that link and when ViperOne loads back up it keeps showing "Unfortunately Setup has Stopped". Did I do something incorrectly?

To be honest with you i would back up your apps and data with titanium backup from the playstore and then just do a full wipe in twrp meaning system and data as well. Just dont erase internal storage. Then reflash the rom zip and everything will be fresh and new. Then restore everything with titanium.

PS: just to let you know viper one has been updated to sense 6.0 if you check there link again.

Last edited:

coctostan

May 10, 2013
Unforunately, I can't seem to do that now. Neither TWRP or Philz will allow me to do anything. Did I overwrite the SuperSU app?