Element Case for Galaxy S III

Search This thread

TxJ0k3r

Jan 10, 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
Im sure he just means a replacement for the one that doesnt fit because thats what everyone complains about. That's why there aren't much reviews about them. I almost threw my money away on one. Luckily I didn't. I do still want the element case though.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3 using XDA App.

scott_0

Jun 21, 2012
I keep an extra oem battery with me so Im never tethered by a charge cord, does the Eclipse come off and go back on easily?

sdrr00

Dec 4, 2009
Im sure he just means a replacement for the one that doesnt fit because thats what everyone complains about. That's why there aren't much reviews about them. I almost threw my money away on one. Luckily I didn't. I do still want the element case though.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3 using XDA App.

im sure you think youre sure, but thats not what im interested in. i asked him if the replacement he got was the new atom that supposedly fits well and if THAT case still doesnt fit, or if its just another of the old batch. Element is apparently replacing all defective Atoms with cases that actually fit, and i wanted to know if there are still problems with those or not

j76ms

Jul 22, 2010
Sucks this case is $70. At $40 I would already own it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, same way I felt. I said previously that I wish these came out closer to the phone release. I actually think it is worth the $65 if I hadn't already spent $30 on other cases. I would not have purchased another case if this were the first.

j76ms

Jul 22, 2010
I change my battery once a day and it isn't terrible to remove. I have actually been worried that the grooves on the tpu that connect it to the aluminum frame will start to wear down over time. I have no issues right now, but I could see it becoming an issue if I continue removing the case on a regular basis. I have been doing this about once per day since I have had the case (about 2 weeks). No signs of wear but will update if I see anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: scott_0

j76ms

Jul 22, 2010
Just got it off ebay. I'm always watching YouTube in bed and hate cupping my hand behind the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

You will love the Sound Boost System. It definitely helps! What color frame did you get and what color is your phone?

I have the silver aluminum frame on pebble blue and I think it looks awesome!

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
The atom case looks sweet. I'm gonna have to buy one now lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

If you like the atom case you should look at the Trident aegis in green. I have both and the Trident blows the otter box away as far as looks feel in Ur hand and fit. The buttons on the trident out of the box are so much easier to push also

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

pachi72

Nov 18, 2008
Miami
It's so worth the money.

Nokia 3650>Nokia 3660>Nokia 6630>SE W800>SE W810>SE K790>Nokia N95-1>Nokia N95-3>Nokia N95-4 8gb>iPhone 3G>iPhone 3GS>iPhone 4>GS Capitvate>Galaxy S2 i9100>Note N7000 32gb> Galaxy S 3 i747M 32gb

khalidabuu

Sep 13, 2009
Damn i want one badly not gonna lie im just trying to hold out for the price to come down a little im willing to drop about fifty on it.

drbveb88

Mar 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
After 6 days, this case has become one with the phone. It no longer feels like a phone with a case on it. It feels like a solid built device with a great speaker system and built in kickstand.
The best case ive had for any of my phones. (probably 15-20cases)

Definitely worth the money!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ElementCase

j76ms

Jul 22, 2010
After 6 days, this case has become one with the phone. It no longer feels like a phone with a case on it. It feels like a solid built device with a great speaker system and built in kickstand.
The best case ive had for any of my phones. (probably 15-20cases)

Definitely worth the money!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

That's exactly how I feel about the case. It actually feels like it is the phone and not an accessory. I have always loved the super thin cases but now when I pick my wife's phone up it feels like something is missing. She is using my old Modello TPU case. The Eclipse case definitely added $65 worth of value to the phone. I hated paying that much but am definitely ok with it now.

Before I got this case, I didn't realize how cheap or toyish the phone felt by itself.

carrevan

Aug 18, 2011
is it the replacement of the revised version thats supposed to fit? or just an exchange of another case?

This is from Element after I complained about my replacement. I'm not sure if the replacement is from a new batch but it still pops out of the corners easily like the other one.

"The case is not designed to fit very snug on the phone as the edges are not gripped around completely. The reason for this is because if you were to use a screen protector and the edges completely overlapped the edge of the phone then this would cause the screen protector to peel up. The case is not a loose fit it's just the way it's designed so that you may easily take it off. If you would like you may exchange for the Eclipse case which has a much snugger fit or you may return for refund. Please advise."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

scott_0

Jun 21, 2012
welp, just ordered the eclipse on ebay, hope it satifies me $65 :eek: Ive never been a fan of cases, as I prefer to rock my phones naked, but the GSIII just feels delicate to me

alexgarrett

Sep 20, 2009
Hillbilly Hell, MO
Can anyone that has the eclipse comment on the thickness of the back? I did the Palm touchstone mod on my phone and really want to buy that case but only if it isn't too thick that my phone won't charge wirelessly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To Element Cases,
    I apologize if I hurt your feelings and wasn't more grateful for you to produce a case for our phones. It is MY money after all that will be spent on the case but who am I? Just the consumer is all. I was, however, under the impression that we would be getting a high end case like the ones you sell for the iPhone. So when you released a TPU case I was very disappointed. I hope my comments, opinions and concerns are not so powerful to discourage you and your company from continuing to produce high end cases for the Galaxy S3 and other future android products.

I understand iPhone is insanely popular, heck my wife has one, and so producing quality products for them just makes sense. Making producst for Android phones can be risky as people tend to trade in every year and they constantly change. I hope you can still produce high end cases for the high end phones though. I was really looking forward to that case in the picture on your blog. Good luck with the company!

Hurt?! Heck no... Have you seen the complaining from the iPhans!? This is a downright constructive conversation and criticism is healthy. Not sure if it was here or on Facebook, but I've mentioned that we were trying to come out with two cases at the same time - kind of like a high end/low end option, more like frills/less frills. Unfortunately, we had to make some tooling changes and they can take some time. So, we release the Atom first. The Atom is not the case that you saw in the teaser shots. It's still coming, hopefully before Xmas, but it will be close...
    Sorry we've been absent from discussion here - we normally don't post on the forums since it's not allowed at most places. I'm going to keep this just to answering product questions - no customer support or selling.

A few XDA members have popped up on our Facebook page and we want to try to answer your questions for you. I personally was an iPhone user and switched when I got an S3. I played with a phone during a product development meeting and fell in love with it. When I learned that we were considering making a case for it, that was icing on the cake that sealed the deal.

I'm running a pre-production sample on my S3 right now - it's not vaporware. We actually have several designs that we're working on concurrently and I don't think that this one is going to come out first. We're still looking at about 2 weeks out and pricing (please don't hold me to it) should be <$75 AFAIK. Element Case is still a somewhat small business that has managed to produce (IMHO) niche market high quality cases that have had a significant impact on the industry. I know development seems to have taken a while, but we're working on this project and others as quickly as we can.

Here are a couple of pics I just snapped of my case on my phone. Note - I dropped my phone before I was able to get a case for it and there is a small crack in the lower left hand corner as well as a scuff on the aluminum ring on the top left. I'm super bummed about that. I freaked out the other day when I dropped it again while I was ordering lunch at a deli - it bounced on the corners and landed flat on its back with no problems!
    Element-Case-Android-Galaxy-Aluminum-Corner.jpg
    Element-Case-Android-Galaxy-Carbon-Fiber-Logo.jpg

http://blog.elementcase.com/2012/08/16/element-case-will-surround-the-galaxy/
    100 for a case!?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Wow you people are absolutely ridiculous . Whether you like the case or not, the more companies producing cases for our phone the better. You don't like it? Keep your mouth shut and don't buy it. You really think after reading the filth in this thread they will have any desire at all to bring us that sweet aluminum case that we all want? I wouldn't if I was them. Ungrateful people.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2