[Q] How to unroot a L720 running MK2 4.3 Stock(ish) and the PhilZ Touch ver 6?

Search This thread

jtash01

Apr 24, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have a L720 running the MK2 4.3 Stock(ish) and the PhilZ Touch ver 6. I want to remove all of these and reinstall the stock MK2 in advance of the new kitkat release. How do I remove all of these before reloading the stock MK2?

Last edited:

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN

Dennis_H2

Jan 4, 2012
DFW Area, TX
I'm hoping this is the right thread.

I'm fairly new to the S4 coming from an S2. I did root MK2 using SafeRoot method. I should not have tripped Knox or anything like that. I unrooted with SuperSU unroot option. Everything looks OK except the Device Status shows Custom. I haven't gotten the OTA yet, but when it comes in, is it safe to try, or am I going to have problems?

Thanks,
Dennis_H

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
I'm hoping this is the right thread.

I'm fairly new to the S4 coming from an S2. I did root MK2 using SafeRoot method. I should not have tripped Knox or anything like that. I unrooted with SuperSU unroot option. Everything looks OK except the Device Status shows Custom. I haven't gotten the OTA yet, but when it comes in, is it safe to try, or am I going to have problems?

Thanks,
Dennis_H

It all depends if you modded or disabled anything in the system partition. Including the hotspot mod. If you have, the ota will fail and you need to Odin the stock mk2 tar.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

Dennis_H2

Jan 4, 2012
DFW Area, TX
It all depends if you modded or disabled anything in the system partition. Including the hotspot mod. If you have, the ota will fail and you need to Odin the stock mk2 tar.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

As far as I know, nothing in the system partition got changed with saferoot, and I never got around to installing any new recoveries or adding the hotspot mod. The hotspot mod was the real reason i rooted, but got a little concerned/confused after reading about it.If the custom in device status doesn't cause issues, I'll wait to get the OTA and then start reading about the HS mod again to see how to implement in 4.4.2 without tripping knox if possible.

Thanks for the info.
Dennis_H