GTA SA controller issues

Search This thread

collindv

Jun 28, 2007
I just got my AFTV last week. I quickly rooted, installed the play store, and installed stickmount and foldermount.

I installed Grand Theft Auto San Andreas from the play store since I had purchased it previously from there. I then moved all the data to an external usb drive and fired it up.

The game seems to run fine but the Amazon Gamepad controller does nothing in the menu screen. If I load a game (using the droidmote mouse) it loads fine but only the left joystick works, no buttons or right joystick.

The droidmote joystick seems to work fine. The same controller setup works perfectly in Asphalt 8.

Any suggestions?

EDIT - Sorry, just realized half my first post was cut off.

Last edited:

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
GTA San Andreas on Android is a festering pile of dog feces when it comes to control functionality.

Maybe someone can contact the Game Keyboard developer and ask for a Fire TV version that does not require switching the IME selection (switching it is nearly impossible),but instead would put a mappable "overlay" that matches the positions of San Andreas' various touch controls.

Or if it is possible,get a keycode mapper which allows you to simulate gamepad keycodes on any keyboard buttons or other gamepads.
(basically a more advanced joytokey without needing the physical joystick,and using the keyboard to control gamepad actions "keytojoy")
This one would have an enable/disable function to prevent input issues when not playing the game it is being used for.

I don't know if the unique Amazon version of GTA San Andreas supports keyboard controls,but it uses the Amazon controller by default.
I can't get any kind of game controller because of secrecy,so I am stuck needing a mapper hack for use on my Logitech K400r keyboard.

collindv

Jun 28, 2007
So in theory the amazon version of GTA SA might be different than that on the Google play store?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

collindv

Jun 28, 2007
I tried with my Moga pro tonight and it works perfectly, apart from the fact that I cannot get to the map screen :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
I just got my AFTV last week. I quickly rooted, installed the play store, and installed stickmount and foldermount.

I installed Grand Theft Auto San Andreas from the play store since I had purchased it previously from there. I then moved all the data to an external usb drive and fired it up.

The game seems to run fine but the Amazon Gamepad controller does nothing in the menu screen. If I load a game (using the droidmote mouse) it loads fine but only the left joystick works, no buttons or right joystick.

The droidmote joystick seems to work fine. The same controller setup works perfectly in Asphalt 8.

Any suggestions?

EDIT - Sorry, just realized half my first post was cut off.

If the soft controller of DroidMote work well, (tested today with last client and last server - no problem) you can play also with your hardware controller in this way:

1° option :
You can attach your hardware controller or a generic hardware controller to your Client device (via bluetooth, wireless dongle or usb cable), connect droidmote client to droidmote server and play with your hardware controller with the game running on the server device (the FireTv).
To play in this mode you need the original keylayout of your hardware controller installed on your Client device under the folder /system/usr/keylayout
You can get it from /system/usr/keylayout of FireTv if you are using the stock hardware controller of FireTV. (assign 777 permissions after copy)

2° option: ( to test on FireTv)
Start DroidMote Server on FireTv, connect your stock hardware controller to FireTv and should work also the right stick.

Last edited:

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
I managed to get Game Keyboard selected as the Default IME,but have not tried anything yet.
If someone else can,please try mapping touch controls to a Logitech K400r keyboard and see if it works well enough.

We also need to know if multi-touch supposedly works on a touchscreen level so that multiple buttons for moving and attacking can be done simultaneously.