Root or not yet?

Search This thread

ukemochi

Aug 14, 2012
Would love to root this phone

Wish I could root this phone, unfortunately theres no root for the At&t version on 4.4.2.

Brasc085

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm caught in limbo too. I've rooted every Android device I've had and that is a lot of handsets. For me just to remove bloat and put a decent ad blocker on makes it all worth while. However, when it came to selling my Note 2 I noticed how hard it was to sell my device rooted. The only time I got any interest was when I completely returned it to stock and reset the flash counter etc. As this is currently not possible as I'm on 4.4.2 then I'm sat very much on the fence. I don't want a device that has no resale value but I wan't all that root has to offer.
I am broadly very happy with the phone. The battery is remarkable and it's as snappy as I need. but I am inching towards the rash decision to flash away and root. TBH the bloat stuff isn't bothering me and KitKat makes it easy to freeze apps... but I really detest all the adds in the browser and adds when using YouTube. If there was a non rooted solution for adds I doubt I'd even bother. The custom ROM scene is fairly ho hum by the look of it if you wan't to keep S-Pen functionality so which way to go?

I am currently running BajaRom 4.4 Kitkat and am absolutely loving it. I have all S-Pen functionality and also have Ad blockers that have stopped the YouTube adds. I am also running Xposed Framework which has done nothing but make my decision to Root all worth it. Do your research and make sure that everything you are wanting out of a root is there. I also used Kingo to root my Note 3 and can unroot and switch back to stock at any time. It was a tough decision for me to root but once I did I have never looked back. Happy decision making!

Reactions: danbst

Sammath

Dec 24, 2008
Nijmegen
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I always rooted my phones straight out of the box. It makes you actually own your phone. Remove/freeze all the apps you don't want (bloat etc) and potentially give your phone an edge over non rooted phones in terms of batterylife and performance.

It ain't that hard to do anymore and honestly, if you read up on how to do it safely (here on xda or check some videos on YouTube). You will pretty much be safe to do it.

Once you have rooted a phone, well at least in my case, you can't do without it anymore.

Sent from my SM-N9005 beast of a phone.

Reactions: scarcett

Brasc085

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh
I always rooted my phones straight out of the box. It makes you actually own your phone. Remove/freeze all the apps you don't want (bloat etc) and potentially give your phone an edge over non rooted phones in terms of batterylife and performance.

It ain't that hard to do anymore and honestly, if you read up on how to do it safely (here on xda or check some videos on YouTube). You will pretty much be safe to do it.

Once you have rooted a phone, well at least in my case, you can't do without it anymore.

It took me a few months of owning my Note 3 to finally make the switch to Rooting it. I remember when I first rooted my Evo back in the day and boy has everything changed in the way of rooting. I will agree and say that rooting your phone now compared to back in the day is 100 times easier (as long as you follow the steps) and I wont hesitate anymore. I will always give my phone the death stare while booting back up after first root. It is like I am trying to communicate with the phone mentally to force it to boot. it usually sounds like this, "just do it, come on, you know you want to!"

Sammath

Dec 24, 2008
Nijmegen
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It took me a few months of owning my Note 3 to finally make the switch to Rooting it. I remember when I first rooted my Evo back in the day and boy has everything changed in the way of rooting. I will agree and say that rooting your phone now compared to back in the day is 100 times easier (as long as you follow the steps) and I wont hesitate anymore. I will always give my phone the death stare while booting back up after first root. It is like I am trying to communicate with the phone mentally to force it to boot. it usually sounds like this, "just do it, come on, you know you want to!"

I think we've all been there before on the death stare part haha.

Julian Jeremiah

Apr 30, 2014

Haha it's like a poison a potent ones! :D

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

It took me about a week or so to ensure my Note 3 has no software malfunction etc and ever since then never look back :silly:

Reactions: scarcett

Brasc085

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh
[/COLOR]It took me about a week or so to ensure my Note 3 has no software malfunction etc and ever since then never look back :silly:[/QUOTE]

To be honest it never really crossed my mind during the first month or so, I was just happy to get off of Apple and back on Android. I forgot what it was like to have widgets and what not and was just enjoying the luxury of Android again. Then I remembered all the fun I had rooting my EVO and thought what the heck. I wont be hesitating anymore!! My only hesitation now will be do I go for the Note 4 when it comes out or just enjoy the Custom KK train on my note 3 for now.

Reactions: WinePress

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've never been in a hesitant state to root my Note 3 or LG G2, I had even jailbreaked all my previous iPhones. Rooting is so much more fun than stock options have to offer.. Just proceed with cautions n do more readings and research.
    Should I really root my note 3 or need yet?
    I Faced so many hard times routing my Sgs+ now I really find the phone itself so good with latest android version so what rott can add more hour such device

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

If you don`t need it and don`t miss anything atm don`t do it, and don`t let others convince you that you should or that its cool ;)
    I'm caught in limbo too. I've rooted every Android device I've had and that is a lot of handsets. For me just to remove bloat and put a decent ad blocker on makes it all worth while. However, when it came to selling my Note 2 I noticed how hard it was to sell my device rooted. The only time I got any interest was when I completely returned it to stock and reset the flash counter etc. As this is currently not possible as I'm on 4.4.2 then I'm sat very much on the fence. I don't want a device that has no resale value but I wan't all that root has to offer.
    I am broadly very happy with the phone. The battery is remarkable and it's as snappy as I need. but I am inching towards the rash decision to flash away and root. TBH the bloat stuff isn't bothering me and KitKat makes it easy to freeze apps... but I really detest all the adds in the browser and adds when using YouTube. If there was a non rooted solution for adds I doubt I'd even bother. The custom ROM scene is fairly ho hum by the look of it if you wan't to keep S-Pen functionality so which way to go?

Best way for non-rooted users is using "Static DNS for WiFi" with FoolDNS's servers, unfortunately only on WiFi, but it's something:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.usb0.wifistaticdns
    http://www.fooldns.com/fooldns-community/english-version/

I am currently running BajaRom 4.4 Kitkat and am absolutely loving it. I have all S-Pen functionality and also have Ad blockers that have stopped the YouTube adds. I am also running Xposed Framework which has done nothing but make my decision to Root all worth it. Do your research and make sure that everything you are wanting out of a root is there. I also used Kingo to root my Note 3 and can unroot and switch back to stock at any time. It was a tough decision for me to root but once I did I have never looked back. Happy decision making!