MUST-HAVE APPS (side-loaded) with locations.

Search This thread

PaulLeahy

Nov 20, 2011
I've downloaded and installed google services framework, and downloaded and installed GMail, Google Maps, etc. Google Maps works fine; however, any app requiring me to sign in simply tells me "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" after trying to connect for 2-3 minutes. I've tried signing in through GMail, and through Android Market (as suggested earlier in the thread).

Anyone else have this problem, or better yet, a solution?

Edit: Scratch that, I figured it out, and I'm an idiot. But for all of the other newbs out there, who may have just set up the two-step Google account sign-in: you need to add the nook as a new application, and use the custom password Google gives you. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deadem

conundrum768

Sep 1, 2009
Detroit, MI
I've downloaded and installed google services framework, and downloaded and installed GMail, Google Maps, etc. Google Maps works fine; however, any app requiring me to sign in simply tells me "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" after trying to connect for 2-3 minutes. I've tried signing in through GMail, and through Android Market (as suggested earlier in the thread).

Anyone else have this problem, or better yet, a solution?

Edit: Scratch that, I figured it out, and I'm an idiot. But for all of the other newbs out there, who may have just set up the two-step Google account sign-in: you need to add the nook as a new application, and use the custom password Google gives you. Cheers!

Nice work solving your own problem (always a bit more gratifying). If anyone else is having trouble with installation or use of Google apps, there is a thread in Android Development dedicated to getting them all to function seamlessly (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1354887).

PaulLeahy

Nov 20, 2011
Nice work solving your own problem (always a bit more gratifying). If anyone else is having trouble with installation or use of Google apps, there is a thread in Android Development dedicated to getting them all to function seamlessly (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1354887).

Thanks, Conundrum! The thread you pointed to seems to focus on rooted devices; I'm working my way up there, but for now I'm just sideloading. On that note, can anyone explain how they got Google Calendar to sync with their device? I've looked up, down, and all around to no avail, and it's the last google service I haven't gotten up.

dang69

Jan 16, 2007
Now that we have root, Button Savior (root) works a charm and has allowed me full control of a decent flight sim,
http://www.leobueno.net/

This is encouraging because it opens up hardware button dependent apps.

Texx-it

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks to those who posted the info regarding OnlyAndroid.com. I've been able to get almost all of the apps I need and want from the site, which is a good thing since I still can't get Android Market to work without crashing on my NT. The expense and/or non-availability of "junk" programs (Spades Free, AB Free, etc.,) was one of the downfalls of going with the NT, and now that this seems like a reasonable work around, it will hold me over until the developers figure out a way to do something similar to ManualNooter. :)

You mean that you can download directly from there the APK on your nook? i'm searching Fruit Ninja does anyone has the apk?
i'm searching also MSN/Ebuddy apk working for NT...

thanks!

Last edited:

theundeadelvis

Oct 19, 2010
Anybody have any luck with facebook? It works once then force closes every time after?

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

Texx-it

Nov 18, 2011
One question ... how to delete apps installed by sideload ? (Sorry if is a silly question but i can't find a way to .... )

Sent from my NT using Tapatalk

dang69

Jan 16, 2007
Somewhere in the sideload threads there is an app that shows up on my device as AppMenu. get you straight in to the standard list from which you can uninstall, wipe data etc.

Reactions: Texx-it

n8w

Sep 2, 2010
I would have to suggest wave launcher. It gives you access to the app drawer no matter where you are. Works from any screen so far.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

yumms

Dec 13, 2010
Sorry if this has been discuseed before, but is anyone else having issues with Youtube? It keeps crashing on me :(

Never mind...its working. It was the google 2 step sign in.

Last edited:

jowiki

Jun 4, 2011
wave launcher is a WIN! I found it over at apktop for free and love it. I can see no reason for a) k fire and b) rooting this thing. I just hope B&N doesnt screw this up.

Sent from my BNTV250 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

xdajunkman

Nov 11, 2007
wave launcher is a WIN! I found it over at apktop for free and love it. I can see no reason for a) k fire and b) rooting this thing. I just hope B&N doesnt screw this up.

Sent from my BNTV250 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Agree...try wave launcher with Folder Organizer...can put folder links into wave launcher and pull up app folders from anywhere. There is also a Wifi toggle app that I stuck in there to quickly toggle wifi state.

Top Liked Posts