Htc Shift With Win 8 2GB ram and 128GB SSD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thamsimon

Dec 23, 2013
Hi all, this is my 1st post.

I've just upgraded my HTC shift with Kingspec 128GB sad and 2GB ram. Now the shift feels super fast!

My version is the italian one and liberate with Romeo OS and running win 7 before the upgrade. i got the sad along with an oem version (built 9200) of windows 8.

install was by using the usb tool to boot and install the OS. i was intending to use the acorns true image however, the image was screwed and hence i decided to install the windows 8.

it's not a path for novices but people with a bit of tinkering knowledge will be able to to do it.

Wifi works and SD card works.

Worth of a mention is one seller on Ebay whom sold me the Keyboard. It came with a few broken keys and they offered to send me another at no extra cost!

I got the memory from here ebay.com/itm/251325732211

SSD from here ebay.com/itm/121184667524?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The sad sure took his time to come. almost 1 month!

For those who are willing to take the gamble to upgrade, Go ahead. It's worth it.

Battery life improved significantly. Now running close to 2 hours with simple email reading and bait of youtube here and there.

Looking to get another battery and leather case.

a pictures say a thousand words.

Images here imgur.com/a/7V1I1

Can't post links sorry.

Reactions: Ghibli57

Armazia

Nov 23, 2008

I've just upgraded my HTC shift with Kingspec 128GB sad and 2GB ram. Now the shift feels super fast!

My version is the italian one and liberate with Romeo OS and running win 7 before the upgrade. i got the sad along with an oem version (built 9200) of windows 8.

install was by using the usb tool to boot and install the OS. i was intending to use the acorns true image however, the image was screwed and hence i decided to install the windows 8.

it's not a path for novices but people with a bit of tinkering knowledge will be able to to do it.

Worth of a mention is one seller on Ebay whom sold me the Keyboard. It came with a few broken keys and they offered to send me another at no extra cost!

SSD from here ebay.com/itm/121184667524?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

For those who are willing to take the gamble to upgrade, Go ahead. It's worth it.

Battery life improved significantly. Now running close to 2 hours with simple email reading and bait of youtube here and there.

Can't post links sorry.

Did the speed increase alot(with the SSD)? I am wondering that cause we're limited to the slow 800mhz processor =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can't post links sorry.
    Thread was going downhill fast. Since the OP hasn't posted here recently, the thread is being closed.