[Q] Loaded New Rom, Stuck Trying to Activate

Search This thread

Viper Daimao

May 27, 2011
Hi, I'm having some trouble with my phone. I had bamf 1.7 stripped installed and tried to change my kernal to the battery saver one. it didn't like something about this and my wifi and data stopped working. the wifi screen just said error. I could still get phone calls though.

So I figured I'd try to fix this by wiping it all clean and installing perfect storm 1.5. Well I factory reset, wiped and cleared and all that and loaded the rom. I pulled the battery on reboot and when it started up I am stuck on the activation part of the phone set up. The cell signal is X'ed out and I seem to have no service and it just says "Activating...". Please any help is appreciated.

MattBeyers

May 4, 2011
ah shoot, I thought it came with the rom. I have it on my sd card but it's not named correctly. How can I rename it? The sdcard doesn't go into disk drive mode.

You have two options.

1) If you have computer access and ADB, turn the phone off, load up the command prompt, and type "adb reboot recovery" (can someone verify that command? I think its the right one). Once you're in recovery, select mounts & storage > mount USB device (the very last option in the mounts & storage menu). That will mount your SD card and you can change the file name from there.

2) Hold the Volume down and Power buttons down until your phone turns on. This will bring you to bootloader, from which you can boot into recovery mode and follow the above steps, minus the ADB part. Holding Volume up and Power might boot you into recovery directly, but I've never done that and I'm not really sure if it will.

If neither of those work for you, stop back by and we'll take it to the next level! Hope this helps bro :)

hksg

May 28, 2011
ah shoot, I thought it came with the rom. I have it on my sd card but it's not named correctly. How can I rename it? The sdcard doesn't go into disk drive mode.

Did you try going through Internet Pass Through? Enable Internet Pass, wait like 10 seconds, and then try going into disk mode. Or, you can connect your phone and push the file using ADB commands. Or, if you can access the Android market via wifi, just download a file manager, and then go to your SD card directory, fine the file, and rename. Just remember that it is PG05IMG.zip, and it has to be on the root. Then you can just reboot to bootloader and flash the radio. Good luck.