Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
This is the PRE-Release BETA for the SM-T800. Proceed at your own risk as I take no responsibility for anything that happens. ;)

Since I don't have this tablet I need people who are willing to help test this. Please remember I take no responsibility for anything!

This is based on the US fimware. Be careful!

What's inside:
Zipaligned
DeBloated
DeOdexed
Buildprop tweaks for better performance
Rooted
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-If you have any issues please report them. Thank You![/SIZE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRE-RELEASE BETA UPDATED 8/6/14: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kaDFDMK0TYVW0yQllXdURwalE/edit?usp=sharing
CONFIRMATION: Officially Released

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
You have a good attitude. Thanks for contributing to our forums, no matter where this project leads. Stay positive ! :)

Sent from my SM-T705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Shaheer

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
You have a good attitude. Thanks for contributing to our forums, no matter where this project leads. Stay positive ! :)

Sent from my SM-T705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you! I hope to keep updating it regularly once I get it out of testing. As soon as I can get some confirmation from people that it boots and what's working and not I can hopefully add some more goodies to it.

Dingchow

Oct 5, 2011
This is a work in progress ROM for the SM-T800. Proceed at your own risk as I take no responsibility for anything that happens. ;)

Since I don't have this tablet I need people who are willing to help test this. Please remember I take no responsibility for anything!

What's inside:
Zipaligned
DeBloated
DeOdexed

What's not inside:
NOT ROOTED
NO BUSYBOX
-These things will be included soon I am working on them.​

Assuming that it flashed properly:

Please flash and report the following things back:
1. Please post a picture of the all apps page.
2. PLEASE report any issues you have.
3. Please check if the camera works.
4. Please check if Wi-Fi is working.
5. Please check if Google Play Store Works. Important: Please open it and leave the tablet alone for about 5-10 mins and confirm if it still opens.

Thank You!

BETA 1 Size: 810MB

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kaDFDMK0TYcldNeElOVkFJNXM/edit?usp=sharing

Does not install. FAIL at install.Your updater script looked wrong. Re created it and it installs and boots but WiFi is not working. Camera works
Here are the scripts. Remove txt

Attachments

• update-binary.txt
    264.9 KB · Views: 28
  • updater-script.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 27

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Does not install. FAIL at install.Your updater script looked wrong. Re created it and it installs and boots but WiFi is not working. Camera works

Thanks for your help on this @Dingchow. It's always the wifi isn't it? I see that in lots of new roms. Wifi can be so touchy. Awesome on the camera. I'm sure we'll get it solved. :)

** Tried to click your thanks button but I'm fresh out. Will catch you later on that.

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

Thanks for your help on this @Dingchow. It's always the wifi isn't it? I see that in lots of new roms. Wifi can be so touchy. Awesome on the camera. I'm sure we'll get it solved. :)

** Tried to click your thanks button but I'm fresh out. Will catch you later on that.

can someone look if the permissions are correct?

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond

Wow thanks for the updater scripts redo. This is why Iove this community everyone is willing to help out. The wifi seems to be the issue uh. :(
No worries we can use process of elimination. First could you tell me what recovery you were using?

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Just posted a question in the Pro Forum to get a definitive answer on the Touchwiz Nature UX 3.0 question. Will let you know what I hear.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

can someone look if the permissions are correct?

How would we do that? Where are they and what should they be?

L

LastStandingDroid

Just posted a question in the Pro Forum to get a definitive answer on the Touchwiz Nature UX 3.0 question. Will let you know what I hear.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

How would we do that? Where are they and what should they be?

should be rw-r-r as usual i assume its a bad file or permission somewhere

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Since i'm working two things at a time here is an update:

1. I am working on trying to figure out the wifi problem in the stock based rom. I really need someone that has flashed it and experience the Wi-Fi not working issue to please tell me the following:

-What recovery you are using
-When you say not working what does it do: For example: Does Wi-Fi turn on, does it get suck on connecting, or does it even show Wi-Fi networks.

And if you could try this:
-Go to stock. Install Flashify and install TWRP from there. Then boot into TWRP and choose Wipe then advanced wipe and select everything expect the SD card. Then flash the rom. And report if Wi-Fi works.

A Big Thanks!

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Since i'm working two things at a time here is an update:

1. I am working on trying to figure out the wifi problem in the stock based rom. I really need someone that has flashed it and experience the Wi-Fi not working issue to please tell me the following:

-What recovery you are using
-When you say not working what does it do: For example: Does Wi-Fi turn on, does it get suck on connecting, or does it even show Wi-Fi networks.

And if you could try this:
-Go to stock. Install Flashify and install TWRP from there. Then boot into TWRP and choose Wipe then advanced wipe and select everything expect the SD card. Then flash the rom. And report if Wi-Fi works.

A Big Thanks!

Will give it a try and report back. Let me Nandroid this current setup first.

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Will give it a try and report back. Let me Nandroid this current setup first.

Thanks! Lets hope Wi-Fi works!

Edit: Oh and before you flash please read: Install Flashify and install TWRP from there. (Optional, but this could help to eliminate the possibility of it being a TWRP issue) Then boot into TWRP and choose Wipe then advanced wipe and select everything expect the SD card. Then flash the rom. And report if Wi-Fi works

Dingchow

Oct 5, 2011

Edit: Oh and before you flash please read: Install Flashify and install TWRP from there. (Optional, but this could help to eliminate the possibility of it being a TWRP issue) Then boot into TWRP and choose Wipe then advanced wipe and select everything expect the SD card. Then flash the rom. And report if Wi-Fi works

I flashed twrp via flashify when twrp came out for the T800. I have wiped everything rebooted back into recovery and flashed. No Wifi
I checked permissions in wifi folder and all are rw-r-r. Repaired permissions via twrp. No wifi
I deleted wpa_supplicant.conf. rebooted. No Wifi
I copied all the files in the wifi folder and wpa_supplicant from working stock rom and made patch. Still no wifi

I did a logcat here for the other stock t800 rom that wifi didnt workLogcat

maybe a kernel issue?

I am not a developer. Just a learner...

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

What difference would installing TWRP from Flashify make? It already seems to be working fine.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

PM @eousphoros. He might know why wifi won't work.

Last edited:

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
I flashed twrp via flashify when twrp came out for the T800. I have wiped everything rebooted back into recovery and flashed. No Wifi
I checked permissions in wifi folder and all are rw-r-r. Repaired permissions via twrp. No wifi
I deleted wpa_supplicant.conf. rebooted. No Wifi
I copied all the files in the wifi folder and wpa_supplicant from working stock rom and made patch. Still no wifi

I did a logcat here for the other stock t800 rom that wifi didnt workLogcat

maybe a kernel issue?

I am not a developer. Just a learner...

[ 07-22 20:03:21.415 2787: 2787 E/WifiStateMachine ]

updatePoorNetworkParameters - Exception while retrieving ConnectionManager

[ 07-22 [ 07-22 20:03:21.630 2254: 2786 E/WifiHW ]

Cannot open "/data/.cid.info": No such file or directory20:03:21.640 2787: 2907 E/WifiHW ]

Unable to open connection to supplicant on "@android:wpa_wlan0": Permission denied

[ 07-22 20:03:35.650 2787: 2907 E/WifiHW ]

Supplicant not running, cannot connect

Can you post your build.prop?

Reactions: Dingchow

Dingchow

Oct 5, 2011
[ 07-22 20:03:21.415 2787: 2787 E/WifiStateMachine ]

updatePoorNetworkParameters - Exception while retrieving ConnectionManager

[ 07-22 [ 07-22 20:03:21.630 2254: 2786 E/WifiHW ]

Cannot open "/data/.cid.info": No such file or directory20:03:21.640 2787: 2907 E/WifiHW ]

Unable to open connection to supplicant on "@android:wpa_wlan0": Permission denied

[ 07-22 20:03:35.650 2787: 2907 E/WifiHW ]

Supplicant not running, cannot connect

Can you post your build.prop?

Thanks
here

Attachments

• build.prop.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 63

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Sorry guys was at the gym with my friend so I couldn't reply. I am trying @eousphoros suggestion and have added wifi.interface=wlan0 to the build.prop. I'll upload it shortly after I do some more debloating. My main concern right now is getting Wi-Fi working. ;)

Reactions: eousphoros

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Alright guys, I uploaded beta 2.1 with the suggested build.prop tweak. Hopefully it will work now, BUT If this doesn't work I still got another thing to try =P.

Someone please try and confirm if Wi-Fi works. Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the PRE-Release BETA for the SM-T800. Proceed at your own risk as I take no responsibility for anything that happens. ;)

What's inside:
    Zipaligned
    DeBloated
    DeOdexed
    Rooted
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-If you have any issues please report them. Thank You![/SIZE]

PRE-RELEASE BETA UPDATED 8/6/14: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kaDFDMK0TYVW0yQllXdURwalE/edit?usp=sharing
    CONFIRMATION: Officially Released
    ;) Tell me what your score is

Can't wait to see what it will be once @UpInTheAir releases that kernel as well.

Yes, "the cat is out of the bag"

Intend to be working on a kernel on my return in just under 2 weeks time. Hopefully have something not long after :)

Just downloading and setting up a git repo takes ages on my connection, probably a day wasted there..... But is a GPL and XDA requirement.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    This is a work in progress ROM for the SM-T800. Proceed at your own risk as I take no responsibility for anything that happens. ;)

What's inside:
    Zipaligned
    DeBloated
    DeOdexed

What's not inside:
    NOT ROOTED
    NO BUSYBOX
    -These things will be included soon I am working on them.​

Assuming that it flashed properly:

Please flash and report the following things back:
    1. Please post a picture of the all apps page.
    2. PLEASE report any issues you have.
    3. Please check if the camera works.
    4. Please check if Wi-Fi is working.
    5. Please check if Google Play Store Works. Important: Please open it and leave the tablet alone for about 5-10 mins and confirm if it still opens.

Thank You!

BETA 1 Size: 810MB

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kaDFDMK0TYcldNeElOVkFJNXM/edit?usp=sharing

Alright,

Beta 3.4 is here. Once again it may bring up issues but that is why i'm testing it before the final release. If someone could upload a screenshot of the all apps page that would be great too. Thank You.

Good Night :angel:
    As the rom is not in wip status anymore and a new thread has been opened there is no purpose for this one to be alive too.

You can find the new one here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/thunderrom800-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-t2840209

As per OP's request, thread closed;).