Unlink Amazon Account from FireTV

Search This thread

mejdam

May 12, 2008
So i have some family members that wanted an android device where they could easily select netflix, hulu, youtube, twitch etc.... but they didn’t want to create an amazon account and i sure as heck didn’t want to leave my account linked to it. If you deregister your device from your amazon using the web the fire tv will not let you use any application until you create or login to an amazon account.

So what I did was:
1. You need Root
2. Install an alternative launcher
3. Using Titanium backup freeze KFTV Launcher and OOBE
4. Go online to amazon.com and deregister the device from your account
5. No more nagging message telling me to log in using an amazon account.

Hope this helps!!!

Because this will kill your connection to amazon please keep in mind that any amazon app downloaded will stop working.

Last edited:

billsam38

Feb 7, 2011
So i have some family members that wanted an android device where they could easily select netflix, hulu, youtube, twitch etc.... but they didn’t want to create an amazon account and i sure as heck didn’t want to leave my account linked to it. If you deregister your device from your amazon using the web the fire tv will not let you use any application until you create or login to an amazon account.

So what I did was:
1. You need Root
2. Install an alternative launcher
3. Using Titanium backup freeze KFTV Launcher and OOBE
4. Go online to amazon.com and deregister the device from your account
5. No more nagging message telling me to log in using an amazon account.

Hope this helps!!!

I'm glad someone did this. I always would like to de-register my device from my account, since I have no longer use it. But I didn't try because I'm afraid that will block my root device. By the way, what OOBE stands for?

mejdam

May 12, 2008
I'm glad someone did this. I always would like to de-register my device from my account, since I have no longer use it. But I didn't try because I'm afraid that will block my root device. By the way, what OOBE stands for?

my guess is Out-of-Body-Experience

Wasnt easy trying to figure out which application was causing that login page to appear. took me an hour to figure it out.

billsam38

Feb 7, 2011
my guess is Out-of-Body-Experience

Wasnt easy trying to figure out which application was causing that login page to appear. took me an hour to figure it out.

Just came home and tried it, and it won`t work for me. The login screen will pop up to ask for login to amazon, even I have my own launcher. Weird....

dieterl

Apr 22, 2014
By the way, what OOBE stands for?

Out of box experience - referring to the initial state a device is in when it is taken out of the box. A lot of time the first time you power on a new device it will come up with an initialization wizard that asks to active/register etc, and it only runs once.