[REQUEST] 6.2.2 is out - BURRITOROOT seems not to work anymore

Search This thread

andTab

Nov 20, 2011
Wow. This is getting quite annoying.
And there is still no way to block OTA updates, unless you install CM7?

chairshot215

Oct 23, 2011
Philadelphia
Wow, after two weeks of constantly reading posts and watching videos I finally got the courage to install TWRP and flash CM7 last night. Timing could not have been better. Will now need to wait until an updated stock Rom hits the forums before considering going back. Unless anyone can confirm that that any of the current stock based Roms survived or how that OTA app worked out this time around? I think they are just shooting themselves in the foot with this block all Root attitude they have going. I would have been perfectly happy with the buy everything you will ever need from us device as long as it didn’t stop me from running apps I know the system can run but you have chosen not to allow me to run software on my own device as I assumed I had voided my warranty out the box, actually before I ordered it. Anyhow I have no beef with CM7 as it’s much preferred. I’m just going to port over as much as is available like Silk & Keyboard just so it still has some of the uniqueness of being a Kindle. I guess I lucked out that before I ever knew about Root that I bought a device with an unlocked boot loader and had Sudo installed on the stock Rom. Hell of a rant, Piece!

Edit: wow was I ever in a bad mood when I made this post. All is good now but for a second I was about to ask the developer who was working on porting the stock launcher if he could put together a version that links the top links to the corisponding area inside the Google Market and take Amazon entirely out of the picture.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts