[Q] Looking into buying the Nexus 5 next month...

Search This thread

LewisD94

Aug 23, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying the Nexus 5 as I feel like I want a much faster and more responsive Android experience and I also want to get a phone that is very well supported by the developers of XDA...

I have had both of the following handsets previously:
-HTC Wildfire(Buzz)
-HTC One V(PrimoU)

My biggest complaints about my previous handsets are that the Android experience is very slow, sloppy and HTC Sense'd meaning that to get an acceptable level of performance out of them they had to be rooted and flashed with 'close to Google' ROMs and because of the lack of developers that were interested in these devices they were relatively unstable even with their best ROMs.

My real question is pointed at users who currently have a Nexus 5 and had a relatively comparable phone to the HTC Wildfire or HTC One V, am I making the right move (based on what I've said) to buy the Nexus 5 and do you think that it's worth its money or are there better phones available in your opinion?

Last edited:

PM_Petrol

Feb 18, 2013
Rotterdam
Brilliant, thanks for your replies. Anyone ever had any of my older phones and now have a Nexus 5 and can share their experiences?

Well my mom had the One V. And that phone sucks if you compare it with the N5.
The Nexus5 is soooo much faster and better. And for this price you cant get a better phone at the moment.
It's almost perfect :D

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
I have had;
HTC hero
Nexus one (HTC)
HTC one X
Nexus 4
Getting my nexus 5 tomorrow.

The most comparable ones for me are going to be the htc one x to the nexus 4
The one x was a better phone than the one v that you have but still the jump to the nexus 4 was a massive upgrade in terms of performance and stability from the one x.
So you are going from a slower phone than I had to a faster phone than I have and I was happy with my upgrade so you should be very pleased with your new phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Mechashiva

Nov 16, 2010
I haven't had your exact previous phone, but I had a Droid 1 and GSII and I promise you, you'll love the N5, it's just an amazing piece of machinery, especially for the price.

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
If you're a tweaker/modder or someone who enjoys exploiting the android OS for all of it's open source worth then the N5 is by far the best device you could ask for as of right now in my honest opinion. If not, there are other devices with better hardware on a more powerful platform. For me.....I had to get the Nexus.

LewisD94

Aug 23, 2012
Well my mom had the One V. And that phone sucks if you compare it with the N5.
The Nexus5 is soooo much faster and better. And for this price you cant get a better phone at the moment.
It's almost perfect :D

Yeah man, it definitely sucks thanks for the comparison, really appreciate it!

I have had;
HTC hero
Nexus one (HTC)
HTC one X
Nexus 4
Getting my nexus 5 tomorrow.

The most comparable ones for me are going to be the htc one x to the nexus 4
The one x was a better phone than the one v that you have but still the jump to the nexus 4 was a massive upgrade in terms of performance and stability from the one x.
So you are going from a slower phone than I had to a faster phone than I have and I was happy with my upgrade so you should be very pleased with your new phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Thank you for such an accurate answer! I really appreciate how in depth you have gone into answering my question, I've decided that after reading all of these comments that I would be a fool to not buy the Nexus 5!

I haven't had your exact previous phone, but I had a Droid 1 and GSII and I promise you, you'll love the N5, it's just an amazing piece of machinery, especially for the price.

Brilliant, thanks for your answer dude!

If you're a tweaker/modder or someone who enjoys exploiting the android OS for all of it's open source worth then the N5 is by far the best device you could ask for as of right now in my honest opinion. If not, there are other devices with better hardware on a more powerful platform. For me.....I had to get the Nexus.

Thanks man, I do really enjoy messing about and customising the Android OS so you've hit the spot there dude. I've decided to buy it on the 18th of next month!

:good: Thumbs up to all answerers! :good:

Last edited:

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia
Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying the Nexus 5 as I feel like I want a much faster and more responsive Android experience and I also want to get a phone that is very well supported by the developers of XDA...

I have had both of the following handsets previously:
-HTC Wildfire(Buzz)
-HTC One V(PrimoU)

My biggest complaints about my previous handsets are that the Android experience is very slow, sloppy and HTC Sense'd meaning that to get an acceptable level of performance out of them they had to be rooted and flashed with 'close to Google' ROMs and because of the lack of developers that were interested in these devices they were relatively unstable even with their best ROMs.

My real question is pointed at users who currently have a Nexus 5 and had a relatively comparable phone to the HTC Wildfire or HTC One V, am I making the right move (based on what I've said) to buy the Nexus 5 and do you think that it's worth its money or are there better phones available in your opinion?

Absolutely get the N5. There's a world of difference between old non-Nexus phones like the HTC Wildfire and the Nexus 5, not to mention the Nexus devices are made to be modded. There's literally no device easier to mod than a Nexus, and if you don't want to mod, the Nexus's stock firmware is still way better than HTC Sense or Samsung TouchWiz.

p7e

Jan 23, 2014
I have had the GSII, Galaxy Nexus, GSII before. Ok, the last step from the GSIII was not that, but I am still very happy with the purchase.