[APP][2.2+] TouchPal Keyboard 5.7.8 - Fastest version/ Japanese support / auto-text

Search This thread

KunalAPatel

Sep 18, 2013
Sorry if this sounds like a really daft question (a n00b to XDA and TouchPal X both) but how do you activate one-handed option? :confused: I've got TouchPal on HTC One SV and app version is 5.4.5.

Nonetheless, its a great app and looking forward to see what new features could it surprise me with!:cyclops:

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
how do you activate one-handed option?

When typing, tap the "hand" icon in the top left corner, then select "One-handed layout". This seems to appear in portrait mode only.
Otherwise, open TouchPal's settings > General Settings > One-handed layout.

Anyone got voice input to work without an internet connection? Is it supposed to use offline voice recognition (on JB+ if Google's offline voice files are installed already) or not?

Last edited:
Been using this for a few days now and I am really liking it. However I do miss the arrow keys on the keyboard in portrait and landscape mode. I know there is an option to bring them up but it would be nice to have the option to have them on the screen all the time, like the way the default HTC keyboard and swiftkey does. Keep up the amazing work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

clioke16v

Oct 26, 2011
How can I change priority of words in t9 mode? Older version I need to hold down on a word and select higher. That now does not work anymore... please help.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
How can I change priority of words in t9 mode? Older version I need to hold down on a word and select higher. That now does not work anymore... please help.

This will be very useful since in Czech language it gets lot of words badly and I still have to correct them (even trying with very slow and accurate swipe) also every time I swipe word "te" (means you) I get Te... even in the middle of the sentence

Sent from my HUAWEI U9508 using xda premium

clioke16v

Oct 26, 2011
Yups. Older version was better on this. Hope they will fix it quickly.

AL_IRAQI

Recognized Contributor / Themer
May 18, 2012
Baghdad
OnePlus 9R
Can You Please add option to activate Numbers like samsung keyboard
e2a8ega5.jpg

Sent From my i9500 With ☆★Crash Rom★☆

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Dear Touchpal team

Not sure whether this happens to others or has it been brought to your attention - the emoticons does not appear in LINE, Whatsapp or GO SMS. Not sure why.

unknown25

Jul 31, 2012
Dear Touchpal team

Not sure whether this happens to others or has it been brought to your attention - the emoticons does not appear in LINE, Whatsapp or GO SMS. Not sure why.

Tried on whatsapp and emoticons work for me... not sure about line and go sms

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Sorry, my mistake. It works on Whatsapp. LINE is something like Whatsapp. GoSMS is a themeable SMS app.

erpalma

Jan 24, 2009
Great keyboard! Can you add a way to set the time needed to show the popup on the key? Swiftkey has this option! When I have to enter a question mark for example, the default time to show the popup is too high!

Thanks and great work!

KunalAPatel

Sep 18, 2013
When typing, tap the "hand" icon in the top left corner, then select "One-handed layout". This seems to appear in portrait mode only.
Otherwise, open TouchPal's settings > General Settings > One-handed layout.

Anyone got voice input to work without an internet connection? Is it supposed to use offline voice recognition (on JB+ if Google's offline voice files are installed already) or not?

Apologies for delay response but upon tapping the "hand" icon in the top left corner gives me only four options
  1. Curve - Word Gesture
  2. Wave - Sentence Gesture
  3. Word Prediction
  4. More
Also there's no such option called 'One-Handed layout' on my 'General Settings' :( Any other suggestions?:confused:

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Also there's no such option called 'One-Handed layout' on my 'General Settings' :( Any other suggestions?:confused:

It might be available on larger screens only, since the only thing it does is make the keyboard a tiny bit smaller and push it to the right. Not sure. :)

JaymzBond

Aug 13, 2011
Ankara
I dont know if the OP is a developer of the app or no but I still want to suggest something

Please improve your Turkish prediction engine. I know it's a complicated language but Swiftkey does wonders.
Even though I love this app I cant use i because of poor predictions

arielCo

Mar 23, 2011
Autocorrect vs Prediction

I was this close to replacing swiftkey with this, but there's only one thing preventing me and that's the prediction, it keeps correcting every word i type automatically even if i dont want to, usually a word way different that what i intended to write, in swiftkey if i need to correct a word im able to tap one of the words displayed at the top of the keyboard otherwise it doesn't correct anything

Once touchpal gets an option to keep the word prediction without auto correcting what i write then its goodbye swiftkey's ugly keyboard(swiftkey is quite awesome too but the themes are fugly)

Sent from my GT-P5200 using Tapatalk 4

this will close all the prediction , i just want to stop the auto complete or choosing the correct word using the space bar

This. For an example, look at the Samsung keyboard. It has separate toggles to enable autocorrection and suggestions. There's a "correct misspellings" checkbox but I don't even know what it does since the behavior is the same to me.

SeeMeNoMore

Apr 23, 2012
Dingolfing
Hello, first off, awesome keyboard. My favorite in google play. Got a little request though. Could you devs add an option to hide the toolbar?

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TouchPal -- Typing fun

attachment.php

WHAT'S NEW

5.7.8 Japanese experimental version
    • Japanese support!
    • Cloud Sync is free for all users! Log in to back your user dictionary to cloud and sync across devices
    • Add new emoji for Android M(6.01)
    • Performance improvement. Keyboard is faster than even!
    • Fully compatible with Android M
    • Clipboard has been upgrade to the new SHORTCUT feature.
    • Dictionaries now can be updated lively. A notification will appear when update is available
    • Fix layout of Greek and Russian(T+)

HIGHLIGHTS:
    • TouchPal Wave - Sentence gesture, use the gesture to input commonly used phrases/sentences
    • TouchPal Curve® - Word gesture technology
    • Sliding up or down gesture to input number or symbol
    • Emoji X: Flip up Space for emoji & smileys
    • Contextual prediction
    • Blind type on your touchscreen
    • Save > 90% of keystrokes
    • Learns your Tweets/messages/contacts to personalize candidate outputs
    • Walkie-Talkie style voice input
    • T+ dual-letter layout: bigger keys than QWERTY

OTHER FEATURES:
    • Support more than 70 languages
    • Toolbar plugins (Twitter plugin)
    • Mixed language prediction
    • Keyboard meter and speed statistics tracker
    • Multiple themes available
    • One-hand keyboard layout for large touchscreen

DOWNLOAD from Google Play

Stable version:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cootek.smartinputv5
    Beta version: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.cootek.smartinputv5

Or

Download the APK attached
    Awesome

This is Awesome KeyBoard I love it it easy to type & Many Usere Love TouchPal X Keyboard
    U are Cool Man Thanks For Making This App

If You Like Hit THANKS

Sent from my GT-I9300
    Thanks a lot for all of you guys' support & great suggestions.
    Sorry for the late reply, we were too busy on the release of this new version -- 5.4.6.

Personally i used it as my default keypad for around 2 yr... but till swiftKey start support Hindlish ( mixture of hindi + english ) i have to shift to it. Its just a request if it is possible to bring something like this in near future, i will shift back to touchpal because there are several feature which i miss alot :crying:
    Thank you for the support. We have put Hinglish support onto our plan.
    Fantastic Job Man! I've always trying new keyboards but then went back to swiftkey. Finally i've found a better one, really better. I'm just missing two features: Long press duration option and the ability that swiftkey has to identify sentences when I type straight, f.ex ILOVEYOU, swiftkey automatically understand I Love You, but touchpal identifies as a single word, and gives suggestion for it. Congratulations for your work.
    Longpress duration is planned. Hope to be included in the update very soon.
    And about the sentence typing. We have this too. You can try 'iloveyou' or even longer like 'berighttherewaitingforyou'
    Hi Touchpal: Thank you so much for this great keyboard. I love it!
    I've three suggestions to make this keyboard even better:
    I've to change often between two languages and sometimes I start typing without checking which dictionary I'm using right now. After typing/swyping the first word I recognize that I'm using the wrong one. While the wrong word is still marked I'm changing the language by using the edited button left next to the space bar. This leads to that TouchPal automatically approves the wrong word and places a space behind it. I would suggest that TouchPal rather changes the prediction of the last entry to the now active language. That's how it is on AOSP keyboard right now and it works flawless and makes life easier a bit. Would that be possible or do you've a reason while it isn't that way right now?

The second suggestion concerns the themes. I really like the light theme cause of the colors but what makes it far better than nearly every other theme is that the actual buttons are smaller compared to other themes. This leads to a bigger gap between the buttons and it's so much easier to look at and use it since it doesn't look crowded like the other do. Would it be possible to change the actual size of the buttons in general?

Does TouchPal works with the CM theme engine? It would be great if there's one theme which adopts the colors of the current active AOSP keyboard design.

Thank you in advance and keep up the great work.

About the suggestion behavior when switching language. Your suggestion looks very reasonable, currently behavior is heritate from other situation, not on purpose. So we'll discuss and review this.

About the key size. It's possible, but I'm afraid this won't be put on the plan very soon because we have had a lot of fancy stuff about the theme and keyboard appearance on the list already.

About the native theme, it seems we basically didn't use the native stuff at all, so it's not likely we are going to support this lately.

This is a fantastic keyboard. I constantly use it. Any chance of text shortcuts being introduced? Like @@= email@email.com

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Text shortcuts is raised by many users, and we made a simple on tablet version. We are planning to bring this on TouchPal X, too.

By the way, the easiest way to save and input an email or website url is simply add it into your userword. Trust me, it's smarter and easier.
    So far I really like it. As with previous TouchPal releases, I still wish there was a way to add more alternate characters to the main keyboard (accessible by long press), but oh well.

How can I easily select a work for replacement?

As an example, I think it is crazy to switch to an alternate layout to choose a quotation mark ("), then go back to the main layout, type the word/phrase, then switch back again to end the quotation.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

How can I blacklist suggested words that I never want? For example, whenever I try to "curve"/swipe lol, I get Loll.
    Great to see this. It's really nice. However, I have a half-second lag after swiping longer words like "problema" (Spanish). It looks like the delay is larger in non-English dictionaries. It can be lived with, but I switched back to Swiftkey to test and it has no delay at all.
    Also, the swiping isn't good at all in Catalan language.

Also, some of the themes are beautiful! Although it looks like the suggestion bar can't be themed (the lines around the words are not "nice" or "elegant" :eek: ).

Anyway, great to see this! Keep it up

:)

Thank you for the feedback. We did a lot of work to improve the performance. It looks like we need to work harder:eek:

BTW, we are going to offer theme customization in the next update or the one after.