[Q] <NEWBIE> Is this phone hard to root etc.?

Search This thread

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
Hello,

I may go and buy this Xperia M but as of now, im using a Samsung Galaxy Mini which i rooted really easily just by clicking one button. But as for Xperia, i read that You need to unlock the "bootloader" . Well, if im going to unlock the bootloader, do i get some differences from the locked one? (I mean, will some stock stuff work?) And whats the difference between the Xperia M "C1904" and "C1905" ? And also, I havent seen popular ROMs like MIUI or other manufacturer ROM (Touchwiz, Sense ROMs etc.) to be ported’ or developed for the Xperia M. Well, when I think, the procedure to port those ROMs is same when i do this for my old Mini? Thanks For The Answers :)

Farsiris

Apr 19, 2014
South Cotabato
Hello,

I may go and buy this Xperia M but as of now, im using a Samsung Galaxy Mini which i rooted really easily just by clicking one button. But as for Xperia, i read that You need to unlock the "bootloader" . Well, if im going to unlock the bootloader, do i get some differences from the locked one? (I mean, will some stock stuff work?) And whats the difference between the Xperia M "C1904" and "C1905" ? And also, I havent seen popular ROMs like MIUI or other manufacturer ROM (Touchwiz, Sense ROMs etc.) to be ported’ or developed for the Xperia M. Well, when I think, the procedure to port those ROMs is same when i do this for my old Mini? Thanks For The Answers :)

Nope .too easy ,right now DEV'S found an easy way to root Xperia M really easy ..Using towelROOT ...it will do the rooting finish in 3 mins .

Rooting does not require you to unlock your booloader . But if you want to install custom rom's then you should unlock your bootloader for that .. :and there are like 10+ ROMS that can be apply in this PHONE .

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
Nope .too easy ,right now DEV'S found an easy way to root Xperia M really easy ..Using towelROOT ...it will do the rooting finish in 3 mins .

Rooting does not require you to unlock your booloader . But if you want to install custom rom's then you should unlock your bootloader for that .. :and there are like 10+ ROMS that can be apply in this PHONE .

Well, do You there will be more than 10 ROMs? Otherwise, I would go for the S3 Mini (they are pretty same)

Last edited:

Bro, do i have to unloack Boot loader to install other rom shared in development thread section....

Barua

Feb 29, 2012
Well, do You there will be more than 10 ROMs? Otherwise, I would go for the S3 Mini (they are pretty same)

Cm11 fxp builds are quite stable (latest one is fastest and bugless), there are different roms too and I am sure there will be more. You can follow development thread.

Despite this If you don't want to buy xperia m, you can go for motorola moto g.

david19au

Jul 17, 2012
Prague
Cm11 fxp builds are quite stable (latest one is fastest and bugless), there are different roms too and I am sure there will be more. You can follow development thread.

Despite this If you don't want to buy xperia m, you can go for motorola moto g.

I know about Moto G but they aren't selling that in Czech Republic :p Otherwise i would surely go for the Moto G. That's why I'm here, I don't know what to pick, performance (Xperia M) or for the one which have a bigger developer community (the S3 Mini). Btw. the S3 Mini has a 100% bugless CM11

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
Hello,

You don't need to unlock bootloader in order to root Xperia M.
It is not hard to root the phone.
As for what device to buy, it is your choice. Depending on what you need and like you will have to make this choice by yourself.

Reactions: david19au

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

You don't need to unlock bootloader in order to root Xperia M.
    It is not hard to root the phone.
    As for what device to buy, it is your choice. Depending on what you need and like you will have to make this choice by yourself.