What screen protector do you use?

Search This thread

jjesusfreak01

Oct 24, 2011
I don't feel like I need a screen protector with the GG screen. I just keep in in a pocket with nothing abrasive, and I don't touch it with anything abrasive.

EhHowzit808

Feb 1, 2012
Moshi: good for glare and smudges, but affects the image quality and had a rainbow effect on the middle of the screen. Removed.

Zagg: Image quality is way better, but is prone to glare and smudges. Sometimes it feels like an orange peel. Planning to remove it when I find a better one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
I don't feel like I need a screen protector with the GG screen. I just keep in in a pocket with nothing abrasive, and I don't touch it with anything abrasive.

I've heard a lot of people say that. Many of them are the same people complaining when they get scratched screens.

Point being, it's not impervious to scratches. It resists cracks, but can be scratched.

I feel a steinheil ultra crystal screen protector is a fine compromise between clarity, feel, and safety.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I use ReaLook screen protectors, They are the best IMO. You dont even know you have a protector on. I've sold old phones with them installed and the new owner couldnt even tell there was a protector on there

I've also heard people say the same thing and then usually end up posting something like "I got a scratch.... gorilla glass my ass"

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I've read some really bad reviews about realook. I always stick with steinheil.

Hmm really? I've used them on every phone I have had. The reviews I always read here on xda always praise them. I've been using them for over a year and love them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Hmm really? I've used them on every phone I have had. The reviews I always read here on xda always praise them. I've been using them for over a year and love them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I read through a thread on androidcentral or something like that and they all hated them. I really wanted to try them, but I chose not to.

bzmotoninja83

Nov 11, 2010
Hopewell
I have a moaning screenie. The Guy I traded with had it. Its in there so ill leave it but, I do like the zagg screen protectors, also like the bare screen. And even with the screenie, I done have anything in my pocket with the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App

luisraulg96

Jul 13, 2011
Ive had both an Invisible Shield and the screen protector that comes with the otterbox commuter. When my phone was of its case and in my pocket, the screen protector started peeling off at the corners. I could reapply it, but looked unattractive. I trashed that when i got my otterbox, been using that ever since. It seems less durable, but until I can buy another invisible shield or a better product, itll do.

Last edited:

michiel21

Jan 11, 2011
Fairfield
The rearth ringbo by far the best screen protection I have used so far. I found the zagg is to sticky and doesn't give the same feel as if you didn't have one at all

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Kant Phaze Me

Feb 14, 2012
Zagg best screen protector, you pretty much pay for what you get lol...Been using it for a few years now, really since it first was released and no complaints yet.

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Got the Steinheil Ultra Crystal this last weekend and it's by far the best I've seen on my or anyone's phone. Solid, no lines or orange peeling - you can't tell it's there.

blackplague1347

Dec 7, 2011
I also use Realook. I really can't say enough about it, to be honest. It's almost impossible to notice that it's even there. The texture is slightly different from the bare screen, but that's about the only way to notice that my GS2 has a screen protector on it (or look closely at the earpiece, I suppose). It doesn't distort the display at all, and it's suprisingly easy to put on. I had never put a screen protector on a phone before and I got this one to near perfection on my first try. A slight adjustment or two during the application process, and it's on perfectly. There is no adhesive for the user to apply, so that made the application easy. Plus, the package comes with two of them so even if you mess the first one up somehow, the second is there if you need it.

The only real downside is that it sometimes collects fingerprints/oils from your fingers. I usually can't tell that this is the case unless I have my phone tilted at a certain angle though. For "normal" use, it's hardly an issue.

There are some tiny little squares that came with the screen protectors as well. I think they may be for the camera lens, but I'm not sure. I forgot about it until after I had the screen protector on, and didn't bother to dig it out of the garbage can. Can't speak to how well they work, unfortunately.

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I also use Realook. I really can't say enough about it, to be honest. It's almost impossible to notice that it's even there. The texture is slightly different from the bare screen, but that's about the only way to notice that my GS2 has a screen protector on it (or look closely at the earpiece, I suppose). It doesn't distort the display at all, and it's suprisingly easy to put on. I had never put a screen protector on a phone before and I got this one to near perfection on my first try. A slight adjustment or two during the application process, and it's on perfectly. There is no adhesive for the user to apply, so that made the application easy. Plus, the package comes with two of them so even if you mess the first one up somehow, the second is there if you need it.

The only real downside is that it sometimes collects fingerprints/oils from your fingers. I usually can't tell that this is the case unless I have my phone tilted at a certain angle though. For "normal" use, it's hardly an issue.

There are some tiny little squares that came with the screen protectors as well. I think they may be for the camera lens, but I'm not sure. I forgot about it until after I had the screen protector on, and didn't bother to dig it out of the garbage can. Can't speak to how well they work, unfortunately.

Yeah, they are for the camera. I have one on there now. I have loved realook. I'm surprised Skatin said he heard bad things about them. From what I read here on xda from people who have tried both the realook and the steinheil that they are basically the same and equally as good. Just do a search on xda and you will see people speak very highly of both of them. as I said in my earlier post when I sold my Epic 4g touch, the girl I sold it to couldnt even tell if there was one on there, She said "I thought it had a screen protector" I said "It does, it's on the phone and here is an extra one" :D

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
First thing that popped up when I Google realook screen protector review said they were awful. I'd like to try them sometime, but I prefer steinheil.

M.k.s

Apr 15, 2011
I ordered the Steinheil Ultra Crystal, got it a day later in the mail and installed it. Sure enough, you would never know there was a screen protector on it unless you looked real hard at the bottom. Also, it doesn't feel like theres a screen protector on it at all when you touch the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +10 for the Steinheil Ultra Crystal - I've used the Ultra Crystal (which I managed to scuff somehow after a couple of months, but that's what it's there for!) and this time I got the Ultra Fine. It has a matte finish, which isn't as crystal clear (which bugged me for a while) but it will NOT take fingerprints, smears, anything! So I got over the matte look - it's just too nice to NEVER have a finger smear on the screen.

I did try a couple others before getting these (recommended from another thread), and I learned all about orange peeling, rainbow effect, and why it's worth the extra money :D
    Do they make it for the i777? I can't find it on their site.

Well since they dont have a customer service number on their website (???) i wrote them an email and i was told that they did offer one but they discontinued it because they are focusing more on the new S3, the damn phone is barely a year old! I was pissed! They will def. not get any business from me. Ps their cases suck anyway!
    Steinheil Super Oleophobic here. Can't complain, had a Zagg before but always felt it too sticky but this one's perfect. No fingerprint marks at all.