[MOD]Update Bluetooth to add HID (keyboards, etc) Support

Search This thread

t1gartist

Dec 8, 2012
newport news
Does dsb mod need flashed for bluez ime to work?

what rom and kernel are you using i have had no luck with palmers kernel something to do with lost root(and yes i tried reflashing the su binary and chmod in terminal in recovery but no fix there)im not sure why its no compatible but it also ask you to fix permissions in recovery after root is lost maybe its the linux driver swap?

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

also i just bootlooped until i had no other choice but flash backup never could get it to boot maybe dsb is awesome and can write another .zip for palmers kernel too :)

t1gartist

Dec 8, 2012
newport news
Dsb's unsecure kernel or just rooted stock kernel. As I know it worked great with dsb unsecure kernel

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
It seems this mod is designed to work for HID keyboards right? I know HID doesn't typically play well with Sense roms. I flashed this and am trying to get it to work with an HP HID keyboard. Do I have to have a specific kernel (I know early in this thread there was some indication that the mod is not kernel dependent)? I am using crpalmer's latest kernel as of yesterday and flashed this mod after but the keyboard isn't working (it pairs just fine it just doesn't do anything after that). Stock rom (haven't accepted the last couple of updates). Any ideas? Thank you - please help :)

Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
It seems this mod is designed to work for HID keyboards right? I know HID doesn't typically play well with Sense roms. I flashed this and am trying to get it to work with an HP HID keyboard. Do I have to have a specific kernel (I know early in this thread there was some indication that the mod is not kernel dependent)? I am using crpalmer's latest kernel as of yesterday and flashed this mod after but the keyboard isn't working (it pairs just fine it just doesn't do anything after that). Stock rom (haven't accepted the last couple of updates). Any ideas? Thank you - please help :)

Someone said that this didn't work with my kernel, but that was a long time ago.

Have you tried with the stock kernel?

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
Someone said that this didn't work with my kernel, but that was a long time ago.

Not yet. I'll try it and report back. I was having a ton of wakelocks with the stock kernel so I've been using yours with great success.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I'm now running 3.4.10-dbd9938.Cubed.DNA.Stock.System.Write and the keyboard is working. I tried both .15 and .26 versions of your kernel and neither worked with the keyboard.

kierren

Jun 27, 2010
Royal Oak
Is the download link broken for anyone else? If so, could someone post a mirror please? I would really like to try to see if this works with my keyboard.

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
I'm stuck on boot animation after installing using ViperDNA with palmers latest. I'm gonna try to flash stock kernel if that doesn't work I'm outta guesses

t1gartist

Dec 8, 2012
newport news
Try stock image that came with viperdna
As this will not work with palmers kernel Palmer has already converted Bluetooth stack to asop so no need for this zip file
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
Apparently I had support all along was just trying to use unified remote app via Bluetooth turns out I didn't connect to the computer which is why it was throwing up connectivity errors. I still get 3 Bluetooth peripheral devices that won't install drivers in windows 7 though but everything seems to be working fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will update the Bluetooth drivers to add HID support for things like keyboards and mice.

Flash in recovery.

Download Here

MD5: 71a1519ff6bd60cc3979a6ce46e1b9d0

D

I had thought what I did would allow the controllers as well, but only had a kybd to test.

Sorry guys.

D

It is quite simple. Install bluezime from the play store. Make sure and install the hidenabler.apk that is mentioned in the play store description of bluezime. Then follow the instructions that are displayed when you open up bluezime. I cannot remember if I installed the hid pack from dsb first. It may or may not matter if you install it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    is this independent of the kernel??

Yes.

D

Took a little bit to reboot after installed but seems to work good. Thanks!