Nexus5 stock update still not avilable

Search This thread

albaneso99

Nov 28, 2012
Is it just me not getting the update or there are more people that didn't get the update on their phone? Mine is a Google play edition.
I installed an app called PERCENT ENABLER and I'm worried if that is the problem? Any help would be welcomed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

jdawg0024

Jul 5, 2007
Is it just me not getting the update or there are more people that didn't get the update on their phone? Mine is a Google play edition.
I installed an app called PERCENT ENABLER and I'm worried if that is the problem? Any help would be welcomed

There is no Nexus 5 Google Play Edition.. Only the Nexus 5. If you haven't gotten the update yet and are completely stock (not rooted) you can side load the update via adb through your PC. You won't lose and data and it will be exactly like doing the update via OTA. Head over to androidpolice.com where they have the update file and instructions on how to do it. Its really easy

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: albaneso99

dechronic

Dec 7, 2013

If you are running a custom recovery then you may (thanks marleyfan61) get the OTA update notification but as jdawg0024 said you can always side load it if you wish.

You can get the factory images for you Nexus 5 from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=de#hammerhead.

However, do NOT use the flash-all (.bat for Windows & .sh for Mac/Linux) files to load it without a backup as it will wipe all apps and data, provided your bootloader is unlocked (correct me if I am wrong about this last part).

Last edited:
Reactions: albaneso99

albaneso99

Nov 28, 2012
If you are running a custom recovery then you may (thanks marleyfan61) get the OTA update notification but as jdawg0024 said you can always side load it if you wish.

You can get the factory images for you Nexus 5 from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=de#hammerhead.

However, do NOT use the flash-all (.bat for Windows & .sh for Mac/Linux) files to load it without a backup as it will wipe all apps and data, provided your bootloader is unlocked (correct me if I am wrong about this last part).

Yeah im using an unlocked bootloader i didnt change anyrhing on my phone, i like the stock bootloader and rom :)

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc
naw, i haven't gotten it still,

& ain't even lookin for it,

i'm stock 4.4.2 & have all lte bands enabled,

whatever ecsfb issues that plaque others on sprint, *dont bodda me*

i don't wory about stupid settings like *lte only* or *cdma only* to produce a half functional device; that's only meant for testing purposes, not for main driver purposes..

.. my sh*ts works fully , because i researched the hell outta how to make it work..

they can keep 4.4.3...

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/sprint-tri-band-activation-help-t2515798/page16

i'll wait for the the next redition..

Last edited:

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc
View attachment 2789729

i don't wory about stupid settings like *lte only* or *cdma only* to produce a half functional device; that's only meant for testing purposes, not for main driver purposes..

.. my sh*ts works fully , because i researched the hell outta how to make it work..

they can keep 4.4.3...

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/sprint-tri-band-activation-help-t2515798/page16

ooooo noooo - ~attachment~

how on earth do i dis-own it, step-child this, thing..

i'm almost scurr'd to do it..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-09-16-40-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-16-40-23.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto

Percent Enabler doesn't even require root and will not stop you from receiving a system update as I have updated and also use a percent enabler.

If you're on stock the message would appear anyways, only the installation might later fail if you had modified system files.

ie. you simply haven't recieved it yet. Patience, grasshopper. :laugh:

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc

they can keep 4.4.3...

maan, i stand TOTALLY corrected..

i just stepped outside in the garden before leaving work, with phone in hand, band 41 popped up instantedly! ~attachments~

when i originally enabled those bands w/o the update, b41 was as elusive as a dream date, now i can't keep it off of me.. lol

it never showed up in this uptown area before

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-09-19-11-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-19-11-55.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2014-06-09-19-11-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-19-11-43.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 34

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc
& the handovers are nice, as soon as i came back in the basement, it switched from b41 DIRECTLY to a weak, but usable, b26..

~edit~

lmao.. it JUST switched to ehrpd.. guess that'sa more stable connection..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-09-19-30-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-19-30-06.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2014-06-09-19-31-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-19-31-02.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc
i need to, this weekend, go up top, to b'more, and /or ny, where the spark market is mature, to see what, things are all about..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are running a custom recovery then you won't get the OTA update notification.

Not true. I'm running TWRP and I got the notification. It allowed me to download it but installation failed.

There is no Nexus 5 Google Play Edition.. Only the Nexus 5. If you haven't gotten the update yet and are completely stock (not rooted) you can side load the update via adb through your PC. You won't lose and data and it will be exactly like doing the update via OTA. Head over to androidpolice.com where they have the update file and instructions on how to do it. Its really easy

Sent from my Nexus 5