[Q] Initialize Samsung Galaxy S4 Via Kies 3

Search This thread

maxtroy0

Feb 27, 2014
Hi Guys! I have a rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2. If i initialize it via kies 3, will there be no problem? Will I be able to root it again?

Last edited:

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
What do you mean initialize? Like perform a reset? Root has been achievable in every android version for this device so I think that answers your second question

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: maxtroy0

maxtroy0

Feb 27, 2014
What do you mean initialize? Like perform a reset? Root has been achievable in every android version for this device so I think that answers your second question

Yes, I want to perform a reset. By the way, do you know how to flash back the stock recovery?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
You can flash it back with stock firmware.. If you want to reset I suggest you use Odin instead of kies.. Download 4.4.2 firmware from fenny and flash it with Odin.. Flashing the firmware will also flash stock recovery

Reactions: maxtroy0

maxtroy0

Feb 27, 2014
You can flash it back with stock firmware.. If you want to reset I suggest you use Odin instead of kies.. Download 4.4.2 firmware from fenny and flash it with Odin.. Flashing the firmware will also flash stock recovery

I'm gonna try it, but my real problem is I can't access my recovery by holding the three buttons... Whatever the recovery I install... I can access it only via a rom manager... Do you know how to fix that?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I'm gonna try it, but my real problem is I can't access my recovery by holding the three buttons... Whatever the recovery I install... I can access it only via a rom manager... Do you know how to fix that?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app
why are you trying to boot to recovery? press and hold the power and volume down buttons and let go of both as soon as you see the blue 'recovery is booting' message

maxtroy0

Feb 27, 2014
why are you trying to boot to recovery? press and hold the power and volume down buttons and let go of both as soon as you see the blue 'recovery is booting' message

I usually use the recovery to install roms and others... that method wasn't working... I fixed it, now it works perfectly. Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.