Grr, touchscreen issue + mic issue after update

Search This thread

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
The previous owner claims updating to 4.4.2 via odin gave him issues, "black screen of death". I managed to root it, philz it, and installed aosp rom fine. But touchscreen doesn't work at all, not even in philz touch.

Another problem is touchwiz roms dont work at all (as said above, the give you blank screens). If i'm on aosp rom instead, I can't install aosp kernels.

Ideas? I'm really mad atm, wasted whole day on this ****.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787847

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
Ideas? Possible problems? Or are some of them wrong idk. Please give your input

1. Is new boot loader/old boatloads possibly and issue?
2..Knox?
3. SELinux?????
4. His software updating somehow led to hardware fault within the touchscreen.
5. Motherboard failure? Or some internal chip failure?

My failed attempts:
Flashing pit
Flashing modem
Flashing stock rom (leads to black screen) (it could be possible that it's only black screen due to not configuring the Samsung rom yet.
Flashing aosp (no touch)

Ideas? Anything would be helpful really...

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
What is the text on the sticker when you pull the battery out? What model is it?

asytu2up.jpg

Weird that the sticker says 1300 mah
Sent from my Galaxy S3

EDIT: Btw, when I'm on touchwiz, It shows the "select language" page for a split second, before showing the black screen with the clock widget.

Last edited:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Looking again at your screenshot I can see what the problem is.

It looks similair to my phone when I have the cover on it (S view)

It look like this:

s-view-flip-cover.jpg

My guess is that you have a hardware failure. It looks like the sensor that triggers it mailfunctions. Also I think that the digitzer is broken. I don't think it happenend after a flash, seems really unlikely.

Sounds more like just failing hardware or maybe even water damage.

EDIT: Btw, when I'm on touchwiz, It shows the "select language" page for a split second, before showing the black screen with the clock widget.

Reactions: trein91

trein91

Jun 14, 2012

It look like this:

s-view-flip-cover.jpg

My guess is that you have a hardware failure. It looks like the sensor that triggers it mailfunctions. Also I think that the digitzer is broken. I don't think it happenend after a flash, seems really unlikely.

Yeah I thought it looked like the sview interface as well. But how does the phone detect it's sview cover anyway? Proximity? If it's proximity, I tested the proximity sensor by installing "Android sensor box" and it seemed to work according to the app. All sensors work except "orientation" which is weird since I can tilt the phone into landscape mode.

Someone said it was magnetic sensor. Android sensor box shows it working. Unless it uses a separate proprietary magnetic sensor.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It look like this:

s-view-flip-cover.jpg