[APP][AUG 09] - Myrt OTF Beta 0.7.2

Search This thread

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
Hi
I've recently updated to the latest beta etana kernal but this app no longer recognised as otf.

Probably as temasek has been changing otf features but just thought I should mention it! :)

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
Yeah, I know, I've been away. Vadonka has already sent me the details, I'll start on making the app compatible as soon as I finish a "big" render-job, which may take a few more days.

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
Mortifying framework-res for my future personal theme, I have this design on your fantastic app ;-)
Some day ago you said to another user that you like protect a specific design and I think you're completely right ;-)
Look at my screen shoot ... you like???
Yeah, I like.

I give only a small personal look ... and I think myrt otf must always use design of theme using some graphic peace of system...
That's true, as most other apps Myrt OTF uses the built in SeekBar, which will look differently depending on os version/theme. In the future I'll design my own seekbar, that's low priority though. (I want/need one with two thumbs on one slider for min/max speed, and different bar color for each voltage.)
You made the most elegant app I never had on my android... always perfectly integrated in user personals UI ... thank a lot.

Yann
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

ciwek90

Jan 30, 2011
Awesome!

Hello, i just flashed HP Kernel SuperSonic 11. What is the best setting for it? and what is the different between this app with Myrt Torture Tester? Which one is better? Should i installed both or one only? Thanks! :D

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
I'd advise you to read the first three posts in each app-thread thorougly, that'll explain the difference between the apps.

Best setting? Depends on what you're after. If you want batterylife, you use high second core frequencies and underclock. If you want performance you use lower activation frequencies and overclock. Completely up to you.

If you don't really know what you want, just push "defaults" and forget about it.

Reactions: 4lph4 and ciwek90

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
Thanks.

I was under the impression that Benee is writing his own control-app, just not done yet? I wouldn't want to encroach on his territory, so to speak.

When both Etana and Jarvis have fully decided on how to handle the frequency-table changes I might do something about it, possibly a separate app for frequency-table and undervolt specs. As of now some things require rebooting, which is ok, but it doesn't fit under the OTF umbrella.

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Thanks.

I was under the impression that Benee is writing his own control-app, just not done yet? I wouldn't want to encroach on his territory, so to speak.

When both Etana and Jarvis have fully decided on how to handle the frequency-table changes I might do something about it, possibly a separate app for frequency-table and undervolt specs. As of now some things require rebooting, which is ok, but it doesn't fit under the OTF umbrella.

Yes, he seems to say in OP that he'll cook something, you are probably right, let's wait..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an app to control and test CPU-related parameters on OTF-compatible kernels. In realtime.

(HP Extreme, HP ICS, Etana. NOT guestekrnL as that has its own app with a lot more features.)

This app is BETA - may contain bugs.

It's been tested on HP 2X Extreme (Stock 20R), HP-ICS-RC1 (CM9-kang) and Etana (2.6) on CM7 & MIUI.

At boot it restores the minimum and maximum frequency using its own script, 88_myrt_otf, which again reads values stored in /data/myrt.

It relies on the kernels' own scripts to restore the OTF-parameters at boot-time. On HP it writes saved configs to /data/spicabootcfg, and on etana to /data/tweakaio/tweakaio.conf

To ROM-Chefs: You may now include this app in your ROMs under the following conditions:
    1) You mention it is included somewhere in the ROM-release post.
    2) You clearly state the app is in a BETA-state.
    3) You link to this thread.
    4) That you let me know ;)

The first 3 can of course be done in a single, short line, and the last by posting a message in this thread or a PM.

Changelog:

0.7.2 - Fixed small display bug after adjusting mhz-steps. Added button to delete all files created by the app. Displays CPU-speeds correctly on ICS. Moved download to Google Play
    0.7.1 - Adds option to "snap to" frequency and voltage table frequencies. Adds option to show color-coded voltages on CPU-page. On kernels without defaults specificed, selects voltage-table entries as defaults.
    0.7.0 - Added support for Etana's new OTF-structure, while hopefully still working on older Etanas and Spica.
    0.5.6 - Added support for vibrator strength on Etana. (Kernels May 11th or newer). You may have to uninstall old versions before installing this one, as it adds a permission for vibration.
    0.5.5 - Added option to always start at: Last used page, CPU-page, Monitor-page or Reboot-page.
    0.5.4 - Added reboot page.
    0.5.3 - Fixes crash on Etana NON-OC kernels.
    0.5.2 - Auto-moved sliders now work. Now disables controls correctly if root-access denied.
    0.5.1 - Fix for permission denied issue on CM9. (Min/Max-Frequencies would not be set.)
    0.5.0 - First Beta.

Technical background in post 2. Read it, it will be useful before using the app.

Known issues and misc. in post 3.

Please report any erratic behaviour in this thread, and look closely for whether your settings are restored correctly after boot. If you report a bug or other strangeness, please state the exact version of Myrt OTF, ROM and kernel.

Myrt OTF in Google Play
    App updated to 0.7.0. Adds support for Etana's enhanced OTF-structure.
    App updated to 0.5.5 - added option to always start at CPU-, Monitor- or Reboot-page.
    App updated to 0.7.1.

Adds option to "snap to" voltage table frequencies. Adds option to show voltages on CPU-page. On kernels without defaults specificed, selects voltage-table entries as defaults.
    Hi
    I've recently updated to the latest beta etana kernal but this app no longer recognised as otf.

Probably as temasek has been changing otf features but just thought I should mention it! :)

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
    Yeah, I know, I've been away. Vadonka has already sent me the details, I'll start on making the app compatible as soon as I finish a "big" render-job, which may take a few more days.