How to update your Galaxy Grand to 4.2.2 (official) using a computer
I'm not responsible for anything you do with your phone/tablet/rice cooker and make it into an iPhone!
Installation Package & Pre-requisites:
1. Samsung Galaxy Grand (obviously), charged above 80%
2. Odin ( Download Here http://ohguideme.com/wp-content/uplo...din3-v3.07.zip
3. The official 4.2.2 firmware for GT-I9082 (Download here
4. You should have Kies or drivers of your grand installed. Download here (Kies
5. Enable USB Debugging by going to ettings :>About device >Developer options >USB debugging
1. Connect your Grand to your computer via USB Cable.
2. Extract & Start ODIN on your computer, make sure that Auto Reboot & F.Reset is Checked while Re-partition is Unchecked.
3. Restart Galaxy Grand in “Download Mode”. You can do it by switching off the device and then holding Volume Down+Power+Home button simultaneously for few seconds.
4. ODIN should recognize your device [ID:COM will turn blue or yellow], if it does not either your antivirus or firewall settings is creating problem or Samsung USB driver (Kies) is not correctly installed.
5. Check & Hit PDA on ODIN and select the file 'I9082XXUBMI1_I9082ODDBMI1_I9082DDUBMI1_HOME.tar.m d5 you downloaded on your computer. (extract and select).
6. Press Start
Your Samsung Galaxy Grand will reboot on its own, and you will have official Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Installed on your device.
Note: If their is any problem during installation, like boot loop or force closures, installing the 4.2.2 version or during the install you need to wipe/factory data reset your Galaxy Grand. You can do this by pressing Home+ Power + Volume Up key. There will be an option to wipe/factory data reset select it and your will be good to go.
Hit 'Thanks' if you found this helpful.